Start by marking “Jimmy and Karen” as Want to Read:
Jimmy and Karen

Jimmy and Karen

Jimmy and Karen recently hit #1 in the UK YA LGBT Amazon chart! It’s the funny, quirky story of two 16 year old best friends, Jimmy (who is gay) and Karen (who is not). UK readers have fallen in love with Jimmy and Karen and have been intrigued by the story of their entanglement in the peace movement, the spies that are watching them and their search for new friends, new ...more
365 pages
Published March 27th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Jimmy and Karen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jimmy and Karen

Jane
Jun 22, 2015 Jane rated it really liked it
This is a great book for kids who want to laugh at all the awkward stuff they're going through during their early teens. Jimmy is a biracial teen who's out about being gay, and he's friends with Karen, a rather sardonic, punky girl. I liked the mystery element in this book as well as the honest and respectful (and occasionally humorous) treatment of older feminists and their politics. The only reason I rated this less than 5 stars is that I am a bit tired of the whole gay male/straight female ...more
Petra X
The author sent me a friend request and rather than spam me, he quite cleverly (I think he thought so anyway) wrote more or less the same words as on his profile pic. So you don't have to look they are be careful in open-toed shoes. I was unimpressed but decided to look at the Amazon excerpt because you never know. So I didn't finish the book, but I read the entire excerpt. That was quite enough thank you.

You know how when a book has no hook to get you into it and you have to force yourself to r
Kathi
Apr 09, 2016 Kathi rated it liked it
Can the Brits really speak so much differently than Americans? I still dont know what a jumper is! I need an English English/American English dictionary!
The characters are interesting. The pace of the book is a little too slow for me. We don't learn much about teen homosexual relationships. The depiction of Americans as a bunch of warmongers was also disappointing. Were we warmongers when the Brits wanted us to help during WW2?
Not my cup of tea.
Lauren Mccann
Lauren Mccann rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2015
John
John marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Joshua Ian
Joshua Ian marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Carolyn Injoy
Carolyn Injoy marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
Priya
Priya marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Al
Al marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
S. Aksah
S. Aksah marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Fiona
Fiona marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Alstondl
Alstondl marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Oda
Oda marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Sala Bim
Sala Bim marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2015
Lara
Lara marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
Stephen Robertson
Stephen Robertson marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2015
Majorcarter
Majorcarter marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Gerald Sessions
Gerald Sessions marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2015
Aimé
Aimé marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2015
Flotsky
Flotsky marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2015
Jamilie
Jamilie marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2015
Megan Glass
Megan Glass marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
Nicole Gauss
Nicole Gauss marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2016
Phil Patterson
Phil Patterson marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2016
Gwen McGinty
Gwen McGinty marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2016
Gaongalelwe
Gaongalelwe marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2016
UK Amazon Kindle ...: goodreads self serve advertising 8 53 Oct 30, 2014 05:17AM
I was born and live in London. I began writing a few years ago and Jimmy and Karen is my first novel. I have a love of soul music, comedy and gossip concerning people I don't actually know.
More about Philip Andrea...