Start by marking “Every Last Piece: 12 Beautiful Design Inspirations Using Scraps, Strings and Applique” as Want to Read:

Make the most of your stash with these twelve striking quilt designs!

Learn to use fabric pieces of every size, from scraps to yardage, in "Every Last Piece." Author Lynn Harris demonstrates numerous ways to maximize how you use fabric in quilts, including string-pieced blocks, mini star blocks, applique, sawtooth borders and more! Traditional designs are refreshed by givin
Published May 14th 2015 by Fons & Porter

To ask other readers questions about Every Last Piece, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Every Last Piece

Caro
Jun 07, 2016 Caro rated it liked it
Shelves: quilts
Any book that starts with a tribute to Gwen Marston has my attention right away. I very much liked Harris's minimalist quilts, especially Twinkling Stars, Don't Fence Me In and Scrap Box. Her other quilts feature a color palette that feels too intense or too busy to me, but her advice is still good. Time to start making little stars with 1 1/2" centers!
Rachel
Mar 03, 2016 Rachel rated it really liked it
Shelves: quilting
Lynn Harris covers a wide variety of scrappy styles.
Some have too much going on for my taste, and some are minimalist perfection.
(And she uses actual scraps to make quilts. What? Who ever heard of such a thing?)

Harris' willingness to run the gamut inspires you to relax a little and embrace your creativity.

I have already decided I am going to start making Very Tiny Stars for either a "Twinkling Star" or a "Stardust" quilt.

I really appreciate the Design Ideas Harris puts after the different quil
Chris
Jul 19, 2015 Chris rated it it was amazing
Shelves: art-design
This book offers a range of projects from traditional to modern, and from heavily scrappy to minimally scrappy. There are also a lot of suggestions to help get your imagination going.

I love that she recommends owning a treadle sewing machine for those times when the power goes out!
Candy
Jul 08, 2016 Candy rated it liked it
Shelves: quilting
I had a big grin on my face when I opened this book and saw the author posing with Gwen Marston! Two cute quilters.
Lots of good patterns for scrappy quilts. Stories of inspiration for quilts is one of my favorite things in a quilt book. I loved the "Butterfly Effect" story and the quilt.
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2016
Kit
Kit rated it liked it
Mar 03, 2016
Sandy
Sandy rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Rossie
Rossie rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2015
Brenda Ratliff
Brenda Ratliff rated it it was amazing
Nov 20, 2015
Cecelia Winkle
Cecelia Winkle rated it it was amazing
Oct 16, 2015
Leanne
Leanne rated it it was amazing
May 01, 2016
Kelly
Kelly rated it really liked it
Jul 22, 2016
Sarah rated it it was amazing
Sep 25, 2016
Amber Adkins
Amber Adkins rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2016
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
Laura Ellison
Laura Ellison marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2015
Sandy
Sandy marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2016
Tori
Tori marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2015
scc101
scc101 added it
Jan 15, 2016
Stephanie Baker
Stephanie Baker marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2016
Lynn Harris is author of the comic novel DEATH BY CHICK LIT, along with its prequel, MISS MEDIA, and several non-fiction books including BREAKUP GIRL TO THE RESCUE! She is also co-creator, with Chris Kalb, of the venerable website BreakupGirl.net. An award-winning journalist, she writes frequently for Glamour, Salon.com, the New York Times, the Washington Post, Nerve.com, Babble.com, and many ...more
More about Lynn Harris...