Start by marking “The Leah Shadow” as Want to Read:
The Leah Shadow

The Leah Shadow

"Leah was tender eyed; but Rachel was beautiful and well favored. And Jacob loved Rachel . . . more than Leah."

In the early days of the Mormon Church, sister-wives Catherine and Sheila must make peace with each other, seeking reconciliation in their love for their husband, John Glendrake.

But plural marriage is just one of the many frontier challenges that John and his st
Published November 1st 2005 by Bonneville Books (first published July 26th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Leah Shadow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Leah Shadow

Dorry Lou
Apr 09, 2016 Dorry Lou rated it liked it
I gave this book 3 stars because there was enough happening to hold your interest. The story itself probably deserved about 1 star. I feel plural marriages back in frontier time were hardly ever, if ever fair depending on where you fit in.
I guess when you hit your 40's and you have been married to your wife maybe close to 20 years, life becomes a little boring...John who had declared he would not marry another wife because his 1st wife came from a polygamous background and was totally against it
Lara
Jul 30, 2009 Lara rated it really liked it
This was a really well-done book. The whole subject of polygamy makes me upset and sick to my stomach, and because of that I almost gave up on this book in the beginning. I am very glad I finished it. I thought it was very realistic and honest about the difficulties of polygamous marriages, and about frontier life. It was a tad boring at times, but all in all a very good read, and I would highly recommend it.
Becky
About a polygamy family back in the day. It just didn't leave me with a good feeling. I think the author took liberties on how the women really felt.
Shelley
Oct 09, 2010 Shelley rated it liked it
It was disturbing how the man was against polygamy until the bishop tries to convince him to live it and then he suddenly discovers a hot 18 year old in the neighborhood. I felt sad for the first wife who got replaced.
Liz Christensen
Jan 15, 2012 Liz Christensen rated it liked it
I loved the story, but sometimes there was too much of it. It's a good description of polygamy and how it affected each person in the family.
Jenny
Oct 14, 2010 Jenny rated it liked it
Shelves: lds
A lot of cursing for an LDS novel!
Jill
Jill marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2015
Fay Stradley
Fay Stradley rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
May 20, 2013
Chrystalin
Chrystalin marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2012
Sherilyn
Sherilyn rated it liked it
Sep 05, 2011
Ralph
Ralph rated it liked it
Apr 27, 2011
Andy Salmon
Andy Salmon rated it it was ok
Jan 03, 2011
Violet O
Violet O marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2010
Shelena
Shelena marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2009
Eric
Eric rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2009
PrivateLibrary
PrivateLibrary rated it liked it
Feb 26, 2009
Amber
Amber rated it liked it
Oct 02, 2008
Dallon Heiner
Dallon Heiner rated it really liked it
Sep 25, 2008
Sheila
Sheila marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2008
Melissa McShane
Melissa McShane rated it it was ok
Jul 29, 2008
Jean
Jean rated it really liked it
Dec 10, 2007