Start by marking “Sister Eternal” as Want to Read:
Sister Eternal

Sister Eternal

Small kindnesses can make a difference that lasts for eternity
Published November 1st 2005 by Deseret Book Company

To ask other readers questions about Sister Eternal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sister Eternal

Etta Mcquade
Feb 18, 2017 Etta Mcquade rated it it was amazing
What a touching true story simply written by one of my favorite General Authorities of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Sheng Yang
Feb 18, 2014 Sheng Yang rated it really liked it
Shelves: february
Not from a Latter-Day Saints point of view, I find the book to be quite precious. It is because the book had a good moral to the story, and what makes it even better is that it is a true story. I felt like I could relate it it in some way, asking myself the question: Has anyone also touch my life the way how this old woman did? The pictures was beautiful, I find that it was so well drawn it fit the words and the pages of the book perfectly. I would recommend this book to anyone, just because to ...more
Kalee
Oct 21, 2014 Kalee rated it it was amazing
This is such a wonderful book that can teach a wonderful lesson to children! Regardless of the conversion of the family but by teaching children that the things we do and the things we say to others can have a lifetime effect on someone else. It gives a great sense of a very historic part in our lives of World War II and how it effected their family. For LDS members I think it can be a great book to use in teaching children how much of an impact inviting a friend to church can have and how every ...more
Kristine
Oct 22, 2014 Kristine rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-lit
This struck a cord with me in just how simple it can be to change another person's life for good or for bad. The simple act of asking his family to church made a significant difference in how their lives went, and now he's an apostle! Kind of crazy how things work out when we decide to make a difference. Also, the art was amazing. Should I ever become an important person, I would like to be drawn this way.
Beth Kirby
Aug 21, 2011 Beth Kirby rated it really liked it
A beautifully illustrated story of President Uchtdorf's childhood. He pays a touching tribute to the sisters who helped shape him as boy and pays reverence to the sister who is responsible for his family joining the church. Though I've heard this story a few times, it was still very touching. The illustrations added a quiet and warming beauty to the story.
Shauna
Apr 19, 2013 Shauna rated it it was amazing
This is the true story of Elder Uchdorf.

His life in war-torn Czechoslovakia, his family's move to his grandparents home in Germany, and how is family was introduced to the gospel by an elderly, single sister named Ewig, which translated means Sister Eternal.

Beautifully illustrated for telling to children.
Maria
Jul 07, 2009 Maria rated it liked it
Shelves: el-ed-340
Picture Book

Pres. Uchtdorf's dad went to war, and his mother took them to live with her family in Germany. She almost lost her children, and his grandma met a woman who told them about the LDS Church.
Amanda Packer
Dec 28, 2011 Amanda Packer rated it it was amazing
I just love this man and so I love learning and reading anything that he has done. I love the simple message of missionary work in this book.
Lauri
Jan 26, 2012 Lauri rated it really liked it
Story from President Uchtdorf's childhood. Love him! Made me think of some of the "Sister Eternals" in my life - people who I will be eternally grateful for!
Heather
Feb 05, 2011 Heather rated it it was amazing
Such a moving story--and its true about our beloved Dieter F. Uchtdorf! I absolutely recommend it to everyone!
Liz Carrillo
Oct 22, 2014 Liz Carrillo rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-lit
what a great book, its a good story to teach kids. regardless of being LDS it is absolutely beautiful.
Caroline Dougherty
Oct 21, 2014 Caroline Dougherty rated it it was amazing
Such a sweet story about Dieter F. Uchtdorf's conversion story and how his family went through a hard time. Makes me count my blessings.
Melissa Martin
Feb 10, 2015 Melissa Martin rated it it was amazing
This was a great book! very insightful into the live of President Uchtdorf! Very sweet. The pictures are great too. It makes me wonder if that is what his family really did look like.
Inspired Kathy
Mar 02, 2010 Inspired Kathy rated it it was amazing
This is a story told by Elder Uchtdorf that was turned into a picture book. It tells how he was introduced to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Madyson
Madyson rated it it was amazing
Sep 30, 2015
Jan 04, 2012 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Sweet touching story. I cried. What else can I say!
Sherilyn
Sherilyn rated it really liked it
Dec 11, 2008
Karen
Karen rated it really liked it
Sep 21, 2008
Christina
Christina rated it it was amazing
Nov 19, 2015
Katie Hogge
Katie Hogge rated it liked it
Mar 30, 2015
Julie
Julie rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2016
BritGirl
BritGirl rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2011
Sara
Sara rated it it was amazing
Nov 10, 2015
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Dec 11, 2007
Sierra
Sierra rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2008
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2008
Jenntoo
Jenntoo rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2014
Camille
Camille rated it really liked it
Mar 27, 2008
Emma
Emma rated it really liked it
Oct 21, 2014
Anne Corts
Anne Corts rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Being Enough
  • Don't Leap with the Sheep: And Other Scriptural Strategies for Avoiding Satan's Snares
  • Daughters of God
  • The Beginning of Better Days: Divine Instruction to Women from the Prophet Joseph Smith
  • The Ten Virgins: Ten Women, Ten Stories, Ten Lessons for Our Day
  • Understanding Your Endowment
  • You Are Priceless: The Parable of the Bicycle
  • The Light We Share
  • The Constitution: A Heavenly Banner
Dieter Friedrich Uchtdorf, a former German aviator and airline executive, is the Second Counselor in the First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church).

Uchtdorf was born to ethnic Germans Karl Albert Uchtdorf and Hildegard Else Opelt in Moravská Ostrava (German: Mährisch-Ostrau), which at the time was in the Nazi-occupied Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia (now O
More about Dieter F. Uchtdorf...