Start by marking “Footprints” as Want to Read:
Footprints

Footprints

It’s the 1950’s. Sammy is a quiet loner who has recently suffered personal tragedy. At the bottom of a wardrobe he finds a dusty old book which his dad brought back from the war. Unbeknown to him it is an ancient magical book possessing massive powers. Also unknown to him evil people in far off lands are searching for the book.

The streetwise Mog is Sammy’s best friend. Un
Published August 29th 2014 by Matador

To ask other readers questions about Footprints, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Footprints

(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Troubador Publishing Ltd and NetGalley.)

This was an okay short fantasy story, which I’m guessing is aimed at the younger end of a young adult audience.

Sammy was an alright character, although he didn’t always do the right thing. He came across as maybe 12 years old? Not really sure what his actual age was. Sammy was a little hot-headed at times though, and I wasn’t always sure what he was going on about
Ayah Assem
My Review:

You can also view it here on my blog :

I received Footprints from Troubador Publishing LTD via Netgalley in exchange with an honest review .

This was magical middle grade read, where we observe Sammy's story with encountering a old magical book .

The book seems to hold onto all kind of secrets and knowledge about the world and in the wrong hands, the consequences might be lethal.

Sammy's life literally changes once he finds this old book, which is
A. Morgan
Sep 28, 2014 A. Morgan rated it it was amazing
This is a well written story which should appeal to fans of Alan Garner's books. The mystery builds gradually from the everyday reality of the main characters lives. The 1950s setting is well observed and the author is good at giving a sense of place particularly when describing the mountains. The dialogue is excellent and contributes greatly to the well rounded characters of the two boys.
Sammy is struggling with grief at his father's death and with the dawning of adolescence and all its confus
Monica Cox
Monica Cox rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2016
Vilde
Vilde marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Ali (Ali's Bookshelf )
Ali (Ali's Bookshelf ) marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Naiu Herondale
Naiu Herondale marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
Palesa Leseka
Palesa Leseka marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2016
Marion Langford
Marion Langford marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2016