Start by marking “The Contract” as Want to Read:

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  92 ratings  ·  20 reviews
When by-the-book economist Lane Daviss first sexual encounter convinces her she doesnt have what it takes to impress in bed, she does the most logical thing: she hires an expert to give her private lessons and get her out of the bottom percentile.

Adam Quinn has his own agenda. His sister—one of Lanes best friends—wants him to be just awful enough to convince Lane to give u
ebook
Published September 2014 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about The Contract, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Contract

Lee
This is a fun romance that won’t stretch your brain cells too much, and I’m not saying that’s a bad thing because sometimes that’s exactly what you need in a book, a little bit of light escapism.

The contract, as mentioned in the title, is for the hero to teach our heroine how to be good in bed. Therefore, to be honest, the whole book is basically one sex scene after another. All the sex scenes are well written, consensual, and sometimes humorous, so again, I’m not saying this is necessarily a ba
Sandra R
I really enjoyed this book - well written and very sexy and romantic as well. I've bought all this author's e-books and am working my way through them.
Monica Cullip
The Contract

The story was hilarious, I laughed all through it. I enjoyed it immensely.

Lane Davis has never had time for a serious romance before and the one time she managed to make time it did not turn out well. It was very bad as the male in question told everyone how bad it really was. I mean come on, seriously, it takes two. That guy really needed a smack upside his head. Now Lane has her eye on someone new but her confidence really needs some work. She comes up with what she thinks is a b
Fictional BookHos
Lane hasn't been able to have a serious relationship, her last sexual encounter didn't go well or end well, the man she was involved with told everyone how bad the sex had been, this dented Lane's confidence, so now she has her eye on someone she thinks she needs help in the bedroom department, so she comes up with a master plan to hire someone to help her.

This is where we meet Adam, Adam is the brother of Lane's best friend, he was supposed to put Lane off the idea but finds himself drawn to he
Michelle Johnston
This is a fun and sexy romance story of Lane a 23 year old redhead who is unlucky in love and inexperienced in the bedroom and seeks the services of a man to teach her the art of seduction. Lane signs up her best friend's brother Adam to be her teacher. Then the fun begins!

This story starts similar to Fifty Shades Of Grey in regards to signing a contract for sex, but that's where the similarities end between these 2 books. This book was really entertaining, funny and well written.

Lane and Adam
Ipshita Ranjana
In The Contract by Avril Tremayne, Lane Davis hires an expert to give her private lessons on how to impress in bed after her first sexual encounter convinces her that she needs help in the bedroom department.
TConLane’s best friend is not convinced by her crazy scheme and wants her to drop it. She takes the help of her brother, Adam to play the role of an “expert” and be awful enough to convince Lane to give up on her crazy scheme. But once Adam meets Lane, he is not ready to reject her so early.
Joy
I enjoyed this book from start to finish, but often became frustrated with the characters not sharing their feelings with each other... which was exactly the reaction the writer wanted to evoke. I was engaged in the story. I loved the strong hero qualities of Adam, and his sensitive side., and the fact that this started off being a desire to stop Laine from continuing down the path of hiring a man to teach her in the ways of lovemaking. Then when there was no turning back, something changed, and ...more
Luisa
Fun book about a nerdy, gawky woman who has no idea about having a fling and an experienced man. Lane contracted Adam to teach her about being a sexy woman and seducing a man. He was convinced to help her because his sister is best friends with Lane. At first he found Lane to be cold and frigid. She was the opposite of his type of woman, tall, lanky and clumsy. However, the insecurity that comes through her dealings with him start to interest him, and make him strangely protective.

The book is a
Ginny
What can I say? I liked Adam and Lane's chemistry a lot. Good chemistry can make or break a book.

What I didn't like:
Each one's ignorance of the other's feelings was frustrating to the end. And there was an icky, thin line between their agreement and prostitution. (But she's paying him for LESSONS and he doesn't really NEED the money. Hmmmm.)

What I did like:
It was a very quick, easy read. I thought they were hot together. And there were some really sweet scenes. The frustrating bits didn't trip
Helen
I really enjoyed this story it had me laughing when Lane decides after a bad experience with her first sexual encounter that she needs a teacher to teach her how to, after she decides that she would like to get involved with a guy from work her friend Sarah helps her with the perfect male Sarah's brother Adam who Sarah is convinced that he will not go through with the teaching and also that he is has a commitment phobia and he can be trusted but of course neither plan for what happens in their t ...more
Norlin Mustapha
* I was given a free copy from Netgalley. All comments are my own.

This was actually a pretty nice read. The story centres around Lane, who is trying to get rid of her reputation of being cold in bed. Being a perfectionist and control freak, she draws up a contract and "hires" Adam, a brother of one of her close friends, to teach her the ropes. Her aim? To be able to snag a guy she's been eyeing at her office.

Adam is well-known for being a "no strings attached" type of guy. Perfect for the miss
Jennifer Yaggi
Loved this book! Lane decides that in order to win the attention of a man in her office, she needs to learn how to be a good lover. So, she pragmatically decides to hire her friend's brother to teach her how to seduce a man. Adam is resistant to signing the contract, but when he sees her determination to take this course of action, he signs on the dotted line thinking he will be protecting her from another man who would take advantage of her. Of course, he can't hold back from temptation for too ...more
Chrissy
Jun 01, 2015 Chrissy rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Mills and Boons fans
Took me just a few hours to read this book, I was so addicted. The heroine is very relatable and I could not help but fall in love with Adam instantly. If you like the alpha male falls in love unexpectedly scenario and love steamy intense scenes, then this book is for you. A must read.
Lisa Fallon
I was really looking forward to reading this thought ah a feel good romance I will enjoy but I was disappointed. I didn't click with the main characters and felt the last 50% was them pining for each other but not saying so and constantly getting their wires crossed.
will probably remember this but not for the right reasons
Amber Lindley
This book had a sizzling romance at its centre and the brilliant chemistry between Lane and Adam kept me hooked to the very end. It's sexy, fun and ultimately a great romantic read with a clever starting premise of Lane hiring Adam as a teacher.
Tet
I enjoyed each and every page of this book.
RitaSkeeter
This is well-written book in that it flows well, the dialogue is believable, and the characters sympathetic. It fell down for me with how focused the book was on the main character learning to be attractive to men, with limited focus on on her innate worth. That's completely my failing given it is apparent from the blurb what the book's focus is. However, given this author writes well, I had hoped she might include some thematic development.
Andre'
It was good, I got into so much that when I got to the end I didn't want to finish it. I also found myself getting both frustrated and excited with the characters.
Lisa Palmer
Such an enjoyable story with great characters. I couldn't put it down. Read it, and everything by this author. Lots of fun, but also touching.
kanan budhiraja
kanan budhiraja is currently reading it
Aug 03, 2015
Cazzychaps
Cazzychaps marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Abby
Abby marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2015
Nawal Mumin
Nawal Mumin marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Avril Tremayne took the scenic route to becoming a writer, having tried her hand at shoe selling, nursing, teaching and public relations. Along the way, she also studied acting, singing, pottery, oil painting, millinery, German and Arabic - with very mixed results. She figures it's a perfect background for telling romantic stories. She is a committed urbanite, and lives in Sydney, Australia, where ...more
More about Avril Tremayne...
Turning the Good Girl Bad Here Comes The Bridesmaid From Fling to Forever Wanting Mr Wrong The Millionaire's Proposition