Start by marking “The Shadow of Death - Book 1 (The Shadow of Death Serial (Amish Faith Through Fire))” as Want to Read:

The Shadow of Death - Book 1 (The Shadow of Death Serial (The Shadow of Death Kindle Unlimited #1)

BOOK 1 -- MUST READ FOR LOVERS OF AMISH ROMANCE! When a tragic loss strikes at the heart of seventeen-year-old Katie Lapp's home, will she find the strength to save her family? Or will depression, rage and loss of faith lead Katie's mamm to make a final, horrifying mistake?

After seventeen-year-old Katie Lapp's family home is swept away in a flash flood, she believes the

Published August 17th 2014 by Global Grafx Press

Be the first to ask a question about The Shadow of Death - Book 1 (The Shadow of Death Serial

Mary
Oct 23, 2016 Mary rated it did not like it
I wouldn't even cal this a short story, it's definitely Not a book! I would consider it long enough to be a beginning chapter. I'm not willing to waste any more time with this author. What she considers a book would take more than 40 of to get a good story out of them. Annoyed I wasted my time on this
Gail
Oct 09, 2016 Gail rated it liked it
Another too short book. Part 1 of a 3 part series. i just wish the author would publish all parts as 1 book. Story line is compelling but I'm not sure I want to continue this series.
Audrey Knight
Oct 08, 2016 Audrey Knight rated it it was amazing
Very good

Shows how the loss of a child and then the loss of a husband can affect you both emotionally and physically.
Christy
Oct 06, 2015 Christy rated it it was amazing
I enjoy reading books; it's part of who I am - I choose books over TV or movies approx 99% of the time. I chose this book because I enjoy anything that focuses on God, Faith, forgiveness, and healing... As harsh as it may sound, and I mean to not offend those reading this, but a lack of forgiveness or failure to forgive is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person/s to die. In this short book, we learn of an Amish man with a wife and children. He is coming home one night when his ...more
jane Hicken
Apr 08, 2015 jane Hicken rated it it was amazing
Shadows of depression

This book by Ruth Price was an excellent example that ALL or any of us can go through a horrible tragedy and may need psychiatric help, and that's OK. society places still such a huge stigma toward any mental illness, still in today's medically advanced era. Statistics show only about 30% will actually go and pursue getting the necessary help, while sadly, 90 something% could be effectively helped through therapies, )treatments, medicines ' specialists! Such sad, but true st
Janet Swearingen
Jan 29, 2015 Janet Swearingen rated it it was ok
Sad story---sad ending .

One thing I like about amish stories is the reliance on God and His solution for their lives. This story leaves you in the middle of the situation and no hope or solution to the problem at hand. I guess you can sell more books that way, but l felt cheated abruptly enIding the story that way.
Diana Hurt
Mar 31, 2015 Diana Hurt rated it it was ok
Not a favorite.

Was a fast read, but left me with a feeling that I had not finished the story. Now I know in any series you want the reader to be interested enough to read the next book, but finish the current story and make the reader fall in love with the characters enough that they want to read the next adventure.
April Suter
Jan 17, 2015 April Suter rated it it was ok
I really didn't like the writer's style or the storyline or maybe it was because it was VERY short. Katie's father isn't a likeable man, her mother can't deal with her brother's death and then another one in the family AND they are all just getting over losing the house to a flood.
Sami Fox
Jun 19, 2015 Sami Fox rated it it was ok
Very short book.

Takes a bit to get into the book. Then the book ends. Feels like I've read a quarter of a book. To "finish" the book now I'm expected to buy 2 more books. It's basically a free prologue.
Phyllis Stinson
Jul 05, 2016 Phyllis Stinson rated it liked it
Could Have Been Excellent

This was a fantastic Amish book on personal loss of a loved one. I was really getting into it. Loved it! Then it ended without a closing! They think I will buy the next book. Who is to say the next one wouldn't be the same way? Always end your story.
Chris Gue
Jan 11, 2015 Chris Gue rated it it was amazing
Good book

I loved the book a d it's a quick.read. can't wait to read book 3. Can't wait to see how this book ends
Debra
Apr 24, 2015 Debra rated it it was ok
This would have been much better as the first couple of chapters in a full length book, but as a stand-alone book, it was disappointing.
Linda Pence
Nov 10, 2015 Linda Pence rated it it was amazing
Great Read

This book deals so well with the events and feelings of our lives. Thank you for a small glimpse into an emotional time and ways we do or do not deal with them.

Marie Fair
Marie Fair rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2016
Lenora Beaumont
Lenora Beaumont rated it liked it
Feb 08, 2016
Mindy Bollinger
Mindy Bollinger rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2015
Lois Kennedy
Lois Kennedy rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2014
Laura Stillson
Laura Stillson rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2015
Jennifer E.
Jennifer E. rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2015
Joanne
Joanne rated it did not like it
Jan 21, 2015
Donna Johansen
Donna Johansen rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2015
Ashley Chaput
Ashley Chaput rated it really liked it
Nov 19, 2015
patty green
patty green rated it it was amazing
Aug 03, 2016
Nicole G Diolosa
Nicole G Diolosa rated it it was amazing
May 03, 2015
Gerene
Gerene rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2015
Candy Williams
Candy Williams rated it it was amazing
Dec 13, 2015
Teri
Teri rated it really liked it
Dec 04, 2014
patti ball
patti ball rated it it was ok
Jun 01, 2015
heather webster
heather webster rated it really liked it
Jun 12, 2016
Anita Adkins
Anita Adkins rated it liked it
Apr 20, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • An Amish Christmas Wish / The Christmas Prayer
  • Ruth's Dilemma (The Zook Sisters of Lancaster County #1)
  • The Disappearances (Sadie's Montana, #3)
  • Katie Opens Her Heart (Emma Raber's Daughter, #1)
  • Whoopie Pie Secrets (The Whoopie Pie Juggler, #1)
  • A Mother's Secret (Hearts of Lancaster Grand Hotel #2)
  • Love Finds You in Charm, Ohio
  • An Unforgivable Secret (Amish Secrets #1)
  • A Plain Disappearance (Appleseed Creek, #3)
  • The Promise Box (Seven Brides for Seven Bachelors #2)
  • If I Left
  • The Tattered Quilt  (The Half-Stitched Amish Quilting Club, #2)
  • Winter Letters (Amish Snowflakes #1)
  • Love Finds You in Sugarcreek, Ohio
  • Becoming Amish (Amish Neighbor, #1)
  • Amish Faith
  • A Surprise for Lily (The Adventures of Lily Lapp #4)
  • The Amish Widow's Faith