Start by marking “A Bigger Life: An Eden Plain Novel” as Want to Read:
A Bigger Life: An Eden Plain Novel

A Bigger Life: An Eden Plain Novel

3.74  ·  Rating Details  ·  72 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Joel has made some choices he now regrets. Just when he thinks the worst is behind him, he realizes he is facing his biggest challenge yet. And in the midst of tragedy, he learns forgiveness is more important in life than freedom.
Published January 3rd 2007 by NavPress

To ask other readers questions about A Bigger Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Bigger Life

Jerry
Mar 01, 2014 Jerry rated it it was ok
Synopsis: Joel was once a happily married man, but one mistake shattered the lives of him, his wife, and their son. Told from Joel's perspective, this is a tale of love, loss, failures, and triumphs.

My Review: From the praise that I saw on the back cover and the front matter, I expected a lot more from this. Instead, what I got was a story that was written out of order, and resolved matters far too quickly. It was a bit harder-edged than Christian novels usually are, which may make some readers
Madilyn
May 25, 2010 Madilyn rated it really liked it
I thought this was a really good book. Bittersweet but fairly good. Just an honest look at lives, mistakes, love, and sickness. I thought it was nice to read from the man's point of view.
Dawn
Oct 03, 2008 Dawn rated it it was ok
I've only read one chapter but I already know this will be irritating. The main character, in fact, all the characters are men, but the voice is female. This could be because it is a female author and the story is written very elementary. As I read it is very hard to visualize this main speaker as anything but a woman.
THe end is very hollywood. It all got rapped up in a perfect happy ending. Would have rather left it in the context of it's own story. It's ending was probably able to be covered
Tristan
Jun 22, 2011 Tristan rated it liked it
Recommended to Tristan by: Christy
I finished this book a few days ago, and it is a book I keep coming back to in my mind. I may give it a 3 1/2 to 4 star now, because it really makes you think of life and what is the most important in every day life. I did not know this was a Christian book when I picked it up, but it was refreshing to read about someone coming to find that God is in our lives even when we don't take notice.
Lorna
Jul 30, 2012 Lorna rated it really liked it
I thought this was one of those easy read kind of books. Well it was, but on and off the story just makes you cry like a baby! Very moving writing style by annette smith. Im curious to see if any more of her books are just as good. Being that she is a hospice nurse im sure helped in some details of the story.
Erin
Jul 14, 2010 Erin added it
This book had me bawling by the end. As a mother of a little boy I couldn't timagine him growing up without me. I lost my mom at 25 and that was hard enough. Kari and Joel are characters that u want to know more about and get involved in their lives. I can't wait to read more of her books
Chelsea
Dec 11, 2007 Chelsea rated it it was amazing
I devoured this book so quick. I read all afternoon and night and a little today too. Something about this author just grabbed me and made me cry several times as well. The story flowed so well. The characters were great. I look forward to reading more from Annette Smith.
Michelle Brashear
Jan 04, 2008 Michelle Brashear rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Ellen
I learned that even good people make big mistakes. Taking responsibility and owning the mistake is huge.
Melissa
Sep 12, 2014 Melissa rated it really liked it
Really good story about a divorced couple from a male POV. Ex-wife gets cancer.
Trish Boese
Jan 22, 2016 Trish Boese rated it it was amazing
5* I loved this book! Such a refreshing book written from a male point-of-view.
Elaine
Jun 08, 2009 Elaine marked it as to-read
Cws
Sep 18, 2008 Cws added it
Shelves: adult-fiction
F Smi
Cindy Condliff
Cindy Condliff rated it liked it
May 04, 2016
Sherry
Sherry marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2016
Jaime DeCarlo
Jaime DeCarlo marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2016
Kendra
Kendra added it
Feb 13, 2016
April Erwin
April Erwin marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Kathryn
Kathryn marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2016
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2015
Patty
Patty added it
Dec 30, 2015
Jessie Thandi
Jessie Thandi rated it liked it
Jun 30, 2015
Jessie
Jessie marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Stacey
Stacey rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2015
Suzanne
Suzanne marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
Kayleen
Kayleen rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2015
Brittini Austin
Brittini Austin marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015