Start by marking “Loving a Fairy Godmother (Fairy Tales & Ever Afters, #1)” as Want to Read:
Loving a Fairy Godmother (Fairy Tales & Ever Afters, #1)

Loving a Fairy Godmother (Fairy Tales & Ever Afters #1)

Alternate Cover Edition

Once upon a Time, in a Kingdom that was just a little twisted (oh yeah, and kinda far away), Fairy Godmothers Rule! Elf Kings drool, and a Knight was having a bad time with a Dragon.

Too bad he didn't realize the Dragon would be the least strange part of his day...

Fairy GodMOTHER. As in female - it's right there in the name. With those divine dimples,
Published June 13th 2013 by Romantic Geek Publishing (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Loving a Fairy Godmother, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Loving a Fairy Godmother

Laura V.
Tiernan y Reina, han pasado décadas evitándose. Reina es la típica mujer que juzga a todos los hombres por los errores de uno solo, y Tiernan es bastante cute. No entiendo bien qué es lo que lo mueve tanto para estar tras ella todos esos años, pero hacia el final, cuando están juntos es casi lindo.

El plus de Cenicienta fue gracioso. Si el resto de las historias son así, ya me tienen enganchada.
Susana
Like other reviewer said, i have to mention, that this story strongest point its the basic concept of it: The idea of a fairy Godfather in a world of Fairy Godmothers.

“Tiernan, you better prepare yourself, because you are going to cause quite a commotion as the first ever Fairy Godfather.”

Unfortunately i didn't like the way it was executed. For starters, i didn't like the colloquial dialogues:

“Could you cut me some slack considering the almost dying thing?”

Reina also heard that she’d offered a b
Jess the Romanceaholic
This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.

Expected Release Date: May 2, 2012
Publisher: Romantic Geek Publishing
Imprint: N/A
Author’s Website: http://www.daniellemonsch.com
My Source for This Book: Gift from the author
Part of a Series: No
Series Best Read In Order: N/A
Steam Level: Steamy
Pet Peeves: Exhibitionism (Minor)
Favorite Tropes: Unexpected Hero, Enemies To Lovers, Classics Retold

Overall, this was a fun, flirty take on an old classic, and I really enjoyed it
Lisa
Feb 01, 2012 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Danielle Monsch's imaginative tale of love and romance between a Fairy Godmother and the only Fairy Godfather has the perfect mixture of fairy tale, fantasy and a steamy romance. I was fascinated by the creative twist on fairy tale, which points out some of the human sides of the stories that get ignored or glossed over in children's versions; the issues of sex, physical attraction, and whether or not happily ever after can be had without something more than true love. I grew to love the ...more
Morgan
I received this book from Netgalley as part of a multi-work collection (Once Upon A Fairy Tale: A Collection of 11 Fairy Tale Inspired Romances) in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Yup. Humans don't have blubber.

Or humanoids. Whatever.

He's not a whale shifter.

DNF as of the second sentence. I think that's a land speed record.

Nereid
Jun 14, 2014 Nereid rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sexy revamp of the old fairytales with a twist and this author does not disappoint. Plenty of the traditional tale is left in though the sexy undercurrents are more appealing to adult readers and it spices things up quite a bit. I loved her "Stone Guardian" and thought I would give these books a whirl but I am not really a huge fan of novellas. I really enjoyed this book and I am off to the read the others in the series now.
Jenna
Apr 21, 2013 Jenna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-stars
I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed this twisted re-telling of "Cinderella" mixed with a new take on the land of Fairy Godmothers (and Godfathers). Right off the bat I enjoyed the sexual tension between Tiernan and Reina. I always love a good story that starts out with one party being infatuated with the other, and the second party either being oblivious, or very aware of the fact, but not willing to engage. In Tiernan and Reina's case it was the latter. Reina disapproves of the fact that ...more
Gaylin Walli
May 01, 2012 Gaylin Walli rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Given the number of times I've successfully chosen books with fairy tale tropes, I had high hopes that this one would sit comfortably in the "I need a Happily Ever After" category. I got my Happily Ever After (HEA), but it was so hurried that I had little time to savor it. I'll confess I tried reading this book a good three times before I could successfully start it. A rough patch at work, a few tough classes, and not enough time all contributed to the false starts.. I'm actually glad I kept ...more
Alexandra Aguirre
Mar 24, 2016 Alexandra Aguirre rated it really liked it
Bueno, a decir verdad, el punto clave para comenzar a leer este libro fue la sinopsis, porque ¿se han dado cuenta de cuán extraña y al mismo tiempo llamativa es?
Pues bien, la verdad es que yo pensé que toda la historia iría por el mismo estilo y aunque no fue así no me siento para nada decepcionada. Ya es verdad que algunos momentos son un poco locos, otros un poco serios, y demás; pero a mí en general esta mezcla me ha encantado y dejado con ganas de más.
En esta historia nos encontramos con d
Linda
Feb 15, 2013 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Tiernan is one of a kind. Beyond the divine dimples, killer blue eyes, and hard muscled body, Tiernan is also the only Fairy Godfather.”
“Amongst Fairy Godmothers, Reina is the best. Organized, efficient, logical.”
Tiernan is about to lose his Godfather status because of his lack of producing HEAs (Happily Ever Afters). Reina is sent with him on his mission to run interference in case the Fairy King tries to sabotage his mission to get Cinderella her HEA. Little do either of them know that Sara,
Melliane
Oct 12, 2014 Melliane rated it liked it
3.5/5

Mon avis en Français

My English review

I was very curious when I saw this novel. I must say that the mix between fairy tales that we know and godmothers were bound to be interesting. I did not know what format it was, but I was surprised to see that it was a fairly short novel, but it’s also nice because we can read the whole thing pretty quickly.

This story highlights two stories in parallel. First, we have the story of Tiernan revolutionizing the world of fairies as it’s only reserved to wo
Meigan
Cute. Fairytale remade for adults, but still has some nods to the "classic" Cinderella story.

Tiernan is a Fairy Godfather because of a wish he made. He now works with the Godmothers and one in particular wishes he were anywhere but with them. Reina isn't a fan, she would rather they had stuck to tradition instead of allowing a Godfather to enter their ranks. Despite her dislike towards him, he still has the eyes for her. They are forced to work together on a very special and important HEA case i
Got Romance!  Reviews
Other: n/a
Reviewer: Brecken Stevens
Date: October 12, 2011

3.5 Stars

When Tiernan made the wish to be a fairy godfather, he had no idea what it all meant. Reina, one of the head fairies never warmed up to Tiernan, but maybe that’s because she secretly lusted after the unorthodox fairy. Affirming Tiernan among
Cornelia
Oct 17, 2013 Cornelia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The knight, Tiernan end ups with an incompetent Fairy Godmother, who gets him killed by a dragon. When’s he’s dying, the only way she can save his life is to grant him a wish. What does he wish for? Well, Tiernan wishes to be a Fairy Godfather. There has never been a fairy Godfather before Tiernan. But the Fairy Godmother’s don’t’ mind, they are smitten with him, all except Reina. She continues to push for his relocation. When it looks like Tierman may finally have to leave the Fairy Godmothers ...more
Mary Lou Hoffman
Sep 25, 2014 Mary Lou Hoffman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 16+
Tiernan is the only Fairy Godfather in the business. Thirty years after his wish has made him the only Fairy Godfather in the business, the Elf King has ordered him to produce an HEA or be returned to his human form, which is seconds from dying! Reina is assigned to assist him in reaching the HEA for Cinderella, but not to interfere. After thirty years of waiting, Tiernan is ready to win two HEAs.

This was a re-spun telling of the classic Cinderella story with more of an emphasis on the Fairy God
Linda
Oh my! A HOT very original retold Cinderella Fairy Tale! I'll never think of Cinderella the same again! Danielle Monsch's imagination truly knows no bounds! I was totally blown away by her story-telling and the tale's twists and turns left me in awe!

This book introduces us to Tiernan, a knight, who is in the process of dying thanks to his incompetent fairy godmother. She grants him one last wish and his wish is to become a fairy godfather. He is granted that wish and interns under Reina, who obv
Natalie
This is the seventh story in the Once Upon A Fairy Tale: A Collection of 11 Fairy Tale Inspired Romances anthology; that I got from NetGally for review; and it’s one of the better ones so far.

I’m still not in love with it, because it’s another one that just feels too much like a contemporary romance. It’s about a knight who wishes to be a fairy godmother [this comes about in a strange way…]. He then has to help out Cinderella with the help of another unwilling fairy godmother. It’s sorta strang
Elizabeth/snoopypeach
This was a great read! Danielle Monsch weaves a tale that wraps the reader in her world. Her views on the godmother/father story are interesting and a breath of fresh air. The way she bypasses the typical fairytale world and thoughts is engaging. I really liked Tiernan and Reina’s journey! If you’re looking for a different fairytale that will leave you hot for more then you’ll love this book!

Fairy Tales and Ever Afters: (twists on fairytales)
LOVING A FAIRY GODMOTHER Tiernan/Reina)
LOVING AN UG
Stella Wilkinson
Nov 09, 2013 Stella Wilkinson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really struggled over whether to give this a three or a four. So it's actually 3.5.

The bad: It was a concept that didnt grip me. The fairy godmother land isnt gone into enough to make you care and I nearly stopped reading a couple of times.

The good: It's well written, I definitely got that Tiernan was a man we all want, you cant help falling for him. Reina is also very likable and it's obvious how they both feel.

Overall, I just wish I was a bit more smitten than I was. I liked the ending very
Jane
Jan 14, 2016 Jane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent read!

Parts of the story felt rushed, but even at novella length it was complete. Handsome knight, stubborn fairy godmother. Absolutely fun, with the right amount of drama to keep it interesting.
A few typos, things like an instead of and.
The only bad note, the characters used a short hand and while it only took a minute to figure out, if they had started them in Tiernan's perspective the explanation could have been included.

Over all excellent story, I would highly recommend this.
Mindy (Naughty Book Snitch)
Very interesting short story from a Fairy Godmothers POV. I really enjoyed this and cannot wait to read the rest of the series. The only thing I didn't like is that it was too short and because of that I was a little lost in the beginning. I didn't realize that Tiernans training took 30 years and that he had feelings for Reina the entire time.

The sex was great and I really liked both characters. I also loved the Cinderella twist.
Alexandra
Jan 08, 2016 Alexandra rated it it was amazing
Delightful new spin on fairy godmothers - I really liked the whole bunch but most of all our dynamic duo here, forced to work together and save a fairytale princess from her sad sad fate, with hilarious banter and very romantic in-betweens, lovingly pictured in a world of dreams and rainbows with big emotions and quite some twists. I love fairy tales, especially when they are all grown up and play with what I knew as a child so perfectly as it is done here. Can't wait to read more!
Eva Millien
Oct 19, 2014 Eva Millien rated it it was amazing
The author has created a charming and fun fairy tale world that captivates readers with sassy fairy godmothers and deep romances. The story is full of passion and serious issues but with a little fun and a twist on the everyday fairy tale. I was completely enchanted from the very beginning of the story and I can’t wait to read the next one.

4 STARS

See my review of Fairy Tales and Ever Afters, Books 1 & 2 at:
Kyra Dunst
Jan 31, 2014 Kyra Dunst rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love a good twist on an old tale, and this remix of Cinderella was wonderfully done. Introducing a Fairy Godfather is a unique twist on the fairy role in the story. The naughty bits may be too much for some audiences, but they were working into the plot so well that they were not merely afterthoughts or there just for the sake of steaming it up. I enjoyed reading this story, and look forward to reading more from this author.
Jennifer Erwin
Apr 05, 2015 Jennifer Erwin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got this in the Once Upon A Fairy Tale box set. This was a nice spin to the fairy tale genre in general. A knight (in not so shining armor) has an imbecile for a fairy godmother so his last wish is to become a fairy godmother himself. I really enjoyed this and look forward to seeing more in this series from this author.
Shh I'm reading!
Oct 15, 2013 Shh I'm reading! rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
This was such a sweet and sexy short story that the dissonance between the dialogue and the time period did not bother me like it usually does. It's the first tale I've read in awhile that I finished with a smile on my face and that alone is worth 3 stars. That I'm looking forward to another tale from Danielle Monsch? Another star.
Lyndi
Oct 19, 2013 Lyndi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Freebie for Kindle.

Not much to say about this one. It was good, but not great. It was an interesting concept that may have worked better as a full length novel with a bit more conflict. Some seriously underhanded stuff is suggested - it might happen, but never does. This had a lot of promise and didn't fully deliver. But I still enjoyed it, so it gets 4 stars.
Lisa Lopez
Jan 31, 2014 Lisa Lopez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this is not the fairy tales you read as a child. These are all grown up and you must be 18 or older to read and make sure you have some ice water near by since you may overheat. Yes this is erotica with a very good story as well!
Calisto
Very cute concept but the storytelling aspect didn't quite come off. There was a lot more to this story that just wasn't told and I felt that really took away from the whole story.

Cute bit of fluff especially if you're at the gym on the elliptical.
Traci
This was a light, quick read with a bit of a spin on the fairy godmother (and father) angle, as well as the Cinderella angle. It was entertaining but there was not a lot of depth to the plot and it could have been longer. I would almost mark this a novella, really. Still a fun read, though!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Hook's Pan (Kingdom, #5)
  • Super Bad (Superlovin', #2)
  • The Sea Queen (The Dark Queens, #1)
  • Goldilocks (Modern Wicked Fairy Tales)
  • Iloria (And the Beast, #3)
  • Beauty and the Wolf (The Cursed Princes, #1)
  • Pentimento
  • Goons 'n' Roses (Chanel, #2)
  • Along Came a Spider (Transplanted Tales, #3)
  • Slay Belles (Blackbird Sisters Mystery, #7.5)
  • Queen Cinder (Shards of the Glass Slipper, #1)
  • Jaq's Harp (Future Tales, #1)

Born to the pothole ridden streets of Pittsburgh, PA, USA Today Bestselling author Danielle Monsch started writing in a time long ago, a time when there were not enough vampire stories to read and she had to write her own to fill the void. Yes, such a time of darkness did indeed exist.

Danielle writes stories full of fantastical goodness and plenty of action, but always with lots of romance (and a
More about Danielle Monsch...

Fairy Tales & Ever Afters (4 books)
  • Loving an Ugly Beast (Fairy Tales & Ever Afters, #2)
  • Loving a Prince Charming (Fairy Tales & Ever Afters, #3)
  • Loving a Perfect Princess (Fairy Tales & Ever Afters, #4)