Start by marking “The Leah Shadow” as Want to Read:
The Leah Shadow

The Leah Shadow

3.31 of 5 stars 3.31  ·  rating details  ·  16 ratings  ·  4 reviews
"Leah was tender eyed; but Rachel was beautiful and well favored. And Jacob loved Rachel . . . more than Leah."

In the early days of the Mormon Church, sister-wives Catherine and Sheila must make peace with each other, seeking reconciliation in their love for their husband, John Glendrake.

But plural marriage is just one of the many frontier challenges that John and his st
Published November 1st 2005 by Bonneville Books (first published July 26th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Leah Shadow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Leah Shadow

Lara
This was a really well-done book. The whole subject of polygamy makes me upset and sick to my stomach, and because of that I almost gave up on this book in the beginning. I am very glad I finished it. I thought it was very realistic and honest about the difficulties of polygamous marriages, and about frontier life. It was a tad boring at times, but all in all a very good read, and I would highly recommend it.
Shelley
It was disturbing how the man was against polygamy until the bishop tries to convince him to live it and then he suddenly discovers a hot 18 year old in the neighborhood. I felt sad for the first wife who got replaced.
Liz Christensen
I loved the story, but sometimes there was too much of it. It's a good description of polygamy and how it affected each person in the family.
Jenny
Oct 14, 2010 Jenny rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: lds
A lot of cursing for an LDS novel!
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
May 20, 2013
Chrystalin
Chrystalin marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2012
Violet O
Violet O marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2010
Shelena
Shelena marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2009
Sheila
Sheila marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2008