Start by marking “Buddha Never Raised Kids & Jesus Didn't Drive Carpool: Seven Principles for Parenting with Soul” as Want to Read:

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  20 ratings  ·  2 reviews
In this from-the-heart book, the founder of the Positive Parenting Network translates the sometimes lofty ideas of the world's great spiritual teachings into seven practical and easy-to-understand principles that parents can apply to the everyday challenges of modern parenting.
Published July 1st 2003 by Jodere Group

Be the first to ask a question about Buddha Never Raised Kids & Jesus Didn't Drive Carpool

Clare
First 1/3 of the book is amazing! talks about the stresses parents have and how to take a moment and really focus yourself and the issue at hand. The second third is ok, but I was struggling to continue.

The last third of the book is overloaded with self-help authors' guide, and when I saw she included Rhonda Byres The Secret, I almost threw the book across the room in disgust. The last 1/3 of the book reminded me of early Suze Orman, but of course, my favorite ass-kicking financial lesbian is a
Wendy
Another helpful version of the same information I have read in other books - reminding parents to try to be present, be "in the moment", take care of themselves, etc...I liked how she put the information together and it's easy to refer to for quick ideas.
Amy
Amy added it
Nov 06, 2014
Barb Shillinger
Barb Shillinger marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Paula Barksdale
Paula Barksdale marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Veronica
Veronica marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
Emily
Emily added it
Jan 19, 2014
Brandy
Brandy marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
Danielle Saxon
Danielle Saxon marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2014
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2013
N.
N. marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2013
Kim Ruehl
Kim Ruehl marked it as to-read
May 19, 2013
Growing Children
Growing Children marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2013
Leah
Leah marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2012
Erin Hammontree
Erin Hammontree marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2012
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2012
Keely
Keely marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2012
Misty
Misty added it
Mar 07, 2012
Buddha Never Raised Kids & Jesus Didn't Drive Carpool - Seven Principles for Parenting With Soul