Start by marking “The Badass Body Diet: The Breakthrough Diet and Workout for a Tight Booty, Sexy Abs, and Lean Legs” as Want to Read:

CrossFit celebrity Christmas Abbott shows how to attain the body of your dreams with a targeted eating strategy and total-body workout plan that will whip glutes and hips—and every problem area—into top shape.

As a formerly “skinny fat” woman, Christmas Abbott knows what real women need to get the butt and body of their dreams. In The Badass Body Diet, she dispels the myth
Published May 12th 2015 by William Morrow (first published May 5th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Badass Body Diet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Badass Body Diet

Robin
Jun 28, 2015 Robin rated it it was ok
This girl is a rabid fitness professional. To follow her diet recommendations 100% would make me absolutely crazy. Perhaps it works for pro athletes; not realistic for me or most people i know.
The workout routines provided in this book (12-20 min/day) would most likely not give anyone a physique resembling the author's. Clearly, she works out several hours daily.
So, while I admire her commitment and enthusiasm for women's health, strength and fitness, I think this book offers a nearly impossib
Meg
Grumble, I'm not sure why I read this in the first place.

HIIT style bodyweight workouts you can do anywhere, zone/paleo diet. It restricts carbs pretty severely so you'd lose weight pretty easy I'd guess and high fat/protein so you don't feel deprived.

Lots of pic of Christmas looking fantastic if, uh, you're into that.
Katherine
Jan 04, 2016 Katherine rated it liked it
Shelves: book-club-read
There really isn't anything new in this book from other diet books. She changes the wording such as "brick" instead of "portion". She has encompassed some of the Navy Seal workouts, along with some pilates moves. The portions she gives you seem like a good amount of food, but I couldn't go 21 days without a slice of bread or some grown rice. It's not one I would stick with the exercises for very long, they aren't fun.
Yvette (hooked on the nook)
Dec 27, 2015 Yvette (hooked on the nook) rated it really liked it
This was a well thought out book that provides excellent eating and workout tips for an improved life style. I'm an advocate of clean eating and daily exercise. There are some great recipes i'm going to try and I appreciate the topic on the use of supplements. Great chapter on how to eat while traveling and meal planning. The recommended exercises are illustrated and can be done anywhere.
Kc Chapa
Jun 06, 2016 Kc Chapa rated it it was ok
I was looking to this book and hoping for some new info. I didn't find it here. I found the book to be a little corny for my taste. The eating plan is pretty much The Zone but in her terminology. I definitely think this book is a great starting point for those who are new to the health/fitness lifestyle.
Amy
Apr 04, 2016 Amy rated it it was ok
I felt like there was a lot of writing with not a lot of useful information. The diet and exercise guidelines boil down to just a few pages. The rest of the book felt pretty unnecessary. You could probably save yourself some hassle and buy a more informative book on macronutrients.
Sharayah Farrell
Love it!!

I just watched her online seminar and it was great.. This combined with her nutrition class will be amazing. Can't wait to start
Marissa
Nov 08, 2016 Marissa rated it it was ok
Shelves: food-health
I love Christmas Abbott's story, I think she is beautiful and an amazing athlete but I just could not get through this book. I read the first 40 something pages and then skimmed the rest. I've read several other "diet" books, done my fair share of research online and such so I didn't find any new information in this book. I found some of her terminology cheesy- maybe for someone who has never dabbled in zone, macros, paleo eating etc might learn from this book but I DNF and moved onto other ...more
Cindy
Oct 11, 2016 Cindy rated it liked it
All in all, not a bad plan, but it is a bit clunky. The whole 'brick' system seems like a very complicated way to say "count your macros". Christmas wants you to portion out your protein, fats, and carbs into 'bricks', then throughout the day you can just grab a brick and be done with it. For me, with a family that is not eating like I do, it would take quick a bit of prep and planning. She eats Paleo and I already do that and MyFitnessPal will figure out macros if I just plug in the foods I ...more
Erin
Nov 06, 2016 Erin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to read her book because I've always admired her body. The book is ok. Pretty basic & rudimentary, but that's probably good for people who don't have a clue about nutrition. It's always hard to take advice from someone that was always underweight though! This would be a good plan for people that are really overweight or good at knowing how to customize it for themselves.
Oct 04, 2016 Sarah rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites, fitness
Great Book! This is absolutely doable! I'm surprised by all the negative feedback on this one...if you're serious about your health and fitness it's just a matter of commitment. I'm not saying everyone who follows her plan is going to look like Christmas, we all have different body shapes. She is rather short so her muscles are stalky and compact where as I am on the taller side and my muscles are long and lean. That being said...I can't wait to get started and see what happens!
Julie
Sep 03, 2015 Julie rated it it was ok
Here's why this book is 'just ok': all of this information is obtainable for free (I checked this book out at the library anyway) at bodybuilding.com and all over the internet in general. The meal plan is just a reiteration of every other mean plan that a competitive athlete or fitness model/competitor would tout. Focusing on macro combinations (high quality protein, limited slow burning carbs, and healthy fats), the diet eliminates all sugar and refined, simple carbs and has you eating 6 meals ...more
Melozi Scott
Aug 11, 2015 Melozi Scott rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I was so excited for this book from Christmas Abbott and let down so quickly. I purchased this book thinking it would be a good intro to brick style diets, and for the most part it was. Unfortunately, it was also very basic in science and background.
The writing style was candid but sometimes so lax I had to put my head down. There are plenty of typos and editing mistakes that I wonder if the deadline came up too quickly. Biggest examples of errors: see pages 63 and 64. The bibliography situation
Minna
Aug 13, 2015 Minna rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction, 2-stars
Not for me.

I could not follow the diet, at all, beyond realizing that it would take waaaaay more of my time to figure it out and adhere to it than I have to give. My other takeaway from the diet is that um, if anyone restricts their calories that much they will lose weight regardless of their activity level.

I understand that "losing weight" is not the goal, and so I turned with hope to the fitness section. I am assuming that the book is aimed at Crossfit disciples, in which case the exercises a
Relstuart
Dec 29, 2015 Relstuart rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
Christmas Abbott is pretty cool and she works hard to be one of America's fitness stars. Her story is interesting and it's clear she has a passion for helping other people be fit too. This book is a cross between memoir/how I got here and how to become fit. The diet/fitness advice is pretty straightforward and others point out it's nothing revolutionary and some are concerned because while she mentions some studies that back up some of the things she says she does not cite them well.

He writing
Ashley
Sep 07, 2016 Ashley rated it really liked it
I thought the meals were restrictive (3 almonds as part of a "meal"?) but it was nice to see a breakdown of what each person, at each part of their journey, should be doing in order to reach their goals.

I imagine I would take more of this book to heart if I was competing
Tiffany
Jun 11, 2015 Tiffany rated it really liked it
The information presented isn't anything new. If you follow the Crossfit and paleo world then you will already know most of this info. However, if you are new to this lifestyle then it is broken down very clearly and kept simple. It includes explanation as to why she suggests this plan and gives simple instructions for how to follow it and implement it. Smile meal plans, recipes and exercise routines are all provided. I'm a fan of Christmas Abbott and loved that her passion for empowering women ...more
Michelle Hillstrom
Aug 27, 2015 Michelle Hillstrom rated it liked it
An acquaintance of mine recommended this book. I chose to read it because I enjoy books that have new or interesting health and fitness tips. I appreciated the author's personal stories and writing style. However there was really nothing new or exciting about the plan.
Author uses "bricks" as portion sizes and types of food for each meal. However what she stated as how much one brick equaled and what her example meal plan suggested, did not equal out correctly, so that left me a bit confused.
Exer
Erin M
Aug 24, 2015 Erin M rated it liked it
As an aspiring CrossFitter and Christmas fan, I had to give this book a shot. It was entertaining, and the meals plans were well-laid out and comprehensive. I am attempting to follow one right now, as a matter of fact. I don't think she was splitting the atom here. The plans are simple, and "eat less and move more" has been a mantra for a while. However, I don't think that being healthy is as difficult as we all try to make it, is it? Hemingway she is not, but I liked hearing more about the ...more
Michelle
May 13, 2016 Michelle rated it really liked it
can't wait to put her plan into action . . . finally an approach that has the customization outlined for you based on exactly where you are in your current fitness and health level and gets to the basics of eating fruits, veggies, animal proteins--better said--protein, carbs, and fats. Which we all do need. Not a gimmick--just back to the basics. Crossing fingers I can meet my fitness goal with this program!
Erin
Nov 02, 2015 Erin rated it it was ok
I thought this was going to be a light and fun book with suggestions on what to eat and how to workout. No, this book is hardcore and wants you to count macros for your body fat %, and your goals, and etc.....ain't nobody got time for that. I'll continue to eat 100% paleo/80% of the time and do occasional crossfit workouts and be ok with the fact that I will never look like Christmas. But then again, I also want to live my life and enjoy food.
Anita
Feb 08, 2016 Anita rated it it was amazing
Seriously good book. Simple and to the point. Yes its a bit hard to change eating habits at first but in the long run, there's nothing wrong with portion control. And that's what this 'diet' is. Weigh it out, measure. Keep those macros in check. Perhaps some people want a quick easy fix - guess what? There are no shortcuts. Eat clean, exercise, drink water, smile and pray - repeat.
Jessica Ricketts
It's the whole package

I went to her seminar before buying the book and the book really goes into depth about her program. I love that she added in recipes and short workouts. This book can be used by a beginner or a seasoned athlete. Although the book is geared more towards women, she does break the diet down for men and their body types too.
Regina Martinez
Jun 30, 2015 Regina Martinez rated it it was ok
Enjoyed the exercise plan lay out in the book. The diet was a little confusing with all the bricks you could eat or not. I think common sense for anyone who has researched diets/eating plans/way of life will be able to come up with a sound eating plan and utilize the work out as I plan on doing.
Susie
Jul 04, 2016 Susie rated it did not like it
I picked up this book because I actually enjoy Crossfit. But there's no way you can get me to give up dairy and eat tuna on top of tomatoes for lunch. I need books that focus more on body positivity and eating whatever the f*ck you want. Changes suggested wouldn't be sustainable for me
Nidia
Sep 03, 2015 Nidia rated it it was ok
The diet resembled a Paleo version of the Zone diet, which I'm already familiar with. I'm surprised that her workout routines didn't include weights being that she is big into crossfit. I really wanted to like this book but found it to be disappointing. For a better read check out "Strong Curves."
Misty Boyd
Mar 19, 2016 Misty Boyd rated it it was amazing
This is the first diet / life change book where I actually read the book and enjoyed it. The tools are easy to implement, very encouraging, and down to earth. If you are looking to make a lifestyle change with your body and diet this one lives up to it's title. BADASS!
Carie
Mar 08, 2016 Carie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like the structure of Christmas Abbott's dietary plan... easy to follow & lots of great suggestions for supplements & just getting overall health back into our lives. I read this book in one sitting & plan to follow some of her recipes. Would recommend to everyone!
Leanna
Aug 12, 2015 Leanna rated it really liked it
A complete guide to starting out an intense workout and diet regimen. Christmas is inspirational with easy to follow plans.
Stephanie
Oct 04, 2016 Stephanie rated it really liked it
This book is amazing! If you're looking to really fine tune your nutrition and learn about macro's GET THIS BOOK! <3

Can't wait to combine this with my current nutrition to up my game! <3
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Green Juicing Diet: Green Juice Detox Plan for Beginners—Includes Green Smoothies and Green Juice Recipes
  • The Swing!: Discover the Revolutionary Kettlebell Program That Will Take You from Fat to Fit
  • The Blender Girl Smoothies: 100 Gluten-Free, Vegan, and Paleo-Friendly Recipes
  • Fermented: A Four Season Approach to Paleo Probiotic Foods
  • The 3-Day Cleanse: Drink Fresh Juice, Eat Real Food, and Get Back into Your Skinny Jeans
  • The Paleo Approach Cookbook: A Detailed Guide to Heal Your Body and Nourish Your Soul
  • OMG. That's Paleo?
  • The Sugar Detox: Lose Weight, Feel Great, and Look Years Younger
  • The Paleo Coach: Expert Advice for Extraordinary Health, Sustainable Fat Loss, and an incredible body
  • The Start Here Diet: Three Simple Steps That Helped Me Transition from Fat to Slim . . . for Life
  • Ani’s 15-Day Fat Blast: The Kick-Ass Raw Food Plan to Get Lighter, Tighter, and Sexier … Super Fast
  • Value At Risk: The New Benchmark for Managing Financial Risk Third Edition
  • Running and Walking for Women Over 40: The Road to Sanity and Vanity
  • Extreme Transformation: Lifelong Weight Loss in 21 Days
  • Paleo Cleanse: 30 Days of Ancestral Eating to Detox, Drop Pounds, Supercharge Your Health and Transition into a Primal Lifestyle
  • Marilu Henner's Total Health Makeover
  • Michael Jackson's Malt Whisky Companion
  • Tempted

“am 100% committed to following the Badass plan. ________ I will “show up” for myself for 21 days of this program and do exactly what the plan recommends. ________ I will get rid of tempting foods in my house, and I will replace them with nutritious ones. ________ I will prioritize my health and fitness from this day forward. ________ I will make body-honoring choices, day by day. ________ I agree that the plan is a lifestyle that I’m developing, not something I pick up and put down when I need it. ________ I understand that to take care of my body is to nurture the most valuable physical resource I have.” 0 likes
“MONDAY: Badass Baseline Perform one round of this routine. Jumping Jacks: 75 repetitions Sit-ups: 40 repetitions Squats: 30 repetitions Push-ups: 20 repetitions Burpees: 10 repetitions Jumping Jacks: 75 repetitions WEDNESDAY: Single Jump Jump Perform three rounds of this routine. Step-ups: 15 repetitions Bench Dips: 15 repetitions Jump Rope: 50 repetitions Double-under Jump Rope: 10 repetitions (A double-under is a jump rope exercise. You turn the rope for two rotations in one single jump. So you jump once and while you are in the air the rope cycles twice instead of just once like regular jump rope.) FRIDAY: Booty Lift Perform four rounds of this routine. Lunges: 5 repetitions on each leg Inchworms: 10 repetitions Toe Touches: 10 repetitions on each leg Jump Squats: 10 repetitions MONDAY: Double Your Fun Perform four rounds of this routine. Set a timer for 16 minutes and try to do all four rounds before it goes off. Sexy Back Push-ups: 6 repetitions Jump Squats: 10 repetitions on each side Sit-ups: 20 repetitions Jumping Jacks: 40 repetitions WEDNESDAY: Let Your Hair Loose Timed sequence: Set a timer for 10 minutes and perform the following round as many times as you can before it goes off. Mountain Climbers: 20 repetitions as fast as you can Hamstring Rollouts: 7 repetitions as fast as you can Pike Push-ups: 5 repetitions FRIDAY: Get Dirty with It Perform five rounds of this routine. Floor Wipers: 5 repetitions Clapping Push-ups: 7 repetitions Jump Squats: 10 repetitions MONDAY: Sweat Like an Animal Timed sequence: Set a timer for 6 minutes and perform the following round as many times as you can before it goes off. Burpees: 5 repetitions as fast as you can Lunges: 10 repetitions as fast as you can Squats: 15 repetitions as fast as you can WEDNESDAY: Max Your Effort Perform three rounds of this routine. Rest one minute between each round. Round 1: V-ups: 30 Left Single-Leg Squat: 20 repetitions Right Single-Leg Squat: 20 repetitions Round 2: V-ups: 20 repetitions Left Single-Leg Squat: 15 repetitions Right Single-Leg Squat: 15 repetitions Round 3: V-ups: 10 repetitions Left Single-Leg Squat: 10 repetitions Right Single-Leg Squat: 10 repetitions FRIDAY: Beach Body Aspirations Perform five rounds of this routine. Sky Humpers: 10 repetitions Bench Dips: 12 repetitions Bicycle: 20 repetitions MONDAY: I Dip, You Dip, We Dip Perform five rounds of this routine. Rest 30 seconds between each round. Floor Wipers: 10 repetitions Bench Dips: 20 repetitions Lunges: One, hold lunge in the lunge position for 45 seconds. If you have to adjust, the time stops and restarts when you start your lunge again. WEDNESDAY: Core Basics Timed sequence: Set a timer for 10 minutes and perform the following round as many times as you can before it goes off. Hamstring Rollouts: 5 repetitions Pike Push-ups: 10 repetitions Sit-ups: 20 repetitions FRIDAY: Sculpt Me Booty-licious Timed sequence: Set a timer for 5 minutes and perform the following round as many times as you can before it goes off. Rest 2 minutes between each round. Jumping Lunges: 5 repetitions on each side Squats: 10 repetitions V-ups: 5 repetitions” 0 likes