Start by marking “Danza's Message (Pumpkinheads)” as Want to Read:
Danza's Message (Pumpkinheads)

Danza's Message (Pumpkinheads)

it was amazing 5.0  ·  Rating Details ·  6 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Playing and dancing, you're a star! Listen to Danza: Beautiful is what you are!
Danza and her friends are silly and sweet. Playing before the mirror, they are reminded of just how special they are. Parents and children alike can relate to this valuable book about self-esteem and love of self.

"Bright and sunny characters, expressive faces, and attractive art catches the yo
Published June 17th 2014 by Nina Charles LLC. (first published May 15th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Danza's Message, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Danza's Message

Autumn
Jan 19, 2015 Autumn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

We received this book to give an honest review.
K didn't like this book as it was a "girl" book. And I guess I need to start remembering that. This is a book that I will read to my daughter instead.
So this review will be based on what I think rather than what K thinks because he wasn't listening.

This is a great book for young kids. You have three young girls who look in the mirror and see how beautiful they are. They pretend on what it would be like to be a mermaid and ladybug among other things
Cheryl Malandrinos
In this short and sweet book, girls are reminded of the importance of appreciating who you are inside and out. This rhyming story is fun and whimsical, but it holds one of the greatest lessons that can be imparted on a child. Artists Matthew Wilson and Tara Louise Campbell use vibrant colors to bring Kilpatrick’s story to life. The size of the book and the glossy, stiff paper will make the book stand out on the bookshelf. It won’t remind on the shelf long, though, because your child will want to ...more
Vicki
Feb 26, 2015 Vicki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book I’ve read from this series and I loved it as much as the first one. In this story, Danza and her friends look in the mirror and each one find something that they love about themselves. The book teaches self esteem and that you are beautiful. It may be you have beautiful eyes, or nose, or smile, but you special and beautiful.

The girls are from diverse ethnic backgrounds and I loved that aspect. The illustrations are colorful and bold and the story flows easily. I think thi
Kirstin Pulioff
Jan 19, 2015 Kirstin Pulioff rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens, reviewed
I LOVE this book. It's meant for a child, but as a parent, it resonated deeply. This is exactly the type of book I want my child to absorb. Self esteem can be a difficult topic to address and this book tackles it perfectly. I love that Danza's message shares this important message from an early age with rhymes and colorful illustrations.

This is perfect as a baby shower gift, birthday gift or just an addition to your child's library. A must buy!
Mrs Mommy Booknerd http://mrsmommybooknerd.blogspot.com

I love books that sends messages to children that are both inspiring and uplifting. Danza's Message is a book about loving what you see in the mirror, about positive affirmations and about having fun living in the skin your in. With the rhyming prose, it is a delight to read and to hear read aloud!
5 stars
Lorna Meldoni
Lorna Meldoni rated it it was amazing
Nov 10, 2014
Betty Macy
Betty Macy marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Tamela Sutler
Tamela Sutler marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Marnie Eichele
Marnie Eichele marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Lynda
Lynda marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
Jennyanne ORIENTE
Jennyanne ORIENTE marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Patricia Ange
Patricia Ange marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Kate Field
Kate Field marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2015
Stacey
Stacey added it
Dec 04, 2015
Jessica Salaam
Jessica Salaam marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2016