Start by marking “Sister Eternal” as Want to Read:
Sister Eternal

Sister Eternal

4.55 of 5 stars 4.55  ·  rating details  ·  113 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Small kindnesses can make a difference that lasts for eternity
Published November 1st 2005 by Deseret Book Company

To ask other readers questions about Sister Eternal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sister Eternal

Kalee
This is such a wonderful book that can teach a wonderful lesson to children! Regardless of the conversion of the family but by teaching children that the things we do and the things we say to others can have a lifetime effect on someone else. It gives a great sense of a very historic part in our lives of World War II and how it effected their family. For LDS members I think it can be a great book to use in teaching children how much of an impact inviting a friend to church can have and how every ...more
Sheng Yang
Not from a Latter-Day Saints point of view, I find the book to be quite precious. It is because the book had a good moral to the story, and what makes it even better is that it is a true story. I felt like I could relate it it in some way, asking myself the question: Has anyone also touch my life the way how this old woman did? The pictures was beautiful, I find that it was so well drawn it fit the words and the pages of the book perfectly. I would recommend this book to anyone, just because to ...more
Kristine
This struck a cord with me in just how simple it can be to change another person's life for good or for bad. The simple act of asking his family to church made a significant difference in how their lives went, and now he's an apostle! Kind of crazy how things work out when we decide to make a difference. Also, the art was amazing. Should I ever become an important person, I would like to be drawn this way.
Melissa Martin
This was a great book! very insightful into the live of President Uchtdorf! Very sweet. The pictures are great too. It makes me wonder if that is what his family really did look like.
Caroline Dougherty
Such a sweet story about Dieter F. Uchtdorf's conversion story and how his family went through a hard time. Makes me count my blessings.
Liz Carrillo
what a great book, its a good story to teach kids. regardless of being LDS it is absolutely beautiful.
Beth Kirby
A beautifully illustrated story of President Uchtdorf's childhood. He pays a touching tribute to the sisters who helped shape him as boy and pays reverence to the sister who is responsible for his family joining the church. Though I've heard this story a few times, it was still very touching. The illustrations added a quiet and warming beauty to the story.
Shauna
This is the true story of Elder Uchdorf.

His life in war-torn Czechoslovakia, his family's move to his grandparents home in Germany, and how is family was introduced to the gospel by an elderly, single sister named Ewig, which translated means Sister Eternal.

Beautifully illustrated for telling to children.
Maria
Picture Book

Pres. Uchtdorf's dad went to war, and his mother took them to live with her family in Germany. She almost lost her children, and his grandma met a woman who told them about the LDS Church.
Inspired Kathy
This is a story told by Elder Uchtdorf that was turned into a picture book. It tells how he was introduced to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Lauri
Story from President Uchtdorf's childhood. Love him! Made me think of some of the "Sister Eternals" in my life - people who I will be eternally grateful for!
Amanda Packer
I just love this man and so I love learning and reading anything that he has done. I love the simple message of missionary work in this book.
Heather
Such a moving story--and its true about our beloved Dieter F. Uchtdorf! I absolutely recommend it to everyone!
Sweet touching story. I cried. What else can I say!
Karen M.
cute but seemed long and somewhat boring.
Alicia
Apr 18, 2011 Alicia rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Alicia by: Paula
Beautiful illustrations, sweet story.
Katherine Hayward
Katherine Hayward marked it as to-read
May 23, 2015
Gean Vallejos
Gean Vallejos marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Wert
Wert marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
Melanie Raye
Melanie Raye marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Tricia Craft
Tricia Craft marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • On Earth As It Is In Heaven
  • Don't Leap with the Sheep: And Other Scriptural Strategies for Avoiding Satan's Snares
  • Being Enough
  • One Drop at a Time
  • How to Be Totally Miserable
  • Women of the Old Testament
  • The Beginning of Better Days: Divine Instruction to Women from the Prophet Joseph Smith
  • The Christmas Train: A True Story
  • You Are Priceless: The Parable of the Bicycle
  • My Dear Sisters: Inspiration for Women from Gordon B. Hinckley
  • True to the Faith
  • Weakness Is Not Sin: The Liberating Distinction That Awakens Our Strengths
  • With Full Purpose of Heart
  • The Simeon Solution: One Woman's Spiritual Odyssey
Dieter Friedrich Uchtdorf, a former German aviator and airline executive, is the Second Counselor in the First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church).

Uchtdorf was born to ethnic Germans Karl Albert Uchtdorf and Hildegard Else Opelt in Moravská Ostrava (German: Mährisch-Ostrau), which at the time was in the Nazi-occupied Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia (now O
More about Dieter F. Uchtdorf...
The Remarkable Soul of a Woman Forget Me Not Your Happily Ever After A Light Shall Break Forth: Talks From The 2005 Byu Women's Conference