Start by marking “The Truth About Mack” as Want to Read:
The Truth About Mack

The Truth About Mack

If you have read Two sides: Mack, this is that book. New name, new cover, same book.
Published September 1st 2014 (first published August 31st 2014)

Captive in the Dark by C.J. RobertsSeduced in the Dark by C.J. RobertsTears of Tess by Pepper WintersConsequences by Aleatha RomigEpilogue by C.J. Roberts
Best Dark Books Ever
72nd out of 727 books — 1,190 voters
Captive in the Dark by C.J. RobertsTagged by Joseph M. ChironConsequences by Aleatha RomigThe Opportunist by Tarryn FisherSeduced in the Dark by C.J. Roberts
My mind is full of ...Fuck
83rd out of 131 books — 363 voters

More lists with this book...

Candace
This was certainly a dark, mind-boggling, tale of debauchery! Beginning with the Prologue, I knew that this story was unlike anything I'd ever read before. It was gritty and raw, holding nothing back. I thought I knew where the story was headed early-on, but man, was I wrong!

This was one convoluted story. For each truth unveiled, two lies are unearthed. The layers of deceptions were incredible. The characters that seemed the closest were actually the farthest apart.

Although the story does offer
Judith
Aug 24, 2015 Judith rated it it was amazing
*** 5 DARK,TWISTED STARS ***

I don't even know where to start with this review.I knew it was going to be dark but I had no idea how totally f*cked up it would turn out to be.

Mack has bipolar and the book starts in the present day.She is just managing to hold down a good job but is getting more and more unstable due to events from her past catching up with her.

Mack and Gia had been friends from a young age.They had grown up together,their parents were 'friends', and as families they did everything
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
4 Crazy Stars

If you are looking for a light romance with a clearly defined storyline, this book is not for you. The Truth About Mack is a story about a woman who has bi-polar and is struggling with a whole load of issues which span from childhood to adulthood. I went in blind, only knowing that this is one of two books written by two different authors telling us two sides of a story.

Mack and Gia are best friends and have known each other all their lives. Gia is the leader and Mack is the follo
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo ttam cover xB by sb_zps0m4he0jq.gif

Placeholder: Reading asap.
Stand-alone, but should be read with Shhh... Gianna's Side by M. Robinson

BLURB:

Michelle
Aug 24, 2015 Michelle rated it really liked it
4 He Was Always The One Stars!
Wow! This book was a whole lot confusing and I couldn't wait to get the answers to everything. I wasn't sure I was liking this at first but around 45% I couldn't put it down. I needed to know what was going to happen.

Mack and Gia. Gia and Mack. They've been best friends since they were babies. Mack and Gia's parents are also best friends. They all do everything together. Even though they are all best friends there was a struggle between them to always try to be bet
Lucinda - I JUST LOVE TO READ

HEA: (view spoiler)
LIVE: Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/1qsivKj
AMAZON US: http://amzn.to/1wWhekN
AMAZON AU: http://bit.ly/1qS1GWF

This is my first book by Jettie Woodruff and it will definitely not be my last! This woman had me on the edge of my seat!! Where does Jettie get this ideas?? – this woman is EVIL hahaha!

If you didn’t know Shhh is 2 books by 2 different authors. Shhh by Jettie Woodruff is from Mack’s point
Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*
Sep 09, 2014 Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty* rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is one Fucked up book. Wow!
A good fucked up like you would never expect.

I hardly ever do reviews anymore because I just have no time however the favorite ones deserve the recognition.... And this... This book and it's craziness deserves it.

McKenzie is one screwed up girl messed in the head and I feel sorry for her...

Seriously I was cringing at times...

And some of this...

Where was this going....?
I couldn't tell. I just had to read and read and wow what a shocker.

Everything is definitely n
Catherine Gray
Nov 13, 2014 Catherine Gray rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-books
 photo 16_zps01e05a3b.jpg

I was lucky enough to get an ARC of this book and let me tell you something, it did not disappoint me in any way. I loved this book. Jettie will forever hold a special spot in my heart with Underestimated but this book rates right up there next to it for me. I know this book will not be for everyone and it touches on things some might shy away from so it's not for the light hearted of people. It totally messed with my mind. I'm an overthinker on trying to figure stuff out and I just couldn't wi
Dusti Hanrahan
Oct 15, 2015 Dusti Hanrahan rated it liked it
YIKES! I am totally w the minority on this one!!!
I LOVE a dark read but this was just dysfunctional and hard for me to connect with.
Maybe its just that this isn't 'my kind of dark'... I can't really explain why I didn't love this...I just didn't. I couldn't seem to get caught up in the characters or the story. The mental instability made me feel like I was going in circles...I personally felt near insane at times trying to just keep up.
Mack was the poster child for fucked up and her choices, her
Alice
Oct 05, 2014 Alice rated it it was amazing
5 CRAZY stars description

description

I had never read anything by Jettie Woodruff before and I seriously don't know WHY . She is AMAZING . Her writing style holds you captive and you become one with the character, you really feel everything Mack goes through.

This book was not an easy read but I was in the mood for something strong and batshit crazy so it was just what I needed. And finally! I thought I had lost the power to give 5 stars to a book..

" Sometimes you have to see things the wrong way to see them
Julie
Well if this wasn't different. The topic in this story is not one I've ever encountered before in a story. To think I knew enough about it, reading this proved me wrong. I actually learned a lot and it really startled me! The title of this couldn't be any more perfect than what it is because I was shocked when the TRUTH came out... more than one actually.

Mack didn't just lie, her entire life was based on them. There is only one person who is able to keep her grounded, who noticed from the beginn
Loyda
Aug 24, 2015 Loyda marked it as to-read
Recommended to Loyda by: Judith
~~~~~BLURB~~~~~

My name is McKenzie Perry. I’ve lived a life filled with secrets. Secrets that took me years to understand. Secrets that my bestie Gia and I kept from the world. Secrets that only I knew. I wasn’t afraid of the lies, the secrets, or the hidden skeletons. That’s not what frightened me. I was afraid that one day they would come out, somebody would find out the truth. If I am the only one that knew the secrets, the lies, then they were safe, right? How does a well-rounded, talented l
Katie Theobald
Aug 07, 2014 Katie Theobald rated it it was amazing
I love Jettie's work. She is up there on my top spot. 1 of my top 3 favorite authors who I would drop everything to read a new release. I don't even need to read the synopsis to know it's going to be great.
I felt honored when I was asked to read an ARC of Shhh...
Personally I think that this is her best yet. I wish I could give it more than 5***** as it deserves so much more.

How can you go through life so totally and utterly alone, keeping everyone at arms length. That way you don't get attache
April
I'm gonna keep this simple.

This was truly a FUCKED UP story but I really enjoyed it (insert sly grin).

You are not getting a play by play from me, just read the synopsis and go in blind cause I think its truly the way to go with this story.

Final honest rating: 4 stars

For more Reviews, Free E-books and Giveaways
Blue Kitty (Blue's Book Reviews)
How do I even comprehend what I just read!? All I can really do is type specific words to express my feelings.
BRILLIANT. AMAZING. WOW. INSANE. MIND BLOWING. DISTURBING. HEART WRENCHING. HOT SEX. HEAD SPINNING. JAW DROPPING. And I could go on and on. I'll end on this....I am completely convinced that if Stephen King read this book, he would pull a "Misery " on Jettie Woodruff, lock her up in a room with a typewriter so she could write for him. I truly believe this.
Jenna~Ice Queen~Dreams
Abso-freaking-lutely 5+++ stars.

loved it photo: ilovedit.gif
Angel Gelique
Nov 23, 2014 Angel Gelique rated it it was amazing
I guess I'm not used to reading many books like this, but boy, was it a rush!

Is it hot in here photo: Hot Flash blanche.gif

McKenzie Perry and Gianna Edwards have known one another since birth, practically, and are best of friends. And as best of friends, they know each other's deepest, darkest secrets. Or do they?

This is a deep, dark tale, told from McKenzie's perspective. It is a reminder that things that look perfect on the outside aren't always as nice on the inside. Touching upon sensitive, taboo topics, this book is surely a page-turn
Jan

This was a crazy ride.
Insane.
Not a crazy “ah! That girl is crazy”.
It was bat shit crazy.

There are so many things to consider here.
First one is that I am also going mad after reading this. It is all messed up in my head.
How sad was Mack’s “perfect” life.
How fake was her friendship with Gia. I don’t believe we can have a fake-best-friend in real life right? I just can’t! This is a book. This is a book. This is a book. This is a book. Did I mention going mad?
How unfortunate to grow up with parents
Allyson
Aug 11, 2014 Allyson rated it it was amazing
I started this book and the prologue shocked me I messaged Jettie with a HOLY FUCK! and from then I knew it would be at pure, dark and twisty which is what I love from this author.

I lost count at the times I re read sections making sure I was reading it correctly because I was shocked or amazed.

This is a story about love and how you can't control it even when it's wrong it feels right and is right. A story about how lies can hurt so many people in ways that can never be undone. Also a story abo
Tiffany Stevens
Sep 01, 2014 Tiffany Stevens rated it it was amazing
Shhh...

I'm thinking how to get the words just right.

A masterpiece! I can't express to you what a tremendous read this is. The development of the characters were perfectly done not to mention every bit of research was to a "T." I loved the story line. It felt real and it was totally unpredictable. Everything that happens in this story can easily happen in real life. I guess that's one reason why I enjoyed it so much. No spoilers here because you need to experience every emotion that Mack goes th
Christine
Sep 09, 2014 Christine rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Another total mind f**k.
Mackenzie totally crazy and even crazier when she comes of her meds. She comes from a home where her parents have no time for her. They are too occupied in their jobs and competing with the neighbours to pay any attention to her. That's where Kyle Gia's dad picks up the pieces.
Lots and lots of lies, secrets and more betrayal as Mackenzie and Gia try to outdo each other. Plotting against their English teacher Mr Nicholls things backfire on them. Loved the ending. Just wha
Somertime Book Blog
Aug 06, 2014 Somertime Book Blog rated it it was amazing
This was a amazing story written by a talented author, Jettie Woodruff. Her description of the characters had great detail and development, making them real and believable. The portrayal of Mack was intense. Shhh.... was full of emotion and packed full of surprises. Several times I thought I figured out the story line only to be throw for a loop that changed the entire story. I highly recommend reading Shhh... by Jettie Woodruff.
Erin McFarland
Sep 03, 2014 Erin McFarland rated it it was amazing
I mulled over this review for a week or more because I honestly don't know how to do this story justice. My love of all things Jettie began with Underestimated and this book just solidified her top spot in my book.

The story is based on a secret. A big secret. A secret that destroyed lives. On top of that secret, Mack is keeping her own secret. One that she hides from the world. Trust me when I tell you, Jettie did her research on this topic. Mack is a beautiful tragedy waiting to happen. You fee
~Nikki~  Blogger for Saints and Sinners Books
I was very lucky to receive an ARC of this book. Let me just say this is by far one the best books I have ever read. This book is Jettie's best book yet! I was so excited to read this book I only had 4 hours of sleep and I had to get up because my mind would not shut off thinking about it. I was completely sucked in from the beginning. The first page pulls you in right away and your dying to find out how it all ends. I loved Mack.. she is such an amazing and beautiful character. Even though Mack ...more
D.C. Renee
Aug 14, 2014 D.C. Renee rated it it was amazing
I wish there were more stars on goodreads because 5 just doesn't cut it. This story was insane...in a good way!

Twists? Check. Wait, not double check. Make that triple, quadruple, and quintuple check. Right when you learn the truth about one thing, bam, another surprise hits you. They keep coming until the very end. Which, of course means you're biting your nails the entire time (and I'm not a nail biter).

There was great character and story development. I loved that we learned about the past and
Julia
Sep 02, 2014 Julia rated it it was amazing
Shhh is one of the most mindfucking books I've ever read. It's neither sweet nor romantic, and if you are hoping to get all warm and fuzzy, keep looking somewhere else. If you can't stand the subjects of rape, violence and cheating, and find disfunctional relationships deplorable, this book is not for you.

But if your mind is open to absorb a crazy rollercoaster of all of the above plus so much more, go for it. Don't rob yourself by reading reviews with spoilers, just jump into Shhh.

All I want
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
Sep 01, 2014 Charlie ✰ WLTB Blog ✰ rated it it was amazing
This Read was DARK TWISTED BRILLIANT. AMAZING. WOW. INSANE. MIND BLOWING. DISTURBING. HEART WRENCHING. HOT. ONE HELL OF A ROLLERCOASTER OF A RIDE AND I DIDN'T WANT TO GET OFF

What another great book by Jettie I love all her books but this one has to be the best to date of her work don't get me wrong all her books are great this one just blown me away it has totally messed with my head I was hooked after reading the prologue that shocked me.
I loved Mack's side of the story can't wait to read Gia's
Valeriealmighty
What the fuck was it I just read?
Um...I still have zero clue why I read it. yeah it was good and a bit twisted and dark. But also it has so much going on, like too much. I'm really tired after reading it. I need a nap.
3.5 stars.
Natalie Neck
Aug 08, 2014 Natalie Neck rated it it was amazing
SHHHH By Jettie Woodruff

I Received this Arc in exchange for a honest review

I have to start by saying that Jettie is one of my Favorite Authors When she writes a book that is more on the Darker side she blows my bloody mind. Her Characters always have so much depth to them that you can’t help but get sucked into their world. I would honestly read anything this woman writes.

This book starts off by a man being placed in jail for a crime he didn’t or commit or did he? It explains some of his experi
K B -Southern Dirty Girl
Sep 02, 2014 K B -Southern Dirty Girl rated it it was amazing
I consider myself extremely lucky to have been given the chance to read the ARC for this book.

To say that I was blown away is an understatement....yes I am a fan of all her work and would read anything she sent me. HOWEVER, I am that reader that stays away from hard to read material typically; but I am so glad I didn't turn this one down. If you have read Underestimated or UT then you know her twist and turns of gut wrenching emotion already. I can't believe that I am about to say this but I mig
  • Shhh... Gianna's Side
  • My Masters' Nightmare Season 1, Ep. 4 "Poisoned" (My Masters' Nightmare, #4)
  • Unbearable
  • Choices...
  • That Which Destroys Me
  • Therapist
  • Don't Let Go (Dark Nights, #2)
  • The Decimation of Mae (Blue Butterfly #1)
  • The Sect (Wicked Trinity, #1)
  • Inferno (SKALS, #4)
  • The Degas Girl
  • The Twin Dragons (Golden Crown, #2)
  • Blurred Lines
  • Ruthless (Dragons MC, #1)
Jettie Woodruff resides in Ohio, but she's not sure why. She hates winter and it's right around the corner. Time to go south. People say Jettie has her own genre, a mixture of love, sex, family, mystery, and comedy. She also has a half a dozen stories started, all waiting to be told. The one that makes it to thirty-thousand first is usually the one that gets published next.
Some of her favorite th
More about Jettie Woodruff...

“Would you like to stay for dinner?” 0 likes