Start by marking “Albert Einstein” as Want to Read:
Albert Einstein

Albert Einstein (DK Biography)

DK's acclaimed DK Biography series tackles one of history's most colorful figures in DK Biography: Albert Einstein. Perfect for book reports or summer reading, the DK Biography series brings a new clarity and narrative voice to history's most colorful figures. Supports the Common Core State Standards.
Published August 1st 2005 by DK Publishing (Dorling Kindersley) (first published July 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Albert Einstein, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Albert Einstein

2 Asha E
Oct 21, 2012 2 Asha E rated it really liked it
This book is a biography about Albert Einstein. It goes through his life from when he was a young boy to after his death. Some things that you might not know is that as a young boy he was very quiet and had lots of temper tantrums. Also he hated school, but a college student gave him science books and he loved them. Einstein hated Germany and decided to go to the Swiss Polytechnic. ON his first try he didn't get in, but they told him to enroll in a local high school. The next year he got into ...more
Connor Ulmer
Aug 12, 2013 Connor Ulmer rated it it was amazing
Albert Einstein's life story from his birth to his death is thoroughly told and well documented in this biography written by Frieda Wishinsky. It is so thorough that it starts and the day he was born and has every life achievement or tragedy in Albert's life until the day he died.
The difference Culturally from America is when Albert was a young man he had severe anger issues. That, back then was considered the fault of the parents not disciplining the child enough. His parents didn't take him
Freda Mans-Labianca
Aug 20, 2010 Freda Mans-Labianca rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing biography on an even more amazing person of our history. Albert Einstein is a well-known scientist and great thinker, but after reading the book and learning what a family man and unsocial man he was, you learn how real he really was and you admire him more. This was a very well put together book, and Albert would be proud of this as a bio on him.
Surely a great book if studying in school, but also if you have an interest.
M. Donner
Basic Content: 5 Stars
Editing: 0 Stars
Comprehensive Content: 2 Stars

Albert Einstein's name is synonymous with genius, and rightfully so. What few know, however, is that as a young person he struggled with learning, and had trouble finding a stable means of securing a job as a teacher. Or, some quirkier tidbits like how he found socks to be useless, and irritating, so he did not wear them.

Some of these golden nuggets about Einstein were found in this book. This book is a go-to for a young person
Munkhbayar Baatarkhuu
Contrast is Beauty.

The biography is one-sided which I did not like. Here should the last words of Einstein be included. He said "If I were to live again, I would never want to be a physicist". Moreover, his great discovery, the theory of relativity is still unclear in his biography. Furthermore, his habit to bathe for hours playing with bubbles is not written in this book.

A simple book. Informative.
Alissette
Jun 03, 2009 Alissette rated it liked it
So far while reading this book it has become even more interesting than I thought it would've been because it shows alot of facts about when he was a child through an adult and his experiences about something he had created or worked at .It shows how smart he was, how his personality was and at how hard he worked at something he wanted to achieve at.
Esteban
I thought this was great book and it really described how Albert Einsteins life was.He had a hard life and helped win world war 2.If you like biographies then I think you will like this book.I think that the author did a great job on all the parts of the book.
Jacob W
Oct 10, 2013 Jacob W rated it liked it
This is the story of a great guy, a great scientist (Albert Einstein).It tells you everything about really.Like i bet you didn't know he played violin or that he was a bad student.Anyways that obviously didn't affect him in adulthood.If you wan to learn about h this is the book for you.
Keshia
Oct 03, 2016 Keshia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I picked up this book on a whim because I needed to read a biography for a book list. Not being a big fan of biographies, I picked this one because it was convenient and short. Like basically everyone, I knew some about Einstein from science classes taken over the years. I expected that to be the same information I read in this biography. So it was a total surprise to me when I did not want to put this book down! The life of Albert Einstein was so fascinating! What really struck me was his pull ...more
Dan Rogers
Feb 17, 2012 Dan Rogers rated it it was amazing
This is the first biography I've ever read in the series created by DK Publishing. I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the work as well as how much information can be packed into less than 130 pages. This book details the life of one of the greatest minds of all time in an easy to follow, enjoyable to read manner. Adding to the enjoyment of reading are the "extras" found throughout the book including photographs, sidebars, definition boxes, and at the end, a timeline of Einstein's ...more
Mussa Adam
Jan 26, 2016 Mussa Adam rated it really liked it
The book, Albert Einstein, by Frieda Wishinsky is a very informative book. The book goes into detail about many of the events that happened in Albert Einstein's life. The book starts off when Albert was born in Germany. It then goes on to talk about his childhood and his early schooling. I was surprised to find out that Albert Einstein wasn't the best behaved kid and that he used to get in trouble many times.
The book talks about Albert Einstein's life and many of the accomplishments and difficu
Abdullah zafar
Jan 21, 2016 Abdullah zafar rated it it was amazing
Albert Enistrin,

This book is a biography about Albert Einstein. It goes through his life from when he was a young boy to after his death . He was very quiet and had lots of temper tantrums. Also he hated school, but a college student gave him science books and he loved them.

Einstein hated Germany and decided to go to the Swiss Polytechnic. On his first try he didn't get in he failed but then they told him to go to high school. The next year he got into the Polytechnic. Once he graduated from th
Ericy Yine
Apr 30, 2012 Ericy Yine rated it really liked it
Shelves: april
The book was relatively short so I was able to finish it easily in a day. The book talks on, not the geeko scientific stuff, but his lifetime and family and friends with some of his tours and most important discoveries that led him to fame, e.g. light is effected by gravity. The book gives a tour on his personal hobbies, professions, and failures, and success.

I picked this book up from a chapters store that my mom told me to try out, so I read a bit and decided that it wasn't that bad and bought
Daniel19
Oct 17, 2012 Daniel19 rated it really liked it
Shelves: october
I really liked this book because it was really detailed and very funny. I liked that about it because it explained alot about Abert Einstien's life without getting to boring and didn't have an over load on detail. It also explained some funny parts about Albert's life, like when he threw a chair at his violin teacher. I also liked about him that he was really focused and a really good multitasker.

Here are somje examples to back up my statments. The quote "Learning was becoming exciting for Albe
Scott
Jun 13, 2011 Scott added it
Shelves: book-reviews
Albert Einstein was born on March 14, 1879. Grew up in Ulm, Germany. Albert as a child had large temper tantrums. The first time his grandmother jette saw him she said “too fat! Much too fat!" but the doctors assured them that Albert would look "normal". Albert was about five years old his father brought him a campus to keep him amused while he recuperated. Albert to the teachers was a snooty brat. They would smack his knee caps if he disrespected his teachers. Albert enrolled in luitpold ...more
Spencer Ramkissoon
Mar 13, 2014 Spencer Ramkissoon rated it really liked it
This book was full information about Albert Einstein challenges he faced in Germany during the holocaust. It was a very good introduction to Einstein's life and the social and political environment that surrounded him. His road to fame and cracking some of the hardest theory's for math and science. How he had struggled with early speech difficulties. This book told me that kid that's struggling with problems can turn in to the greatest person ever. Einstein was very curious and wanted to learn ...more
Vanessa
Mar 03, 2016 Vanessa rated it liked it
Dayan Cruz
Feb 04, 2016 Dayan Cruz rated it it was amazing
Super interesting book. I learned so many new things about Albert. He was a great man even though he had his ups and downs like most of us. This book gave me an idea of who he really is, what he does, and what he was like. Even though I read this book for a class, I would've still wanted to read this book in the first place. He had a very interesting life and ha some things that I wont tell you because you're going to have to read it yourself. I recommend this book who like reading books about ...more
Wendy Daniel
Nov 04, 2013 Wendy Daniel rated it really liked it
Shelves: lis-4510
As far as biographies for middle-aged children go, the DK series is quite good. They use a similar format to the Eyewitness Series, and it works well for this age group. The text is well-written and informative. It is broken up with good photographs and side bars. There is a good reference section at the end of the book. I also looked into other books in this series. They are all fairly standard and well-written and reliable.

I would definitely look for more biographies in this series to fill th
Ryan Diaz
Mar 07, 2016 Ryan Diaz rated it it was amazing
I thought that the Albert Einstein biography had given us a good, brief history of him. This book has listed Albert's childhood, his time period/culture, Influential people, struggles/challenges, and his contributions. The author, Frieda Wishinsky, has also given us a timeline of all the things he has done. I recommend this book to people who like biographies about Albert Einstein or other biographies written by Frieda like Amelia Earhart.
John Terry
Feb 25, 2016 John Terry rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book because it was everything we now about the most famous scientist, Albert Einstein. This book tells you what happens from beginning to end, birth to death. This book is a great biography on Albert Einstein. This book teaches you more than his theroys and the atomic bomb. I really enjoyed this book a lot even though it was a biography. This book tought me things I never knew about Albert. I would recommend this book to any one who likes biography
Indra Adhikari
Jan 17, 2013 Indra Adhikari rated it really liked it
This book is about Albert Einstein. This books explains about his childhood till to his death. I found this more more interesting than I've thought because it provided a lots of fact about when was an child through adult. This book also provided details things about his scientific work in interesting way.
Darian
Feb 29, 2016 Darian rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book. I learned a lot about Albert Einstein while reading it. It is well documented by Frieda Wishinsky. It was more interesting then i thought it would be. There were facts about him that I didn't even know about. It talked a lot about Albert's life, contributions, and struggles. I recommend it to anyone who wants to learn more about Albert Einstein.
Alberto
Feb 04, 2016 Alberto rated it really liked it
I really liked this book because it describes the like of the most well known scientist Albert Einstein.This book is in chronological order so if you are trying to find out something about Albert's childhood you would look in the front of the book. Overall I think this was a great book and I would recommend this book to people how like learning about peoples pasts.
Sidney Owens
Apr 18, 2016 Sidney Owens added it
Shelves: rdng-648
Upon reading this book, I learned about Einstein, a theoretical physicist whose name is synonymous with genius. He won the Nobel prize in 1921 for his work on the photoelectric effect. Einstein was also instrumental in getting Harry S. Truman to begin work on the atomic bomb to counteract the work of the Werner Heisenberg and the Germans during world war II.
Ariq R.b
Nov 08, 2012 Ariq R.b rated it liked it
This is the first book biography I've ever read. Einstein was never daunted by his flunking grades, he kept on thinking. He was creatively and intellectually capable of inventing several theories and formulas. He intensively focused working on his "Theory of Relativity" with great discipline in his office.
Boutheina Mohamed
Feb 06, 2015 Boutheina Mohamed rated it really liked it
Albert Einstein was on of the most smartest unique person on earth.At the age of ten, he began attending the Luitpold Gymnasium,most of his education consisted of the study and reading he undertook on his own under the guidance of his Uncle Jakob and the young medical student and family friend Max Talmud.
Bhatcher
This book has to be probably one of the best books i ever read. If goodreads had favorites, this would definetly bee in there. This book shows a really interesting history of albert einstein. This book made me like biographys way more. It also has adolf hitler in it because albert was the omst famous jew. This makes it really interesting!
5kidder_justin
Jan 13, 2013 5kidder_justin rated it really liked it
I like how the author put so much detail into Albert Einstein's childhood and you wouldn't imagine Albert Einstein came from a family of merchants and skilled workers and instead he become a scientist.
Alan Serafin
Mar 02, 2016 Alan Serafin rated it really liked it
Albert Einstein by Frieda Wishinsky is a really good book. It's very informative and gives you many facts about Albert Einstein. His childhood, his time period/culture, the people who influenced him, his struggles, and his contributions. I recommend this book an 8/10.
famous einstein quotes 2 5 Oct 03, 2013 07:32AM
  • Who Was Louis Braille?
  • The Life and Teachings of the Prophet Joseph
  • Who Was Gandhi?
  • You Are Special: Neighborly Wit And Wisdom From Mister Rogers

DK Biography (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Gandhi
  • Nelson Mandela
  • Mother Teresa
  • Benjamin Franklin
  • George Washington
  • Helen Keller:  A photographic story of a life (DK Biography)