And More by Andy Rooney

And More by Andy Rooney

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  119 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Published September 1st 1982 by Scribner, Atheneum

To ask other readers questions about And More by Andy Rooney, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about And More by Andy Rooney

Kaethe
Did you ever notice how, in the old days some stuff was better? And some other stuff wasn't? In the olden days I had to read Andy Rooney for a laugh, uphill, 5 miles, in the snow.
Vaishali
Not as good as his first book, but who could resist? Still great for its time.
Peter
(estimated date)

(was probably OK)

Paperback - gave it away.
Emily
I agree with Andy Rooney.
This collection of essays is almost 30 years old, but Andy is still right on about the state of the world both as it is and as it was. With the exception of Hot Weather (he hates it, I thrive in it), Andy and I are kindred spirits. I guess that makes me a 'curmudgeon,' as I have often heard Rooney referred to. If the wisdom, intelligence, and the courage to say something about it that this book imparts make a curmudgeon, then we should all aspire to the moniker.
Rusty Henrichsen
This is my last book of 2009 and it is a good one. This is a compilation of Rooney's newspaper columns covering 3+ years. If you have seen him on 60 Minutes, you will not be surprised at the wide range of subjects he covers - most of them lightheartedly.

This is another book that I would recommend that everyone read - whether or not you agree with Rooney, he makes a person think about one's own prejudices and deeply ingrained thinking. Let him challenge you.
Romalyn Romajane Abrenio
andy rooney is one of my best writers. he writes naturally. he wrote things that I don't even know are important until i've read them. i love his books very much.
Ray
Jan 17, 2008 Ray rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommended to Ray by: Michael Chimes -- history teacher who gave this to me
Obvious insights. Baffles me how this guy got famous.
Linda
His essays on life.
John
Rated: B-
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2014
Claudio Reali
Claudio Reali marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2014
Valeta
Valeta marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2014
Thurston
Thurston marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Word for Word Few Minutes with Andy Rooney Pieces of my Mind My War Word for Word