Start by marking “Cuts Run Deep” as Want to Read:
Cuts Run Deep

Cuts Run Deep

Piper wakes up in the hospital with no recollection of how she got there. Only fragmented memories surface – her boyfriend Jackson on the ground covered in blood, Piper standing over him, her hands slick and red. Then she is told the awful truth: Jackson was killed the night she was injured, and she is the only witness.

If only she could remember what happened.

Piper searche
Published October 8th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Cuts Run Deep, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cuts Run Deep

Abbie
Mar 27, 2015 Abbie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
The characters in this were okay, and I did feel sorry for Piper at points, but I didn't love any of them.

The start of this was slightly confusing, as there was quite a few POV'S to take in at once. After all of the characters who had chapters from their point of view's were introduced though, it was fine.

This was an okay read, but it dragged at times. I wanted to know what happened at the end, but parts of the story made it seem like I'd never get to the end to find out.

Overall, An okay read
Mitsy
Dec 29, 2015 Mitsy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Intense, emotional, and essential YA novel.

Urgently recommended for teens and parents.

Highly recommended for everyone else.
Amanda Jensen
Sep 30, 2014 Amanda Jensen rated it it was amazing
Oh boy where do I start. Cuts Run Deep By Amber Garza was probably the most beautiful but tragic book. As I'm sitting her thinking about what to write I'm filled with so much emotion and I'm usually a person of words but this book has left me speechless so I will try to tell you without giving away spoilers

Jackson is your average High School jock, popular, loved by everyone, has the biggest heart and will go out of his way to help a friend or anyone in need. Until he meets Piper, than everything
Kim
Oct 03, 2014 Kim rated it it was amazing
HOLY SH*TBALLZ IT IS AMAZING!!! AWESOME!!! OMG I LOVED IT... Just the first few chapters I don't know HOW THE HELL YOU DID IT EMOTIONALLY writing this book. You have put a lot of emotions into this book and I have no clue how you did it cause of the content. No I don't want to give any spoilers and I don't want really give details into the book with the exception of bullying and suicide happens all to often and it needs to stop! I love how you incorparated all of it in the book with a great ...more
Aydrea
Oct 13, 2014 Aydrea rated it it was amazing
Oh man this book was freaking crazy, I was never sure exactly what was going to happen! I loved getting the story in flashbacks & the different POVs. This book is definitely an emotional one & touches on a lot of important issues, especially for teens. I applaud Garza for writing this book as I am sure it was as intense experience for her as it was for me to read it.
Erin Hurst
Oct 08, 2014 Erin Hurst rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-for-b-b
This book was such a great emotional gut wrenching raw read, I was pulled right in. Wonderfully written so you feel everything, grab a box of tissues.
Piper wakes up in the hospital hurt and covered in blood. She can’t remember what happened. She is soon told that her boyfriend Jackson has died and she was the last one with him. The book follows her trying to remember as well as taking a look back at their relationship. There is a lot of twists with Pipers past & the dynamics of Jacksons oth
Kristen
May 02, 2015 Kristen rated it really liked it
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review. Wow! I expected it to be a good story from the description but it sucked me in and then spit me out when I was done. It was an emotional rollercoaster that needed tissues but that also held you in suspense. I have never read any of Amber Garza's books before but I will definitely be doing so now.
Brey
Mar 30, 2015 Brey rated it it was ok
Rowena
Oct 16, 2014 Rowena rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-2014
Kristina Snyder
Oct 09, 2014 Kristina Snyder rated it really liked it
Cuts Run Deep was a tragic yet beautiful story. This is one of those stories that will stay with you for a while. I still can't let it go. What happened in Cuts Run Deep happens everyday in life. All the time. And it shows you how one little decision or one little mistake can be a catalyst for worse things to come. How unhealthy relationships can change a person for the worse and ruin not only them,but everyone around them. This is a story that everyone can relate to in one way or another. Amber ...more
Rae Sontheyon
Jan 03, 2016 Rae Sontheyon rated it it was amazing
Beautifully Crafted Tragic Read . . .

Keep tissues handy, because Amber Garza knows how to craft a beautiful yet tragic story of love and its complexities. A reader is pulled in from the start by a narrative of a journal narrative, but is then shuffled through other characters perspectives to enhance the stories emotions. I couldn't stop reading even when the inevitable ending drew near.

Centered around the tragedy of Jackson's death, everyone is asking the question of what happened? The person
Gladys Gonzales Atwell
Oct 10, 2014 Gladys Gonzales Atwell rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nerdgirlofficial
*I was given a copy of this book by the author for an honest review*

AND HONEST I SHALL BE…

It’s often asked of a blogger to name a book that you would like to forget just so you could re-read it again and experience it one more time. I would honestly have to say it’s Amber Garza’s, Cut’s Run Deep.

Not because it was a romantic love story that made you swoon because it wasn’t. It was so hauntingly beautiful that I nearly lost all my tears reading it. The novel tackled real life issues that were o
Kim Walker
Oct 07, 2014 Kim Walker rated it it was amazing
*I received this book in exchange for an honest review*

Wow. I was not able to put this book down once I started reading it. Ms. Garza has once again delivered a book worth remembering and that will hit you to the core.

The story follows multiple points of views, but mainly Piper and Jackson’s. Piper wakes up in the hospital, not knowing how she ended up there, but finding out that her boyfriend, Jackson, was killed. How could she not remember what happened that night? What fateful events could h
Jenn
Oct 13, 2014 Jenn rated it it was amazing
This book is simply phenomenal! Once I started reading I was unable to put this book down, until I had devoured it in one sitting. Amber Garza has once again delivered an emotional powerhouse that will hit you hard and leave you wanting more.

This story follows many points of view; however, the main ones are of Piper and Jackson. When Piper wakes up in the hospital, not knowing how she got there, her world is shattered beyond belief when she finds out that her boyfriend, Jackson, was killed. How
Megan
Oct 19, 2014 Megan rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite book of Amber's so far. She is a master of romantic suspense, and I always look forward to these types of novels from her. That said, this is different not only from her previous suspenses, but from anything out there. And different in an incredibly amazing way. From the way the story is told from alternating points of view from multiple subjects to the story itself, it's uniquely beautiful, heartbreaking, and tragic.

I can't even begin to describe the emotions I felt when rea
Jana
Nov 12, 2015 Jana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow. Was not expecting that.

This was a good book. Yes, there are about 4 different characters you need to keep up with, but the chapters are really short and I felt that kept it easy to follow along.

Not really a satisfied on how it ended. I don't want to say too much to ruin it. But I would have preferred it different. However, the book was still pretty amazing just the same. Refreshingly different- in a good way.
Rachel L
Mar 21, 2015 Rachel L rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Story

This is a different type of relationship book. It's a mystery where you have the pieces, but have to put it together. I liked getting to know Piper, Jackson, Tyler, Courtney in their own way. It made it more satisfying and heartbreaking. Great read...you won't want to put it down!
Kylie Frankel
Oct 05, 2014 Kylie Frankel rated it it was amazing
I couldn't read fast enough. WOW! I am still trying to process this book. I feel this is Amber's best book yet. So much emotion and feelings were put into this book. Bullying is very real and I feel that Amber made more people aware of bullying. This will be a book people will enjoy! Well done Amber!
Nina Juarez
Oct 17, 2014 Nina Juarez rated it really liked it
with multiple povs it was hard to really connect with all the characters but at the same time I liked knowing what all of them thought.
Tina Van Egeren
Dec 31, 2014 Tina Van Egeren rated it really liked it
WOW! Let me say the writing and story telling was fabulous. - This book is so real, relevant and heart breaking. My heart hurt when I finished this one...
Lee
Mar 26, 2016 Lee rated it it was amazing
I had to cheat and flip to the end. It had my guts in emotional knots....and I still cried like crazy even though I knew what was coming.
Glover
Glover rated it did not like it
Apr 23, 2015
Kelly
Kelly rated it liked it
Oct 10, 2014
leivy
leivy rated it liked it
Nov 15, 2016
Faizan
Faizan rated it liked it
Aug 05, 2015
Kayla Bertsch
Kayla Bertsch rated it it was ok
Oct 29, 2014
Wendy
Wendy rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2015
Marianne
Marianne rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2015
Melanie
Oct 13, 2014 Melanie rated it really liked it
Such an eye opening yet heartbreaking read. Thoroughly ripped my heart to shreds.
JM
JM rated it really liked it
Oct 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
  • The Faith Dare: 30 Days to Live Your Life to the Fullest
  • Kilingiri
  • Daughters of the Dust
  • Perpetua: A Bride, a Martyr, a Passion
  • Persecuted: I Will Not Be Silent
  • Never say Forever (Never series #1)
  • No Greatness Without Goodness: How a Father's Love Changed a Company and Sparked a Movement
  • Stranded
  • Snow-Storm in August: Washington City, Francis Scott Key, and the Forgotten Race Riot of 1835
  • Homeless at Harvard: Finding Faith and Friendship on the Streets of Harvard Square
  • Praying for Strangers: An Adventure of the Human Spirit
  • A Sweetness to the Soul (Dreamcatcher)
  • Dave Barry's Book of Bad Songs
  • The Donor, Parts 1-3
  • Betraying Innocence
  • A Part to Play
  • Veil of Secrecy (Shadows, #1)
  • The Lion Kings: The Complete Novel
Amber Garza lives in California with her amazing husband and two hilarious children who provide her with enough material to keep her writing for years.
More about Amber Garza...