Start by marking “Nova, Volume 5: Axis” as Want to Read:
Nova, Volume 5: Axis

Nova, Volume 5: Axis (Nova #17)

Nova squares off against the Hulk! Find out why they're fighting and learn just how Sam thinks he has a chance!

Collecting: Nova 23-27
Published May 5th 2015 by Marvel (first published April 21st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Nova, Volume 5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nova, Volume 5

Anne
Not a bad addition to this run, as long as you keep in mind that this a a very kid-friendly comic book. Which is good, because sometimes you need to be able to recommend something to parents of tweenagers, who are looking for something suitable.
I know, I know! Comic books AREN'T for kids!

description

Anyway, this volume (obviously) has the Axis tie-in, so you get to see Sam deal with the during/after effects of all of that mess.

He fights a Hulk during Axis...

description

He fights Carnage after...

description

And he deals with his he
Sesana
Jun 09, 2016 Sesana rated it liked it
Shelves: superhumans, comics
Poor Nova. His book keeps getting interrupted by dumb crossover events. In this case, it's the incredibly dumb Axis event, which results in Sam trying to fight evil Hulk. The difference between evil Hulk and good Hulk is that he's intentionally destroying small cities, instead of doing it on accident. I think. That part of the book... I'll go with ok. There's nothing really special or interesting about it. And there's nothing really special or interesting about Carnage's sudden vendetta against ...more
Paul
Nov 25, 2015 Paul rated it really liked it
Yet another great volume for Sam Alexander, the new Nova.

I'll be honest; I was a big fan of the Richard Rider Nova and was initially strongly against replacing Rich with a younger model. However, over the last 27 issues (it doesn't feel possible this book has been going that long) I've grown to really love the new kid. In fact, Sam Alexander and Miles Morales (over in Ultimate Spider-Man) have completely changed my outlook on legacy heroes... for the better, obviously.

Gerry Duggan is doing a gre
Belinda (TheBookBuddies)
Mar 12, 2016 Belinda (TheBookBuddies) rated it really liked it
Shelves: trade-paperbacks
Well, I do believe Sam did some growing up here. He's really growing into a fine hero and a good kid. Duggan is doing a good job with the coming-of-age story, and that issue with all of the Avengers was THE BEST. Honestly, it's nice just reading these whenever I'm in the mood for something light and fun with a lot of action.
David
Apr 25, 2015 David rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comic-books
Another solid volume in the life of Nova Jr. Been a good series so far. Here he's made an Avenger by Capt. America himself. Also, we get a visit from Carnage, one of the least interesting villains around. Do hope that's the last we see of him in this title.
James DeSantis
Oct 31, 2016 James DeSantis rated it liked it
Another solid volume. I just wish it was better though.

So axis is a weird storyline. Some stuff I loved, some I didn't. Nova stuff is in the middle.

Watching Sam take on Hulk was entertaining to say the least. I think it's the first major battle he's been in where he suffered injuries. The fight was fast paced and exciting at times, but some of the hulk dialog was terrible and the end wrapped up to quickly.

The next arc, while only one issue, was great. Focused on Sam accepting he's not the bes
Wing Kee
Apr 27, 2016 Wing Kee rated it liked it
This is the best arc yet, though that's not really saying much.

Finally an arc that is focused on one point of Sam's life and give it some development. It's still fairly surface level and there are a lot of development that happens between the pages, but it's still much better than what came before.

World: The art is fine, it's nothing really special. I did like the carnage fight and seeing Avengers Mansion was nice, but yeah the art is okay. The world building is much more focused this time aroun
Richard Pittman
Feb 26, 2016 Richard Pittman rated it liked it
This is the best of the Nova books I've read so far. I know a lot of people don't like this series, and their criticisms are fair. It is a book that is primarily written for children, in the old tradition of comic books rather than in the new style of writing more for a mixed adult/youth audience. I think most people's problem with the book isn't the book itself but that Marvel has sidelined the previous Nova to make room for this one, right when the Richard Rider Nova was getting good stories ...more
Adam Fisher
Jul 17, 2015 Adam Fisher rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This Volume of Nova contains two really good fights: vs Hulk and vs Carnage. In the fight with Hulk, Nova's helmet gets damaged and it seems as if he will be searching for a way to fix it in the next Volume. Perhaps a multiverse Nova will arrive to help?
Great outing overall for Nova again. This book is really consistently good.
Recommend
Chad Harmon
Gerry Duggan is becoming one of Marvel's best writers. This book is fun! Sam Alexander is a typical kid that makes mistakes. In this story line he deals with concussions, which would be a very real issue for a superhero.
Blake Etheridge
Dec 31, 2015 Blake Etheridge rated it it was amazing
Nova is pure fun. This is a perfect series to get your younger kids (especially boys) into comics. Who wouldn't want to be a kid superhero?
Gaz Watson
Gaz Watson rated it liked it
Jul 18, 2015
Kaci
Kaci rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2016
Brian Beatty
Brian Beatty rated it liked it
Mar 26, 2015
Persephone
Persephone rated it really liked it
Mar 04, 2015
Maria Mihai
Maria Mihai rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2016
David Byrne
David Byrne rated it liked it
Mar 01, 2015
Jamie
Jamie rated it really liked it
Aug 24, 2015
Scott
Scott rated it liked it
Mar 21, 2016
Kristen
Kristen rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2015
Joey Heflich
Joey Heflich rated it liked it
Jul 22, 2015
Pablo
Pablo rated it liked it
Feb 05, 2016
Matt Win
Matt Win rated it liked it
Jun 23, 2016
Jeffrey
Jeffrey rated it liked it
Jun 14, 2015
Janice
Janice rated it really liked it
Sep 01, 2015
Karen
Karen rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2015
Remy'S Dad
Remy'S Dad rated it liked it
Apr 08, 2016
Ryan
Ryan rated it it was amazing
May 06, 2016
Nicky
Nicky rated it really liked it
Oct 10, 2016
Ron Gastgeb
Ron Gastgeb rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

Nova (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Nova Classic, Volume 1