Start by marking “The Ghost of Marlow House (Haunting Danielle, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Ghost of Marlow House (Haunting Danielle, #1)

The Ghost of Marlow House (Haunting Danielle #1)

When Danielle Boatman inherits Marlow House, she dreams of turning it into a seaside bed and breakfast. Since she’s never visited the property, Danielle’s not sure what awaits her in Oregon. She certainly doesn’t expect to find one of the house’s previous owners still in residence. After all, the man has been dead for almost ninety years—shouldn’t he have moved on by now? ...more
Published October 19th 2015 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published August 30th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Ghost of Marlow House, please sign up.

Mary Brown
May 22, 2015 Mary Brown rated it it was amazing
Danielle Boatman has inherited Marlow House from her aunt. With the help of her friend Lily, she plans to turn the old mansion into a bed and breakfast destination. When the two show up at the house, they find it is in disrepair but still looks pretty good for a house that has been unoccupied for ninety years. On their first visit to the house, Danielle finds a surprise waiting for her. The previous owner, Walt Marlow, is still in residence, even though he is dead.

Danielle has been seeing and d
Tam (Mystereity Reviews)
The Ghost Of Marlow House The actual title of the book is The Ghost Of Marlow House, which is Book 1 of the Haunting Danielle series. I don't know why the name of the series gets the biggest font on the cover, unless the author wants to discourage people from reviewing it, since it was a little difficult to find at first.

Just an okay book. I liked the plot (actually 2 plots, solving the death of The Ghost Of Marlow House and solving the lost necklace mystery.) Both were great, lots of twists and
Kathy
May 03, 2015 Kathy rated it it was amazing
Great book!

I found this book while looking on Amazon. It sounded intriguing and like something I would like. I enjoyed the setting. It's is an old house that was inherited recently. The house is to be turned into a Bed and Breakfast. Being an old house, it includes a ghost! I'm currently reading book two and enjoying it.
Amy krueger
Feb 13, 2016 Amy krueger rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

I loved this book I read it in two days could not put it down I'm going to recommend this book to everyone I know who love the supernatural books can't wait to start the other books
Stacey Wright Aumock
Oct 28, 2015 Stacey Wright Aumock rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2105
What a great book! I wanted a good ghost story because Halloween is coming up. While this book isn't a typical scary ghost story, it was a lot of fun and was quite enjoyable. I'm rather surprised I liked it as much as i did, but I'm looking forward to finishing this 6 part series
April
Oct 24, 2016 April rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable book. I absolutely adore the ghost Walt!! Some of the minor characters didn't seem necessary. The author could have left them out and the book still would be just as fabulous.
I liked how they touched very slightly on history, which I love reading about history.
I liked the ending, it is certainly different than the usual mysteries I have read!!
Anne
Nov 25, 2016 Anne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. The characters were well developed the writing was easy to read but not overly simplistic. I loved Walt. There are 10 books in this series. I look forward to reading them all.
KIM
Nov 24, 2016 KIM rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just kinda boring.

I can read almost any kind of book as long as I like the characters, and although I didn't dislike them I found them boring.
Janette Farrelly
Oct 19, 2016 Janette Farrelly rated it really liked it
This was a great fun book, easy to read but still kept my interest in every chapter, loved the characters and story, had a great mystery angle, will definitely be reading more of the series,
Sandi Blaylock
Nov 03, 2016 Sandi Blaylock rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A gift

This book was a gift to me from my dear friend Anne. I loved it. I loved the mystery and her trying to solve his death. I love Walt. Now I'll have to spend a small fortune because there are 10 more books? Close anyway.
Kathy
Oct 09, 2016 Kathy rated it really liked it
Shelves: holiday
Every once in a while I find a treasure of a book at a bargain price. This was one of those books. I will have to fit the sequel into my books to be read.
Carlissa
I enjoyed this light-hearted ghost story.
Elizabeth Emmite
Oct 09, 2016 Elizabeth Emmite rated it it was amazing
I'm so glad I found this series! I loved the characters,especially the ghost,Walt. I want to read all the books!
Gnomepartay
Oct 05, 2016 Gnomepartay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: escapism
This book was not what I expected. I was looking for a scary ghost story and ended up with a Casper type "can I keep you" scenario. That being said I loved this book. It was perfectly lighthearted with likable characters. The main character was down to earth and reasonable despite her situation and the interaction between her and Walt were wonderful. Really enjoyed this lighthearted read.
Connie West Frey
Haunting Danielle

This is a pretty good book ! I liked the characters and am looking forward to reading the second one
Suzi Willis
Sep 26, 2016 Suzi Willis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A darn good book!

I chose five stars because there was NOTHING I could say against this book. The story was different from what I'm used to reading, but it grabbed my interest right away. I plan on reading more Haunting Danielle books soon. I want to know what else happens in the life of the young lady that sees spiri
Danielle Scuderi
Oct 02, 2016 Danielle Scuderi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2016
Loved every moment!

I can't wait to start next book! This was entertaining through and through. A little bit of spooky, mysterious, and entertaining. I generally "laughed out loud" more than I would normally. Truly an enjoyable read for me. On to book #2.
Elizabeth Witt
Sep 20, 2016 Elizabeth Witt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
IntedNew series for me.

I just started this series. I was not disappointed. Well written, good solid mystery. Characters you wanted to get involved with. The fact that Danielle can talk to ghosts was just added fun. Can't wait to start book two.
Carlin
Sep 14, 2016 Carlin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: on-kindle
Fun, cozy paranormal mystery the 1st of an at least 10 book mystery series. I liked how it set up the premise of the protagonist, Danielle, inheriting an old house on Oregon's coast that she decides to turn into a B&B. She quickly learns the original owner, dead for 90 years, is haunting the house. He wants Danielle to prove he didn't commit suicide, so she sets out to solve this very cold case of homicide.
Beverly
Sep 24, 2015 Beverly rated it really liked it
One of the best books I've read this year! Absolutely loved it! Girl inherits great aunt's house, which hasn't been lived in for almost 90 years, but has been kept up by a housekeeper so it is move in ready except for updating the electrical and plumbing and getting the yard back under control. There's a dashing male ghost which the heiress can see and communicate with. There's the mystery of how the ghostly gentleman passed. He swears he didn't commit suicide and the mystery of the missing ...more
Cathy
Sep 14, 2016 Cathy rated it did not like it
Kristen
Nov 29, 2015 Kristen rated it it was amazing
Honestly, this series is one of my favorite ghost series. Danielle moves into a house that used to be owned by her aunt without knowing there's a ghost there. With her gift of sight, she can see ghosts like Walt Marlow who died in that very house less than a hundred years ago. She turns the house into a bed and breakfast house over his objections since he feels like it's still his house.

Danielle also somehow comes with a trouble magnet. She keeps ending up in trouble, being framed for murder or
Leta Hawk
Mar 11, 2016 Leta Hawk rated it it was amazing
Danielle Boatman inherits a house by the sea that she intends to turn into a B & B. However, when she and her friend Lily arrive to ready the house for opening, she discovers that Walt Marlow--who has been dead for ninety years--is still in residence, and doesn't realize he is no longer among the living. Before Walt can move on, Danielle has to help him prove that he did not commit suicide, but was in fact murdered. As she investigates the mystery surrounding his death, she discovers that ...more
Jye Reason
May 21, 2016 Jye Reason rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book! There are times when reading a book like this and I have no idea what to expect, there are others when I know exactly what to expect. This was one of those books where I just did not know what was coming. It is full of cliches and over used plot lines, but manages to make them feel brand new and never seen before!

There are obvious future relationships that are being set up in this book. I am interested to see where the author takes them.

Only fault I can find is in the main charac
Msgypsy
Feb 26, 2016 Msgypsy rated it it was amazing
This wss an enjoyable read and I look forward to reading more in the series. The protagonist is believable and the supporting characters fit well into her story. I found myself caring about them all.

One small complaint. I'm not sure Ms Johnson realized she did this but...she gave the police officer a distinct name from an unrelated - that I know of - very popular murder mystery series. It bothered me briefly and I hope the author of the other series (*cough* Janet Evanovich *cough*) doesn't obje
Sue Ross
Oct 06, 2015 Sue Ross rated it it was amazing
I love a good ghost story and this one is right up there at the top.
Danielle has inherited her great aunt, by marriage, estate. Not only that, but the ghost of the man who was presumed to have committed suicide in the house back in the 20’s. The only way to get him to cross over is to prove that he was murdered and by whom. What Danielle digs up is shocking and sad. But you will have to read the book to find out why.
This is going to be one of my favorite ghost story series, I believe and I wil
Leslie
Oct 10, 2014 Leslie rated it it was amazing
This was an interesting discovery through Kindle Unlimited. Danielle inherits an old house and it's resident ghost. Is Walt's ghost hanging around because he committed suicide or because he was murdered. Will Danielle's plans to turn the house into a B&B be hindered or helped by a ghost. Interesting & different this was a fun book with a brief glance at the Roaring Twenties and comparisons with current times. Stolen jewels, mystery, & maybe more than one ghost - very interesting ...more
Leslie Cook
Feb 19, 2015 Leslie Cook rated it it was amazing
A great read.

I sometimes pick a book based on its cover, and this was one of those. It seemed like it would be light fare, and it was. But it was a ton of fun as well. The mystery was interesting, the characters likeable, the denouement satisfying. I liked the chemistry between Danielle and Walt, and although some of the other characters can be a little annoying, they didn't ruin the book. I am actually looking forward to reading the next book in the series.
LaJuana
Aug 11, 2015 LaJuana rated it it was amazing
Good story

I wish I could rate books without having to do a review I hate to do reviews, but that said I thought this was a great book good story good little mystery good little bit of history. I'm no literary expert so I don't go to in-depth reviews like a lot of people do I like the book enough said.
Nadine
Jun 02, 2016 Nadine rated it it was amazing
Well looks like I'm hooked on another great series!!! I loved the characters...especially Walt and glad to see he is sticking around for a while. A little predictable but I can over look that ...I love how the story wrapped around everything....hoping to learn more about his past. Happy Reading :)
  • Another One Bites the Dust (Jensen Murphy, Ghost For Hire, #2)
  • Not Quite Dead (Lowcountry Mysteries, #1)
  • Halloween Murder (Lindy Haggerty, #4)
  • Supernatural Born Killers (Pepper Martin #9)
  • Feast of Murder (Gregor Demarkian, #6)
  • Halloween in Paradise (Tj Jensen Paradise Lake Mysteries Book 6)
  • Angel Interrupted
  • A Ghostly Demise (Ghostly Southern Mysteries #3)
  • Mystic Mayhem (Mystic Isle Mysteries Book 1)
  • Against a Brightening Sky (Delia Martin, #3)
  • The Spirit Keepers
  • Down and Out in Beverly Heels
  • 3 Gates of the Dead
  • Town in a Pumpkin Bash  (A Candy Holliday Mystery, #4)
  • The Siege (Haunted Series Book 13)
  • Trick or Treachery (Murder, She Wrote, #14)
  • Broken Promises (Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mystery #8)
  • The Legend of Sleepy Harlow (League of Literary Ladies #3)

Haunting Danielle (9 books)
  • The Ghost Who Loved Diamonds (Haunting Danielle, #2)
  • The Ghost Who Wasn't (Haunting Danielle, #3)
  • The Ghost Who Wanted Revenge (Haunting Danielle, #4)
  • The Ghost of Halloween Past (Haunting Danielle #5)
  • The Ghost Who Came for Christmas (Haunting Danielle #6)
  • The Ghost of Valentine Past (Haunting Danielle #7)
  • The Ghost from the Sea (Haunting Danielle #8)
  • The Ghost and the Mystery Writer (Haunting Danielle #9)

“wasn’t Lily; it was Craig Simmons, the landscaper. Holding a sweat-stained baseball cap in his hand, the fortyish-something sandy-haired man stood on the front porch, still wearing his work boots, faded jeans and stained T-shirt. “Hello, Ms. Boatman, I just got back from lunch, noticed your car in the back drive and wondered if you had a chance to look through your house. I wanted to make sure everything is all right.” “Yes, we went through the house, and nothing seems to be missing.” That wasn’t entirely true. She had only been to the library and kitchen, but according to Walt, Adam and Bill left empty” 0 likes
“shut” 0 likes