Start by marking “Dream Dinners: Turn Dinnertime into Family Time with 100 Assemble-and-Freeze Meals” as Want to Read:

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  47 ratings  ·  8 reviews
"What's for dinner?"

If the sound of those three words sends you reeling or, worse, straight to the nearest fast-food chain or take-out joint, then relax. Dream Dinners will change all that forever.

With their new cookbook, Stephanie Allen and Tina Kuna, founders of Dream Dinners, bring the successful philosophy behind their hundreds of assemble-and-freeze-meal stores across
Published August 29th 2006 by William Morrow Cookbooks (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Dream Dinners, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dream Dinners

Rochelle
Nov 17, 2007 Rochelle rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: busy moms
Unique things about this cookbook:

- gives quantities for ingredients for a single dinner, and also for 3 dinners, so you could make 1 for dinner tonight, and freeze 2 for later. Gives good instructions on freezing meals and cooking at a later date.

- the recipes are unique and not your ordinary "condensed cream soup on chicken". So far I made Reuban Casserole, Pumpkin Ice Box cake, and Black Bean and Rice Salad. All of them were really good and definitely something new.

Looking forward to trying m
Emily
My personal preference is for cookbooks that have pictures for each recipe, but I'm looking forward to trying quite a few of the recipes - I marked almost a third of the 100 in the book as sounding yummy and worth attempting. It's helpful to know that these recipes will work when frozen and several look to have the potential to become regulars on our family menu rotation.

There were numerous typographical errors in the recipes (go to their website here for corrected copies of 23 of the recipes) a
Marsena Dufresne
Some of these recipes are truly fabulous and I love being able to pull dinner out of the freezer. There are mistakes in the book, however, so using the recipes calls for using common sense, and I also found corrections listed on their website (you have to search for the corrections; they don't advertise the fact that 45 of the recipes had mistakes!). The concept and the basic recipes are solid enough that I'm willing to laugh at the horrible editing job.
Jennifer Fluegge
While I have not done a full OAMC session, I have enjoyed several recipes in particular from this cookbook--My Big Dream Greek Pasta and Five Spice Grilled Chicken. There are plenty of other recipes in this book that I would like to try out...once I find the time. :-)
Maureen
The recipes in this book were disappointing. Not much like what you get at Dream Dinners although there were a few good recipes.
Jolyn
Found a number of good recipes in this one. I liked how it attempted to cut back on unnecessary fat in ingredients.
Melissa
excellent freezer cooking cookbook. My favorite recipes are the Kielbasa Bean Soup and Spicy Lime Chicken.
Becky
I can't wait to try this out with some of my friends.
Amy D.
Amy D. added it
Apr 05, 2015
Sandi
Sandi marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2015
M Roberts
M Roberts marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
Davis Library
Davis Library marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Donnisha Jones
Donnisha Jones marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Mark Steward
Mark Steward marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Alanna
Alanna marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Andrea Glassman
Andrea Glassman marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Heather Anderson
Heather Anderson marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
A Place between Stations: Stories Touch of Happiness Doing It All Isn't Everything: A Woman's Guide to Harmony and Empowerment The Hour That Matters Most: The Surprising Power of the Family Meal Zombie Survival Crew Undead Uncensored