Start by marking “Dream Dinners: Turn Dinnertime into Family Time with 100 Assemble-and-Freeze Meals” as Want to Read:

"What's for dinner?"

If the sound of those three words sends you reeling or, worse, straight to the nearest fast-food chain or take-out joint, then relax. Dream Dinners will change all that forever.

With their new cookbook, Stephanie Allen and Tina Kuna, founders of Dream Dinners, bring the successful philosophy behind their hundreds of assemble-and-freeze-meal stores across
Published August 29th 2006 by William Morrow Cookbooks (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Dream Dinners, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dream Dinners

Nov 17, 2007 Rochelle rated it liked it
Recommends it for: busy moms
Unique things about this cookbook:

- gives quantities for ingredients for a single dinner, and also for 3 dinners, so you could make 1 for dinner tonight, and freeze 2 for later. Gives good instructions on freezing meals and cooking at a later date.

- the recipes are unique and not your ordinary "condensed cream soup on chicken". So far I made Reuban Casserole, Pumpkin Ice Box cake, and Black Bean and Rice Salad. All of them were really good and definitely something new.

Looking forward to trying m
Mar 07, 2009 Emily rated it liked it
My personal preference is for cookbooks that have pictures for each recipe, but I'm looking forward to trying quite a few of the recipes - I marked almost a third of the 100 in the book as sounding yummy and worth attempting. It's helpful to know that these recipes will work when frozen and several look to have the potential to become regulars on our family menu rotation.

There were numerous typographical errors in the recipes (go to their website here for corrected copies of 23 of the recipes) a
susan wippich
Pretty simplistic.

Nothing special with these recipes. Very plain, boring in my estimation. Use Pinterest instead; save yourself the money. Seriously 20 words?
Marsena Dufresne
Sep 04, 2007 Marsena Dufresne rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-again
Some of these recipes are truly fabulous and I love being able to pull dinner out of the freezer. There are mistakes in the book, however, so using the recipes calls for using common sense, and I also found corrections listed on their website (you have to search for the corrections; they don't advertise the fact that 45 of the recipes had mistakes!). The concept and the basic recipes are solid enough that I'm willing to laugh at the horrible editing job.
Jennifer Fluegge
Apr 08, 2009 Jennifer Fluegge rated it it was amazing
While I have not done a full OAMC session, I have enjoyed several recipes in particular from this cookbook--My Big Dream Greek Pasta and Five Spice Grilled Chicken. There are plenty of other recipes in this book that I would like to try out...once I find the time. :-)
Apr 02, 2008 Maureen rated it it was ok
The recipes in this book were disappointing. Not much like what you get at Dream Dinners although there were a few good recipes.
Mar 06, 2008 Jolyn rated it really liked it
Found a number of good recipes in this one. I liked how it attempted to cut back on unnecessary fat in ingredients.
excellent freezer cooking cookbook. My favorite recipes are the Kielbasa Bean Soup and Spicy Lime Chicken.
Nov 29, 2011 Becky rated it it was amazing
I can't wait to try this out with some of my friends.
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2016
Virginia Smith
Virginia Smith rated it did not like it
Sep 18, 2016
HappyCookbooker marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Bethany rated it really liked it
Jun 06, 2016
beverly D scioneaux
beverly D scioneaux rated it it was amazing
Mar 30, 2016
Jennifer Cassell
Jennifer Cassell rated it it was ok
Mar 08, 2016
Finn rated it liked it
Aug 22, 2016
Vita marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2016
Kim Kibort
Kim Kibort rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2015
Frances E. Wilson
Frances E. Wilson rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2015
Mary Lee
Mary Lee marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2015
Laundrylady rated it liked it
Nov 16, 2015
Karen marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2015
Lisa Spiegel
Lisa Spiegel rated it really liked it
Oct 26, 2015
Eva Dietz
Eva Dietz rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2015
Laurie Langley
Laurie Langley rated it did not like it
Jul 17, 2015
Brooke added it
Jun 13, 2015
Nann rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2015