Start by marking “The Case of the Missing Message (Brains Benton Mystery, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Case of the Missing Message (Brains Benton Mystery, #1)
Preview

The Case of the Missing Message (Brains Benton Mystery #1)

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  50 ratings  ·  5 reviews
The kangaroos have escaped! This secret code message spells trouble for Brains Benton and Jimmy Carson and leads them down a trail that involves a circus clown, a real live performing elephant, a fortune-teller, a tightrope walker, and a very pesky parrot. All clues seem to point toward a secret message which could bring the boys' new friend Skeets Fenton into his proper i ...more
Published 1959 by Western Publishing Company, Inc

To ask other readers questions about The Case of the Missing Message, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Case of the Missing Message

Harini Srinivasan
I loved this book as a kid. Colourful characters and fast-paced story! Wish I could get hold of a copy to see if it is as good as I remember, but it seems to be out of print. Could some publisher please resurrect it?
Jenn
A fun read!!
Johnny Archer
These were my favorite books of all times when I was a boy. I got the Stolen Dummy for Christmas when I was about 14 and read it in one night. Loved this series both by Verral and George Wyatt!
Dave
Not great literature, but wonderful for a summer day. I saw this series compared to The Mad Scientists' Club books, and while they don't seem to be quite that good, they have a similar feel. Plus, this one has an elephant, a trapeze artist, and a secret hidden message.
Mike
The Brains Benton series is for kids. I read all six in the series when I was a young boy. Loved them! It's a mystery series intended for boys. If you have an eight year old boy in your life that likes to read or likes to be read to, I recommend these.
Cathy
Cathy added it
Mar 26, 2015
Grace
Grace marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Tara Calaby
Tara Calaby marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Rick Covert
Rick Covert marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Sean Fornelli
Sean Fornelli marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Robert Boyd
Robert Boyd marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2014
Moy Gomez
Moy Gomez marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »

Brains Benton Mystery (6 books)
  • The Case of the Counterfeit Coin (Brains Benton Mystery #2)
  • The Case Of The Stolen Dummy (Brains Benton Mystery #3)
  • The Case of the Roving Rolls (Brains Benton #4)
  • The Case Of The Waltzing Mouse (Brains Benton #5)
  • The Case Of The Painted Dragon (Brains Benton Mystery #6)
Lassie and Her Day in the Sun Rocket Genius Rin-Tin-Tin and The Outlaw Lassie and the Daring Rescue Casey Stengel, Baseball's Great Manager