Reversible Error

Reversible Error (Butch Karp #4)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  879 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Former New York City Assistant District Attorney and Homicide Bureau Chief Robert K. Tanenbaum is a first-class novelist whom reviewers have compared to Joseph Wambaugh. Now he delivers his best yet in a book about the raw reality of criminal justice.
Published April 1st 1992 by Dutton Books

To ask other readers questions about Reversible Error, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reversible Error

Jon
The fourth (I think) in this series, and the one in which Michael Gruber (the real author) begins to hit his stride. Several very complicated plots which turn out to be intertwined (characteristic of the later books). The beginnings of what will turn out to be Marlene Ciampi's future role championing women who are victims of their violent men. In later books she eventually will go into business providing security for these women, often solving their problems with, um, extreme prejudice. Legal an...more
Shay Williams
I am very much enjoying this series. The byplay between Butch and Marlene is really a kick.
Judy
This is the 4th book in the series so it was like settling in with some old friends. The story line was rather complicated and convoluted as one plot ran into another or not. The whole time I read it I wondered who was scamming who and who was really doing what they said there were so it was interesting to see how it would all pan out. I'm finding Butch and Marlene constant spats to be wearing a little thin. Time to put more space between the books in this series.
Carolyn
Another delectable bonbon in the Butch Karp - Marlene Ciampi series ghosted by Michael Gruber, my new fave, for his cousin RKT. While waiting for Gruber's next book in his own name I'm enjoying going through this series in order. This one is even better than the previous ones.
Jon
You know it's a good book when a mystery/crime novel also contains more than a few laugh out loud moments. I just love Tanenbaum's 'Butch Karp' series.
Melena Siebert
This is one of my favorite legal/police thriller series of all time. The earlier books have great plots, dialogue, and characters. The more recent books are not as good, but I love the series overall.
Jemera Rone
reading my way through this series, it's now the late 70s in NYC and the power couple is taking down the high and mighty backing drug czars to recoup their market losses.
Lychee
Currently my go-to author for when I want that feeling of needing to know what comes next "stay up all night reading." Am reading my way through the series.
Thom Dunn
NOT A REVIEW. Hippo marked 8/94 with marginal notes. I don't remember a thing {9-18-2010}.

Dusk jacket raves from V. Bugliosi and J. Kellerman.
Judy Ward
Really enjoy enjoy Tanenbaums roller coaster rides in his stories. Great characters that you come to know and look out for. Lots of action.
As legal thrillers go, it was ok. I enjoyed reading it, but I won't be enthusiastically pressing it on all my friends and acquaintances.
Jim Meyer
left me somewhat flat...somehow not up to the usual...guess I'll just move onto the next one.
Mailmanr5
Typical for this series. Got a little confused with the plot but sorted it out in time.
Anne Brassell
Enjoyable read. I listened to the audio version.
A Cayouette
All Tanenbaum books are well worth reading.
Vicki Papworth
No. 4 of Butch & Marlene
Jerald
excellently complex
Stevek
Stevek marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Andy
Andy marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Diane Vanderwerff
Diane Vanderwerff marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Alancalma
Alancalma marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
reversble error 4 3 Jan 30, 2014 04:59PM
  • Prime Witness (Paul Madriani, #2)
  • Perfect Justice (Ben Kencaid, #4)
  • A Certain Justice (Abe Glitsky, #1)
  • The Associate
  • Pleading Guilty (Kindle County Legal Thriller, #3)
  • Motion to Suppress
  • The Final Judgment
  • A King's Ransom
Robert K. Tanenbaum is the New York Times bestselling author of twenty-five legal thrillers and has an accomplished legal career of his own. Before his first book was published, Tanenbaum had already been the Bureau Chief of the Criminal Courts, had run the Homicide Bureau, and had been in charge of the training program for the legal staff for the New York County District Attorney’s Office. He als...more
More about Robert K. Tanenbaum...
No Lesser Plea (Butch Karp, #1) Absolute Rage (Butch Karp, #14) Reckless Endangerment (Butch Karp, #10) True Justice (Butch Karp, #12) Escape (Butch Karp, #20)