Start by marking “Trawler Trash: Confessions of a Boat Bum” as Want to Read:
Trawler Trash: Confessions of a Boat Bum

Trawler Trash: Confessions of a Boat Bum

Be introduced to a new anti-hero. Meade Breeze lives on the far outskirts of society with no visible means of support. He survives on his wits and a meager income derived from selling home-grown dope to suburban housewives and home-brewed rum to bums in the park.
He’s also on the run from his past misdeeds. He fears it will all catch up with him someday, so he stays on th
Published August 20th 2014 by Leap of Faith Publications (first published August 18th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Trawler Trash, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trawler Trash

Wayne Stinnett
Oct 21, 2014 Wayne Stinnett rated it it was amazing
He had me at Trawler Trash. When I dove into this book, I didn't know what to expect. Within minutes, Robinson ignited memories of places I'd nearly forgotten about. I love reading books about places I know, written by an author that's been there and done that. I've no doubt Robinson and I crossed wakes more than once and probably bumped elbows at Dockside once or twice.

Trawler Trash is a first rate novel about living, no make that surviving life afloat as told by someone who has done it. Full o
Laurie Hanan
Feb 01, 2015 Laurie Hanan rated it it was amazing
I agree with other reviewers, the title does not do the book justice. This is an artfully told story about a man whose world has come crashing down around him. His loss and despair are palpable. As a wannabe sailor, I relished ever word about his travels to and through the Caribbean and everything he did along the way. The storms in the open ocean were described so vividly, my heart literally pounded. But beyond all that, this is a story about love and almost-love, told so poignantly the raw ...more
Jon Thibodeau
Nov 28, 2014 Jon Thibodeau rated it liked it
I lived in FL (Bradenton) for a while and did a lot of sailing, so I enjoyed this book. Accurate depictions of real places and procedures while boating which is rare for some reason in the literary world. It does seem to just start and end abruptly, but it has to start and end somewhere, I suppose. Quick read, I was interested in the main character and hope to read more about his (mis)adventures. It reminds me of a Carl Hiaasen or Tim Dorsey treatment, but more realistic.
Stuart
Oct 23, 2014 Stuart rated it liked it
Great little book! I liked the story and I liked the characters-well told and engaging. Several times I found myself craving rum, cheeseburgers, and Jim Morris tunes.
Jaclynn Van Omen
Jan 18, 2015 Jaclynn Van Omen rated it it was amazing
Stirrs forgotten memories

Wonderfully written. Kept my attention and I love how the author told stories about BVI and the Florida Keys. Love it.
Allyn
Jan 07, 2015 Allyn rated it it was amazing
The best fiction book I read all year. I would recommend this book for anyone who enjoys a good story set around boats and the water.
connie pickett
Mar 09, 2015 connie pickett rated it liked it
Shades of "IndecentSea"

This book is a quick enjoyable read. As a licensed caption who worked in pine island sound, San Carlos bay, etc. It was fun to read about places you know. In that same vein, I have taken my 27 ft. Sailboat from the keys to south America and back and spent 5 years cruising the u.S. and British virgin island. The geography was a little mixed up there but it is still fun visiting those haunts again. Totally identified with mother ocean putting you in your humble place (hence
Douglas Boren
Apr 03, 2015 Douglas Boren rated it liked it
Not bad. A story of a broken man who finds redemption only to lose again. Didn't like the ending all that much, but that's what the author wanted, so he has that right. I would have liked for the protagonist to not lose again.

Anyway, its a good book and those who like nautical adventures will like it.
Roger S Bock
May 12, 2015 Roger S Bock rated it it was amazing
Adventures of a lucky boat bum

This was great story of a resourceful guy who had a great time on his boat and keeping just one step in front of the law and making his own rum and pot,mostly to fund his adventures.
Darrin S. Hoover
Sep 29, 2015 Darrin S. Hoover rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed the book very well done.

After throwing the satellite dish off the roof and telling dish network to kiss my ass I enjoy a good quick read this book was really entertaining I enjoyed it thanks.
Bob
Aug 30, 2015 Bob rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
Enjoyable Oddball Caribbean Read

I enjoyed this oddball Caribbean cruising book, though it starts rough with it's main character quite sketchy, but redeemed itself as it settled down to the story.
Christie Brown
Jun 08, 2015 Christie Brown rated it really liked it
Out to Sea

Good story, kept my interest. Not as much humour as his non-fiction. Going to start his next book shortly. Hope it is a bit lighter.
DOUG STEPHENSON
Nov 30, 2015 DOUG STEPHENSON rated it it was amazing
Awesome read, never stop dreaming.

Really captivating, really looking forward to my days of becoming a boat bum and all the adventures except for having a little more cash on hand
Sandra L. Harris
Oct 22, 2015 Sandra L. Harris rated it it was amazing
Pretty accurate

Been there done that lived on a 40ft trawler in the virgin islands for 20years great revisit to islands now on west coast fl near boca
Teri
Apr 02, 2015 Teri rated it liked it
Quick read, but rather depressing. Enjoyed the parts about traveling in a trawler. Will read the next book in the series.
Emily
Sep 06, 2014 Emily rated it liked it
Good quick read

I wasn't blown away by the writing but the story line is interesting enough. This is a good book for the beach or a rainy day.
JD
JD rated it it was amazing
Apr 19, 2016
Linda Cronin
Linda Cronin rated it it was amazing
Jun 05, 2016
Debbie Finch
Debbie Finch rated it it was amazing
Oct 20, 2016
Jeff Maxwell
Jeff Maxwell rated it really liked it
Nov 18, 2015
robert day
robert day rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2016
kerry king
kerry king rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2015
John
John rated it really liked it
Apr 14, 2015
deb
deb rated it really liked it
Mar 03, 2016
Gregg B. Corbitt
Gregg B. Corbitt rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2015
Patricia W. Motley
Patricia W. Motley rated it liked it
Jun 30, 2016
Gail Coleman
Gail Coleman rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2016
Michael Stueve
Michael Stueve rated it really liked it
May 25, 2016
James Saunders
James Saunders rated it it was amazing
Nov 26, 2015
Beth Pease
Beth Pease rated it it was ok
May 26, 2016
Goodreads Librari...: Another book to add to author 3 26 Sep 19, 2014 04:33AM
  • 21 Months, 24 Days: A blue-collar kid's journey to the Vietnam War and back
  • Bones in the Wash: Politics is Tough. Family is Tougher.
  • Rebel Private: Front and Rear
  • The Benghazi Hoax
  • Bluewater Killer
  • Hit the Road Jack: 5 Novellas (The Hunt for Jack Reacher, #1-5)
  • Seven Seas Mysteries Boxed Set
  • The 1910 Slocum Massacre: An Act of Genocide in East Texas
  • The Height of Secrecy
  • The Olive Picker: A Memoir
  • The Little Blue Book: The Essential Guide to Thinking and Talking Democratic
  • Line of Control: A Thriller on the Coming War in Asia
  • Blood Makes the Grass Grow Green: A Year in the Desert with Team America
  • The Execution Channel: A Political Fable
  • Rigged for Murder (Windjammer Mystery Series - Book 1)
  • The Man Who Never Died: The Life, Times, and Legacy of Joe Hill, American Labor Icon
  • The Heavens are Empty: Discovering the Lost Town of Trochenbrod