Start by marking “On The Run (The Moriya Chronicles: Book 1)” as Want to Read:
On The Run (The Moriya Chronicles: Book 1)

On The Run (The Moriya Chronicles: Book 1)

Isn’t it amazing how in a mere split second, the very essence of who you are can change forever? That in just an instant your entire life can be ripped to shreds?

One night, three years ago, my mother was torn from us. Gone, without a trace. And just like that, nothing was ever the same.

Thrust into a world of darkness and danger, my father and I were forced to flee a past
Published August 29th 14

To ask other readers questions about On The Run, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On The Run

Kirsty (Amethyst Bookwyrm)
This and my other reviews can be found at Amethyst Bookwyrm

Thanks to I-Lanaa Twine for giving me this book to review.

3 years ago Jade’s mother disappeared and left a message which changed her and her father’s life forever. Now Jade and her dad have been moving around the country, never staying in one place for long, looking for clues about her mother. However, everything changes for Jade when she meets Derrick and she realises that all she wants is a normal life. But her secrets cannot remain hi
Arie Farnam
Oct 10, 2014 Arie Farnam rated it it was amazing
I give this book five stars based on a fast-moving plot, an interesting premise, a well-developed fantasy world and first and foremost distinctive voice, which is my personal the gold-standard. This book has distinctive voice with a bit of southern culture, a large serving of realistic teenage alienation and the occasional sparkling bit of delicious description or humor. The prose is well-crafted and edited. There is great potential here.

The main character is a teenage girl who probably looks l
Deidre Huesmann
Sep 06, 2014 Deidre Huesmann rated it liked it
Book One of the Moriya Chronicles, "On the Run," is an interesting bit of YA fantasy. Please note there are SPOILERS throughout this review, though I'll try to keep them minimal.

Before I get to the good, I'd like to list some of the problems with this story. For starters, it commits one of the biggest no-nos of literature; switching from third to first person. The prologue is told from Meiying's viewpoint, all third person, and in the first chapter jumps jarringly into the first person with our
John Hennessy
May 03, 2015 John Hennessy rated it it was amazing
I love any book that starts with an extended prologue. It tells us, without showing us too much - where the story might go. On The Run completely changed my view of prologues - truly it revealed itself to be far deeper than I thought. I ended up re-reading the prologue several times!

When the story begins in earnest we are introduced to Delilah Simpson (super-cool name alert!) and she is being left to school by her father. Clearly there's a lot of growing pains to go through and the author expert
Jackie G Mills
Nov 28, 2014 Jackie G Mills rated it it was amazing
On the run by Ilanaa Twine is a wonderfully imaginative story that kept my interest right up to the end, and had me wishing the second book in the series was already available. It stars Jade, a young girl constantly on the run from horrific creatures who threaten her very existence. To avoid certain death she moves from town to town with her father while they search for a mysterious person known to us only as Davrius.

What I liked about the book-
I loved all the interesting and complicated charact
Whitney (Shooting Stars Reviews)
Reviewed by Whitney@Shooting Stars Reviews

On The Run begins with us getting to see what happened with Jade's mother. Then three years later Jade and her father are out looking for her. But Jade has been living this way for so long she longs for normal, and when a certain boy catches her eye and won't leave her alone it opens a can of worms for Jade and everyone else involved with her. Jade will have to decide what's really what's going on, and what she's actually running from.

This book was way
Tami
Oct 23, 2014 Tami rated it liked it
I was given this copy in exchange for a fair and honest review. This is my review of On The Run by I-Lanaa Twine. This is a young adult novel with a paranormal or fantasy twist to it. The action REALLY sets in, in the second half of the book. I liked the book.
Charlotte Jain
Sep 19, 2014 Charlotte Jain rated it really liked it
A coming of age story about a girl searching for her mother. In the middle of a gryphon (half lion, half eagle) war. Nice backdrop.

Twine’s writing style is flowing and easy to follow. Dialogue throughout is believable, and the character’s are very easy to relate to. Most characters are also given a solid level of depth within a richly created, fresh world. I wasn’t entirely convinced by Derrick’s sudden interest in Jade but, after accepting their connection at face value and moving on, was plea
Ryan Alls
Sep 24, 2014 Ryan Alls rated it really liked it
As a huge fan of fantasy and adventure novels, I was able to appreciate the original creativity and imagination of the author, even though the novel felt more like a science fiction/adventure novel. The novel is highly descriptive, which I personally enjoyed, because it painted a clear picture of what I was reading.

The story’s plot, which is a struggle for survival and a search for Jade’s mom, kept me flipping page after page. The characters were well written and relatable. It was slightly conf
Joanne Thompson
Sep 20, 2014 Joanne Thompson rated it really liked it
On The Run: The Moriya Chronicles: Book 1 is a YA fantasy/adventure/romance-type read. It doesn't quite fit into just one type of genre. Overall this is a good read. Twine does an excellent job of setting the scene and putting the reader right into the situation. Unfortunately, there are several places throughout the book where the descriptions are too much and become a distraction to the reader. I found myself skimming pages and almost becoming bored at certain chapters. For the most part, all ...more
Kelly Smith Reviews
Oct 23, 2014 Kelly Smith Reviews rated it it was amazing
Jade is a typical teenage girl on the outside. Quiet. Smart. Pretty. But she's got deep secrets. Her mother, Meiying, was either killed or taken by an alien from a faraway planet, but the alien gave Meiying special information to give to someone before he died.
Now, Jade and her father, Keith, are on a mission to find her mother or the alien and get their lives back to normal. But evil aliens are tracking them all over America, and everyone they come in contact with are in danger.

On The Run, the
April
Sep 16, 2014 April rated it it was amazing
I-Lanaa Twine is a new author to me. I live to read YA novels. This was an a wonderful read it was full of action and emotion. The main character is Jade she is a strong personality.It starts with her mother finding a creature from another planet or dimension. Her mother disappears and she leaves information for Jade and her father to take a message to another alien and go through a portal to give the object a necklace called the Star to the alien. Jade and her father are on the run trying to ...more
S.R. Gibbs
May 05, 2015 S.R. Gibbs rated it it was amazing
This book has everything I love in a YA read. It had action, adventure, and a little romance thrown in. I would highly reccomend this book to anyone who loves suspenseful books with a awesome named main female lead. I cant wait until I can read the next book, and find out what happens next ***no spoilers*** The book is great so get your copy today. Nice work Ms. Twine, continue writing more fabulous adventures.
Lance Morcan
Oct 05, 2014 Lance Morcan rated it really liked it

Creative and original

Emotional. Intriguing. Fast-paced. Poignant. Tense. Romantic. And at times gut-wrenching. This story has it all. A Young Adult adventure fantasy that is guaranteed to please lovers of the genre.

Although overly descriptive in places, the writing style makes for an easy read, the dialogue is authentic and the emotional journey the author generates is both clever and appealing.

Above all it’s creative and original. Recommended reading!
Jola
Dec 30, 2014 Jola rated it really liked it
'On The Run' has action, romance and is full of twists and turns, so any fan of YA fantasy should find in this novel something for themselves.The writing style is interesting, so I'll read book 2 definitely.
Melissa Robles
Nov 29, 2014 Melissa Robles rated it liked it
Okay, this book was a struggle to go through. I had so many issues with the first half, mainly because of the characters. BUT, the second half was so much better on every level. I'm glad I pushed myself to finish it.

*Full review to come soon*
Siina
Dec 08, 2014 Siina rated it liked it
I ended up betaing this book and it was an interesting job. My review is based on the beta version. The plot works out quite nicely and the whole setting is well done too. The whole angels and demons thing worked out nicely and felt fresh compared to many books with the same kind of topic. It was great to notice that the text was fluent and quite easy to read too.

All the characters are their own personas, though there was some instability with them too. The book starts off in a light and soft ma
Lena Belle
May 06, 2015 Lena Belle rated it it was amazing
On the run by I-Lanaa Twine, follows the story of a young girl named Jade, as she fights to cope with her past, and deal with the chaos and lies that have become her life.

On the run is a nail-biting, action packed thrill ride. It will keep you on the edge of your seat, until the very last sentence. This book is suspenseful and the story takes you in directions you would never expect. The author does a wonderful job at developing characters that you can't help but love.

I thoroughly enjoyed this
Ali
Jun 07, 2015 Ali rated it it was ok
Generally I like this sort of book, but for some reason I couldn't get into it. I did end up finishing it and the end leaves you at a point where the story takes a definite different turn.

I think one thing that bothered me the most was the relationship of the father & daughter. I know that they were on the run and could only depend on each other for so many years, but it just seemed like a strange friendship/relationship.
Angie
Sep 03, 2014 Angie added it
Shelves: ebooks, beta-read
ARC received by author in exchange for an honest review.

I was lucky enough to beta this book but will reread the author's final, published version before posting my final verdict.
Tina
Oct 23, 2014 Tina rated it it was amazing
*****Review to come shortly*****
Vivek
Vivek rated it it was amazing
Oct 06, 2014
Jessica McConnell
Jessica McConnell rated it really liked it
Nov 11, 2015
James Morcan
James Morcan rated it it was amazing
Oct 20, 2014
Libertad Araceli
Libertad Araceli marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Marko Maksimovic
Marko Maksimovic marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
Cassandra Larsen
Cassandra Larsen marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
♥Jamie
♥Jamie marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Lanelle Hall
Lanelle Hall marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Shumon Carlisle
Shumon Carlisle is currently reading it
Nov 16, 2014
S.L. Eaves
S.L. Eaves marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Medusa Dracul
Medusa Dracul marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Sara Abdul Sattar
Sara Abdul Sattar marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
Lexus
Lexus marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2015
Casse NaRome
Casse NaRome marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2015
SANDRA RODRIGUEZ
SANDRA RODRIGUEZ marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2015
Mspraise50
Mspraise50 marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2015
Feminista
Feminista marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2015
Mandy
Mandy marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2015
Mandy
Mandy marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2015
Belinda
Belinda marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
I-Lanaa Twine lives in upstate New York with her daughter, Alycia and her dog, Mercedes. She enjoys reading, writing and listening to music. She is a nurse by day and a writer by the wee hours of the night. She often fantasizes about sleeping until twelve and travelling the world. Her goal in life is to laugh every single day, and so far, she has been successful.
Her YA/Fantasy debut, On The Run
More about I-Lanaa Twine...