Start by marking “Beneath the Stain - Part One” as Want to Read:
Beneath the Stain - Part One

Beneath the Stain - Part One (Beneath the Stain - Serial #1)

In one breath of shotgunned pot smoke, Grant Adams breaks every taboo Mackey knows—and Mackey refuses to look back. In the shadows of their small town, Mackey and Grant carry on a precocious affair under the noses and behind the backs of girlfriends, parents, and overprotective older brothers. When Mackey's band finally has a chance to make it big, Mackey and Grant are put ...more
Published August 29th 2014 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Beneath the Stain - Part One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beneath the Stain - Part One

A Case of Possession by K.J. CharlesAlways by Kindle AlexanderBroken Pieces by Riley HartBall & Chain by Abigail RouxStay by Riley Hart
Best M/M Romance Published in 2014
344th out of 648 books — 1,533 voters
Blood & Thunder by Charlie CochetRed Dirt Heart 2 by N.R. WalkerNot Fade Away by S.E. JakesSkye Blue by Alexa LandCaught! by J.L. Merrow
August 2014 MM Releases
39th out of 94 books — 140 voters

More lists with this book...

Nick Pageant
Sep 11, 2016 Nick Pageant rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
I'm hooked! We all know how great Amy Lane is, but this is something special. I'm amazed by the writing here. This is so freaking good! Get to reading, folks.
Catherine
Holy hell! These boys have grabbed me by the heart and are squeezing the ever-lovin' shit outta it. Already. I'm a little afraid of what's to come...
Cory
I was totally captivated from start to finish! I started this at about 2:00 AM and didn't stop until I was done (it was short so no big deal). But there was no way that I could stop as I was immediately invested in these boys.

God, the ending just pissed me off to no end regarding (view spoiler), but did I ever just love the shit out of Jefferson!

So looking forward to book 2 as well as this series in general! Two big thumbs up!!!!
Bev
Sep 07, 2014 Bev rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-of-the-best
Loved this first part, Amy Lane is definitely back to her best!! Mackey, Grant and the boys...just wonderful BUT I suspect things are about to go pear-shaped!! Sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll...gotta love it. 5 stars from me.
Love it all bookworm
Sep 24, 2015 Love it all bookworm rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, sad
4.5 River Shadows stars

description

I had to remind myself that these guys are only kids other wise I don't know what the hell I would have done to Grant for hurting my boy Mackey like that. I would probably have thought something like this:

Ok more crazy shit after book 2
Eva
Sep 08, 2014 Eva rated it it was amazing
Part One

Amazing

Review of the whole series here

Karen
Mar 14, 2016 Karen rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-mm
I got through part 1 and yes, I'm hooked and loving it so far. These guys are just a bundle of sad events and so far no tears but I'm seeing them in my future. On to part 2 and a full review at the end. Wish me luck.
Isabel
Sep 15, 2014 Isabel rated it it was amazing
Part One

I loved it! My full review will be posted here at the end of this series!
Otila
Sep 20, 2014 Otila rated it it was amazing
************************************************************

Oh god, this series is going to wreck me. I LOVE IT!

U2-With or Without You

Review of complete series here
MishyJo
Jan 25, 2015 MishyJo rated it it was amazing
BR with my extended family.

The bonus chapter at the end really threw me for a loop, but oh how I loved this story. I will possibly write a longer review when I finish the series.

Do we really have to wait until next Sunday to read part 2? Really?
Amy
Jan 06, 2016 Amy rated it it was amazing
Outstanding start to this series! As if I would expect anything less from Amy Lane.
Debra
Nov 06, 2014 Debra rated it it was amazing
Great start to what looks like is going to be a classic Amy Lane story. Review to follow on completion of story. here
Alona
Feb 03, 2015 Alona rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Alona by: Eva
This book just reminded me why I'm stuck with that m/m book addiction!
When Amy Lane is the first book you read in the genre, you are left with little choice!
Locker Room was the first, Sidecar was my second... I was doomed!
This book, right here, just threw me back to why Amy Lane is one of the best writers in m/m romance.

When you read her "The Bells of Times Square" you think to yourself "oh, I didn't know she was Jewish!", when I read this book, I was thinking "is she in the music industry?"...
Lelyana

*** 5 Heartbreaking stars!***

***** SPOILERS!*****

The river makes music just like you and I make love
And the sunlight cuts through shadows like a pie knife from above
And we sit inside the purple shade of a place we’ve forged from sin
And we listen to the river whisper ’bout the end.

Amy Lane... Amy *freakin' Lane!
What did I do to make me deserves this, you sadist? Because I'm a masochist?
Because I enjoyed torturing my weekend and breaking my heart and brawling my ayes out?
You know, tissues is
Morgan  Skye
Oct 09, 2014 Morgan Skye rated it it was amazing
Amy Lane wants to Kill Me. That's what this is about! These boys and their damn heartbreaking and wonderful stories are going to kill me - over 7 episodes!

Full Review http://kimnsarah.co.uk/?s=beneath+the...

Mackey lives with his three brothers in small-town California. He forms a band with them, and some friends, including Grant, his older brother’s friend. The band turns out to be amazing and they go from playing at the prom to getting a record deal. Meanwhile, Grant and Mackey are at once gett
вιвℓισρнιℓια {кιηgѕℓєу & ѕøяєη ƒσяєνєя}
description...

Their desperation and need just about killed me. Love books like this sfm.

Ula'ndi Hart
Aug 19, 2015 Ula'ndi Hart rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rock-star-band
The verdict is still out...What exactly have I just read??? It's. ..heart breaking!!!!! Where is the light cause I'm only seeing "river-shadows"
Christy Duke
Oct 20, 2014 Christy Duke rated it it was amazing
I know, for a fact, that Amy Lane is very, very, very nervous about releasing a book in serial form. Personally, I think it's incredible! 'Beneath the Stain' will release in seven parts, every Friday for seven weeks, and then the full book will be available. For those fans, like myself, who buy everything Amy, each week's installment will have a little bonus to it....a little something, something for those of us who proudly carry the name of "Laniacs"!

Part One:

Mackey Sanders knows three things i
A Girl Has No Name
Beneath the Stain - Part One got me hooked! It tells the story of Mackey, who lives with his brothers in a small town. He comes from a poor family and his mother is struggling to feed her boys. His biggest passion is music and together with his brothers and Grant, he formes the rock-band Outbreak Monkey. What start as a children's game is soon becoming their life. They are playing more and more gigs and Mackey's breathtaking lyrics are getting to the crowd.

What nobody knows is that Mackey is ga
Tina Marie
Oct 27, 2014 Tina Marie rated it it was amazing
See Beneath the Stain - Part Two for my review.
Tashieka Hart
Nov 22, 2014 Tashieka Hart rated it it was amazing
Why Grant?
WHYYYYYYY ?
Pete W
Oct 20, 2014 Pete W rated it it was amazing
To make this brief and to the point, this book word-punched me in the solar plexus multiple times through out the almost 100 pages. Sometimes it just a single succinct sentence, not even a paragraph.

Perhaps it was because the story began when Mackey was in his mid-teen. Everything was stark under the rough living condition and teenage angsts. Ms. Lane was able to translate those into words, in her style of writing that made everything just... Like a punch in the chest.

It certainly was a great s
Saj
Jan 17, 2015 Saj rated it really liked it
Angst from the start :(

I've read some of Ms. Lane's works and I love them.

This one is not an exception. It's full of angst, lust, love, and scars...

Not really totally into it, for the "shot in the heart" ending, but I know I want all of it now (as long as it has a happy ending - like other books from the author)

So, bring it on!

starsaga
Boring YA MM story
The only reason I started this book was because of this author. However, there wasn't enough story to this book(if it can be called that), there was barely a chapter of story here.
Selipperydickdip
Jun 17, 2015 Selipperydickdip rated it really liked it
It is easy to become invested in the lives of these fives boys. Watching them grow and the defining moments that shape them, has me in a quandary ... I want to read but am scared that I will be a blubbering mess way before it ends.
Love Bytes Reviews
Oct 01, 2014 Love Bytes Reviews rated it it was amazing
4.5 star review by Vicki

This is like reviewing a television show… Beneath the Stain is being released in seven parts, starting August 29th, the last part releasing on October 10th. If you go to the Dreamspinner Press website it has the multiple ways you can purchase it. I’ve added the link below. Each part also come with what Amy is calling DVD extras, a little bit more that wasn’t included in the story. I’ll be reviewing these parts weekly as they come out.

This first part is really about establ
ItsAboutTheBook
Feb 15, 2015 ItsAboutTheBook rated it it was amazing
Shelves: whit
Review can be read at It's About The Book

I think reading an Amy Lane book as a serial is the way to go for me personally. I always like her writing but good grief she puts her characters through so much. Doses of pain dished out 90 pages at a time work for me. I’m consumed but not completely gutted.

Part 1 introduces us to a group of brothers growing up poor to a single mother in a small town. They have a couple of friends who are always with them whom they consider brothers also. Well, excep
T. Smith
Sep 19, 2014 T. Smith rated it it was amazing
*Note. This review is of part 1 of the serial*
Young Mackey Sanders is only certain about two things… He lives to write songs, and he’s damn good at it. And he is in love with his brother’s best friend Grant. For a while, the two skirt around each other and their mutual attraction that is dangerously close to reaching the breaking point. When they finally share that first kiss, it is explosive, electric, animalistic and raw. From that moment on they can’t get enough of each other, crave each othe
Grammy 1
Mar 08, 2016 Grammy 1 rated it it was amazing
sit here, staring at an empty page as I have been told authors do at the beginning. I am to write a review for your newest release Beneath the Stain, I stare at the page and wonder if you do this too Amy, to begin a book? Then I laugh out loud as I know for sure that your muse and all the voices in your head have already talked to you about what they will be doing and how they want you to tell their story. Amy I think you never in your life have had an empty page.

To say you have done it again i
  • fawn
  • The Dreams You Made in the Dirt
  • Heart
  • Nightingale
  • The Lonely Drop
  • GABRIEL 1: Hostage Hearts (Phoenix Club, #10)
  • John & Jackie
  • Queers
  • A Clean Break (Gay Amish Romance #2)
  • The Flesh Cartel #18: The Long Road
  • Vespertine
  • The Wind Your Voice, The Rain Your Tears (Golden Nettle, #1)
  • Rock
  • Trailer Trash
  • Red Dirt Heart 3 (Red Dirt, #3)
151973
Amy Lane dodges an EDJ, mothers four children, and writes the occasional book. She, her brood, and her beloved mate, Mack, live in a crumbling mortgage in Citrus Heights, California, which is riddled with spiders, cats, and more than its share of fancy and weirdness. Feel free to visit her at www.greenshill.com orwww.writerslane.blogspot.com, where she will ride the buzz of receiving your e-mail u ...more
More about Amy Lane...

Beneath the Stain - Serial (7 books)
  • Beneath the Stain - Part Two