Start by marking “Final Fantasy IX Official Strategy Guide (Video Game Books)” as Want to Read:
Final Fantasy IX Official Strategy Guide (Video Game Books)

Final Fantasy IX Official Strategy Guide (Video Game Books)

3.52  ·  Rating Details  ·  100 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
BradyGames Final Fantasy IX Official Strategy Guide features a detailed walkthrough, support and action abilities, equipment lists and statistics, comprehensive weapons list, bestiary data and side quests. Using this printed guide along with Squaresoft's online guide at PlayOnline.com will enable players to access additional resources for this epic adventure.
Published November 18th 2000 by BradyGames (first published November 8th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Final Fantasy IX Official Strategy Guide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Final Fantasy IX Official Strategy Guide

Bruce M
Why anyone ever bothered to put the word "guide" on this book is beyond me. It should have been called "Final Fantasy IX Official Vague Reference Book". It was "enhanced" by Square's PlayOnline site. This means that within the actual pages of the book was only general information about a dungeon, or where to go next (something that anyone who's ever played a Final Fantasy knows is not hard to figure out) and admittedly very nice promotional artwork. But for any actual specifics about the game, y ...more
Bonnie
Instead of acting as a strategy guide, this book just directs you to a website with the strategies... and though it's been a long time since I've used that, I remember the website being fairly useless. You're better off using a free walkthrough written by a fan or a review site. This book is pretty useless.
Michael
Jan 30, 2008 Michael rated it did not like it
Shelves: strategy-guides
*sigh* When I buy a strategy guide for a game, I want to be able to look up the information I need. I do not want to look in the book for a internet code so I can look up the info on the internet.

If I was going to use the internet, I would have looked it up on the internet... without paying for the strategy guide.
Fff1
Jan 30, 2011 Fff1 rated it liked it
A very useful guide...but it would be MORE useful if half of it wasn't hidden online on a, now dead, website. I'm extremely glad that the online content section of their Final Fantasy guides both started and died with this one, it really defeated the object of buying the guide in the first place.
Ebony Rene McMurray
Jun 12, 2011 Ebony Rene McMurray rated it did not like it
Shelves: own
FFIX has to be one of the best FF but this guide is sh*t. WTF you are better off finding a guide online and using it because that's what this book will make you do.
Wickedshizuku
Nov 26, 2011 Wickedshizuku rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
This guide could have been much better. I was let down by the lack of detail. Though the walk through images are done very nicely.
Christopher
Oct 02, 2008 Christopher rated it did not like it
This isnt a strategy guide. It's a book that tells you "Hey when you get to this part, go online and find out how to do it."
Kat
Apr 13, 2014 Kat rated it liked it
Shelves: strategy-guides
Yay! Only took 2 years :-p
Plum Coyle
Plum Coyle rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2016
Dharma
Dharma rated it it was amazing
May 18, 2016
Gabriel Perez
Gabriel Perez marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
Josiah Franklin
Josiah Franklin marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2016
Kyle Boyd
Kyle Boyd marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2016
Richard
Richard marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2016
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was amazing
Mar 19, 2016
Stephen
Stephen rated it liked it
Feb 21, 2016
Tedibehr
Tedibehr marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
Griffin Miller
Griffin Miller rated it it was amazing
Dec 16, 2015
Royston Soh
Royston Soh marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2015
Sean
Sean rated it it was amazing
Nov 07, 2015
Pokecats649
Pokecats649 marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2015
Alexander
Alexander rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2015