Start by marking “Kirlian Quest (Cluster, #3)” as Want to Read:
Kirlian Quest (Cluster, #3)

Kirlian Quest (Cluster #3)

Alternate cover edition can be found here

Herald the Healer, from infamous Andromeda Slash, high aura Outworlder Flint descendant, eases passing of quadpoint Smallbore; she warns of danger. Lovely human Psyche is not possessed; her Kirlian aura fluctuates; Prince orders her burnt. Astronomer Hweeh collapses into puddle at thought of faroff Amoeba - invading. The solution
Paperback, LCC 7856901, 313 pages
Published July 1978 by Hearst Avon (first published January 1st 1978)

To ask other readers questions about Kirlian Quest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kirlian Quest

An Odd1
Mar 15, 2014 An Odd1 rated it it was ok
Really like tarot or skip a lot ..
Political Geography appendix of clarifies puzzling symbols, enclosing alien conversations - would've helped to know for previous two. Herald the Healer, high aura Outworlder Flint descendant from infamous planet Andromeda Slash /my next client .. needs me to exercise a ghost from his castle/, eases passing of quadpoint Smallbore :: I perceive terrible pain for you, worse than that of death itself :: p 27.

On a human world, the Duke of Kador defends his lovely da
Aditya /
Aug 18, 2013 Aditya / rated it liked it
Piers Anthony is my favorite author, but this book was not very good.

Let me clarify that: it is not as good as the first two books in the series -- and some of his other series are better series. BUT, this is actually a great series, and PARTS of this book are great. Maybe even half of the book is great. But the parts that are not great have things that make them terrible. The protagonist behaves very very foolishly sometimes. This book also has more plot holes than any other Piers Anthony book
Michael
Feb 11, 2010 Michael rated it it was ok
Shelves: science-fiction
This book was not as good as the previous two. It doesn't really start to get interesting until the second part of the book. The first half is just setup for the more interesting adventures, that come later, and these adventures don't stack up very well to the ones that came before. It's nice to learn more about the world, and to discover what the ancients were really like, but I deduced who the ancients were far before the end and it didn't make me feel smart, it was just obvious. It also doesn ...more
Austin Myers
Dec 21, 2016 Austin Myers rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
5% and I deleted it

Sorry but I read for relaxation and this book requires way to much effort to parse every sentence to be enjoyable. It's like reading something in Latin and having to translate it.

Note to Mr. Anthony, your writing is getting in the way of telling the story and that never works. As an exercise, get a few friends together and verbally tell a story. Then look at how different it is from what you write and you will be on the path to being a much better writer.
David Leemon
The cluster series gets better with the first three novels. Kirlian Quest is one of the few novels to successfully take on an intergalactic scope and pull it off.

The one problem is that science fiction writers keep forgetting about that speed of light thing.
Rebecca
Jun 18, 2009 Rebecca rated it liked it
I liked this one, which was originally supposed to be the final book in the trilogy, but turned out to be the 3d of 5. The series got me interested in learning more about the history & workings of Tarot, too. I'm always amazed by the sheer volume of subjects Anthony has familiarized himself with!
Grace Weber
Apr 30, 2015 Grace Weber rated it really liked it
imaginative aliens.
Dale Shumate
Haven't read these since I was a teen. Still very unique sci-fi. Going to read the whole series!
John
Jan 30, 2011 John rated it liked it
Grade C+. Book C3.
Dewdrop
Oct 10, 2011 Dewdrop rated it it was ok
I think he over-reached on this one. He gets a little tiresome.
Georgene
Nov 18, 2012 Georgene rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: science-fiction
O.K. I've read 3 of this series. Apparently, there is a 4th book, which I do not have.

These stories were o.k., not great. They read quickly & were somewhat entertaining, but not terribly exciting.
D Calco
Jul 12, 2010 D Calco rated it really liked it
Cluster (Cluster, Bk. 1) by Piers Anthony (1977)
Jonathan
Oct 16, 2009 Jonathan rated it liked it
An okay book. Became predictable by the end.
Carissa Warner
Carissa Warner rated it it was amazing
Feb 09, 2013
Peggy Langgle
Peggy Langgle rated it it was amazing
Sep 06, 2014
Brett Bumeter
Brett Bumeter rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2013
Al H.
Al H. rated it liked it
Apr 19, 2013
Robert Pinolehto
Robert Pinolehto rated it it was amazing
Apr 12, 2014
Jeremy
Jeremy rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2012
Cyndi
Cyndi rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2012
Jennifer Finney
Jennifer Finney rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2014
Brad Murgen
Brad Murgen rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2014
Jennifer rated it liked it
Jun 30, 2013
Nick
Nick rated it really liked it
Oct 18, 2013
Shaw Sande
Shaw Sande rated it it was amazing
Mar 24, 2014
Steven
Steven rated it it was amazing
Sep 25, 2012
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2012
Jason Rutherford
Jason Rutherford rated it it was amazing
Mar 25, 2011
Darin
Darin rated it it was amazing
Sep 25, 2012
  • Charon: A Dragon at the Gate (The Four Lords of the Diamond, #3)
  • Escape Velocity (Warlock, #0)
  • The Stars are Also Fire (Harvest of Stars, #2)
  • The Deluge Drivers (Icerigger, #3)
  • Robot Blues
  • Rogue Bolo
  • Endgame Enigma
  • Counter Attack (The Fleet, #2)
  • A Hole in Space
  • The Ultimate Enemy (Berserker, #5)
  • The Naked God 2: Faith (Night's Dawn 3)

Piers is a self-proclaimed environm
More about Piers Anthony...

Cluster (5 books)
  • Cluster (Cluster, #1)
  • Chaining the Lady (Cluster, #2)
  • Thousandstar (Cluster, #4)
  • Viscous Circle (Cluster, #5)