Start by marking “Clementine” as Want to Read:
Clementine

Read Book

Clementine

Clementine is a young adult story sent in the late 1870s. Thirteen-year-old Clementine is trying to make do, living near a desolate mining town in a mountain range in Death Valley, California with chicken as her only neighbors.

To protect her from the violent miners, her father has a shack built in a valley that is within walking distance to the infamous Panamint City, a pl
Published August 11th 2014 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about Clementine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clementine

Susan Walker
May 09, 2015 Susan Walker rated it really liked it
This is a young adult book but I enjoyed it too. Thirteen year old Clementine lives in Death Valley, California in the 1870's. She lives with her gather in a valley with a Mexican family as her only friends. When her friends leave and her father disappears she must go it alone. I thought Clementine was a charming character and her adventures are very interesting. The story will keep everyone who reads it interested.
dianne
Dec 20, 2014 dianne rated it really liked it
This is a self-published unusual book i won from first-reads. At first the style was a bit bothersome but the story, and the girl, captured me and i stayed up reading so i could find out what happened. It is basically all written in present tense, which again, can be irritating but when seen as a young girl's diary makes sense and frankly works. Only a few scattered memories are in past tense. i loved the story itself and the level of understanding seemed authentically age 13. My biggest ...more
Joni Huss
Mar 28, 2015 Joni Huss rated it really liked it
I truly enjoyed reading “Clementine” the book that I won through Goodreads. This story brings the reader back in time to the 1800’s. Clementine is a 13 year old girl struggling to survive while living near a small mining town in Death Valley. As you are reading this story you feel as though you are there with her. I loved the story. This is a young adult story and I plan on donating this book to our school library. Thank you Goodreads!
Alicia
Jun 29, 2015 Alicia rated it really liked it
Very good story about a young girl left to make her own way in 1876. Clementine has a lot to deal with and hard decisions to make. The book could really use some editing to make it flow better but I looked passed the errors and enjoyed the reading.
*Goodreads Giveaway copy*
Marguerite
Dec 08, 2014 Marguerite rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
CLementine: Wonderful story I previewed for First Reads. Highly recommend for your favorite someone out there.
Laurie
Sep 15, 2015 Laurie rated it liked it
I liked the story and, basically, the development of it. I say this because it seemed that as we got close to the closing, there was less development than throughout the book. I would have liked to have seen more details at that part. (I used to do that at my former stage of writing, too, as it's an easy mistake for many authors to make.) A little bit more development and details at the end would make it an EXCELLENT young adult read, possibly even an award winner!!
Kme_17
Oct 22, 2014 Kme_17 rated it it was ok
Shelves: first-reads
I got this one as a first read. This one was okay. It was a young middle grade book. It is about clementine a young teenager try to survive in the west. This one just didn't really stick out for me.This might be because I am greater deal older then the target audience . However A passable book though that might really click with a younger crowd.
Teri Dona
Dec 03, 2014 Teri Dona rated it did not like it
This book was just plain awkward, irritating even. Obviously self-published, this book lacked an editor or even a proofreader. There were glaring errors from the very first sentence, and they never stopped. It was nearly unreadable. I was hoping for historical fiction of the "real" Clementine, but what a mess I got instead. Very disappointed.
Robin
Aug 20, 2015 Robin rated it really liked it
I won this book free from goodreads first reads. I didn't mind the fact that this book was in present tense. In fact I found it an interesting way to tell a historical fiction story. I loved the character Clementine. Her character was very realistic. Overall a good book.
Jasmine
Oct 25, 2014 Jasmine rated it liked it
I won this book from a Goodreads giveaway. I thought this book was okay. I didn't feel much of a connection with the character and I wished there were more exciting events in the story. I liked the historical aspect.
Maria-Paula
Nov 02, 2014 Maria-Paula rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Received as an ARC. Very interesting. Not really for my age group but I think any young kids would find this a good read. Would definitely recommend for older kids.
Rose Reading
Rose Reading rated it it was amazing
Mar 12, 2015
Tasnim
Tasnim rated it did not like it
Oct 13, 2014
Sergio Reyes
Sergio Reyes rated it it was amazing
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Jun 04, 2015
Ben Gonzalez
Ben Gonzalez rated it it was amazing
Kathy Feller
Kathy Feller rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2015
Tova Dean
Oct 30, 2014 Tova Dean rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Dean Hubbard
Dean Hubbard rated it it was amazing
Tova Dean
Aug 25, 2014 Tova Dean rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Pam Mooney
Pam Mooney rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2014
James Lynam
James Lynam rated it it was amazing
Jun 04, 2015
K.
K. marked it as to-read
Frederick Rotzien
Frederick Rotzien marked it as to-read
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Callie
Callie marked it as to-read
Barbara Zitsch
Barbara Zitsch marked it as to-read
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
J
J marked it as to-read
Ms. Reader
Ms. Reader marked it as to-read
Tasha
Tasha marked it as to-read
Zainab
Zainab marked it as to-read
Sabrena
Sabrena marked it as to-read
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Tressa
Tressa marked it as to-read
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
James
James marked it as to-read
Shelley Lee
Shelley Lee marked it as to-read
Katie Harder-schauer
Katie Harder-schauer marked it as to-read
Pam
Pam marked it as to-read
Connie Chu
Connie Chu marked it as to-read
Kim Hathorn
Kim Hathorn marked it as to-read
Selena
Selena marked it as to-read
Joy Adams
Joy Adams marked it as to-read
Debbie White
Debbie White marked it as to-read
Deborah Kolda
Deborah Kolda marked it as to-read
Marilyn
Marilyn marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Erma Talamante
Erma Talamante marked it as to-read
Desiree
Desiree marked it as to-read
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Tessa
Tessa marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
  • Émigré: 95 Years in the Life of a Russian Count
  • Never Isn't Long Enough
  • The Ivy League Chronicles: 9 Squares
  • The Sword and Scabbard: Thieves and Thugs and the Bloody Massacre in Boston
  • Banking on Temperance (Cotillion Ball #3)
  • Contention
  • The Manner of Amy's Death
  • I, Claudia: A Tale of Pontius Pilate
  • She Rides with Genghis Khan (Catalina & Bonhomme International Spy Series, #3)
  • The Camelot Shadow
  • Hard Water
  • A Cup of Redemption
  • American Epochs: Time Traitor
  • Bad Bishop
I think there are a few factors that have shaped me as a writer: I write for myself; I love it, it is as satisfying as reading to me. Growing up, I was never really encouraged or discouraged from expressing myself creatively so I don't expect to work creatively for the approval of others. My mother loved to read so there were always used books in the house. I read a lot. My mother also loved ...more
More about Tova Dian Dean...