Start by marking “The Complete Book of Retro Crafts: Collecting, Displaying & Making Crafts of the Past” as Want to Read:

3.42  ·  Rating Details  ·  62 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Baby boomers feeling nostalgic, hipsters longing for the handmade, and anyone interested in going retro can stop right here! This is the definitive guide to the fun and quirky world of retro crafts, written by a diva of the style. It’s jam-packed with history and wonderful images from vintage pamphlets, collections, and flea market hunts. Everything memorable is included, ...more
Published January 1st 2008 by Lark Books

To ask other readers questions about The Complete Book of Retro Crafts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Complete Book of Retro Crafts

Nancy
Jun 06, 2014 Nancy rated it liked it
Shelves: crafts
I really liked the project on making a Christmas Village. It looks like it might be a fun project to tackle in December for a teen program. Cut out paper, glue the walls together, apply glitter and snow, voila! Miniature village made out of Christmas cards. Charming.
Suzanne
Jan 25, 2016 Suzanne rated it really liked it
Fun, cute craft. A lot more kitchy and messy than other craft books. Someday, I would love to make the "Reinbeer" ornaments out of beer cans for Christmas ornaments. I probably don't have time for it this year though.
Marian
Feb 21, 2009 Marian rated it really liked it
Shelves: arts
Having made crafts since I was a little girl in the late 1960's I remember some of these "tacky old things" with fondness. And the beloved tattered pages of Pack o' Fun the kid's craft magazine and bible of cub scout den mom's. My only complaint was how long it took to get to the projects, all these pages first about collecting and displaying, then I noticed that was in the title! I had just naturally skipped to the Making, The Best part. She had missed many of my retro favorites, but I had made ...more
Mary Spencer
Dec 09, 2014 Mary Spencer rated it it was amazing
Suzie your fabulous book is now my grandson's and my favorite book. What a treasure!
Kate
Sep 02, 2008 Kate rated it liked it
Shelves: craft-a-holic
Lots of 60s and 70s nostalgia in this, as well as nifty how-to's. If you're pining for those jamaican black man nut holders of yore, you know, the ones with the aluminum bowl hats and the bottle-cap sleeves? then this is the book for you.
Jessica Oban
May 24, 2009 Jessica Oban rated it it was ok
Shelves: crafting, non-fiction
I don't know what I was expecting when I picked up this book. But I was expecting it to be better, not the kitschy things it entails.
Jessica
Feb 20, 2013 Jessica rated it liked it
I wasn't into actually making anything in this book, but I still loved the author's zeal for the wacky, unexpected folk art/craft.
Susan
Mar 30, 2009 Susan rated it it was ok
I would never make any crafts from this book, but it was fun to read and look through the crap, I mean crafts.
Stephanie
May 13, 2008 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
I jus got this today - this thing is damn cool
Mzfitz
Apr 01, 2010 Mzfitz marked it as to-read
tclib 745.5 millions
Kate
Mar 07, 2009 Kate rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crafts
So freaking fun!!!
Monica Cecilio
Monica Cecilio marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
Jeffrey Theimer
Jeffrey Theimer rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2016
Celia
Celia added it
Jan 19, 2016
electrajoy
electrajoy rated it liked it
Jan 18, 2016
Msbookworm
Msbookworm marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2015
Mel
Mel marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2015
melissa
melissa rated it liked it
Oct 13, 2015
Markie Jo
Markie Jo marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2015
T
T marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
Janine
Janine rated it did not like it
Jun 17, 2015
Ginger
Ginger rated it liked it
May 20, 2015
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2015
Dawn
Dawn rated it it was ok
Mar 16, 2015
Betty Dingus
Betty Dingus rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2015
C
C rated it really liked it
Feb 23, 2015
Michele Confer
Michele Confer rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2015
Chris Wyrick
Chris Wyrick rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2015
Dena Clinger
Dena Clinger rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2014