Dream Dinners: Turn Dinnertime into Family Time with 100 Assemble-and-Freeze Meals

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  37 ratings  ·  8 reviews
"What's for dinner?"

If the sound of those three words sends you reeling or, worse, straight to the nearest fast-food chain or take-out joint, then relax. Dream Dinners will change all that forever.

With their new cookbook, Stephanie Allen and Tina Kuna, founders of Dream Dinners, bring the successful philosophy behind their hundreds of assemble-and-freeze-meal stores across...more
Published August 29th 2006 by William Morrow Cookbooks

Rochelle
Nov 17, 2007 Rochelle rated it 3 of 5 stars Recommends it for: busy moms
Unique things about this cookbook:

- gives quantities for ingredients for a single dinner, and also for 3 dinners, so you could make 1 for dinner tonight, and freeze 2 for later. Gives good instructions on freezing meals and cooking at a later date.

- the recipes are unique and not your ordinary "condensed cream soup on chicken". So far I made Reuban Casserole, Pumpkin Ice Box cake, and Black Bean and Rice Salad. All of them were really good and definitely something new.

Looking forward to trying m...more
Emily
My personal preference is for cookbooks that have pictures for each recipe, but I'm looking forward to trying quite a few of the recipes - I marked almost a third of the 100 in the book as sounding yummy and worth attempting. It's helpful to know that these recipes will work when frozen and several look to have the potential to become regulars on our family menu rotation.

There were numerous typographical errors in the recipes (go to their website here for corrected copies of 23 of the recipes) a...more
Marsena Dufresne
Some of these recipes are truly fabulous and I love being able to pull dinner out of the freezer. There are mistakes in the book, however, so using the recipes calls for using common sense, and I also found corrections listed on their website (you have to search for the corrections; they don't advertise the fact that 45 of the recipes had mistakes!). The concept and the basic recipes are solid enough that I'm willing to laugh at the horrible editing job.
Jennifer Fluegge
While I have not done a full OAMC session, I have enjoyed several recipes in particular from this cookbook--My Big Dream Greek Pasta and Five Spice Grilled Chicken. There are plenty of other recipes in this book that I would like to try out...once I find the time. :-)
Maureen
The recipes in this book were disappointing. Not much like what you get at Dream Dinners although there were a few good recipes.
Jolyn
Found a number of good recipes in this one. I liked how it attempted to cut back on unnecessary fat in ingredients.
Melissa
excellent freezer cooking cookbook. My favorite recipes are the Kielbasa Bean Soup and Spicy Lime Chicken.
Becky
I can't wait to try this out with some of my friends.
Samantha Trunz
Samantha Trunz marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
Ten B.
Ten B. added it
Apr 06, 2014
Laura added it
Mar 18, 2014
Ulrike
Ulrike marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2013
Melissa
Melissa is currently reading it
Oct 10, 2013
Darren
Darren added it
Mar 12, 2013
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2013
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2013
Sreevidhya
Sreevidhya marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2013
Marnie  Sferrazza North
Marnie Sferrazza North marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2011
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2011
« previous 1 3 next »
A Place between Stations: Stories Doing It All Isn't Everything: A Woman's Guide to Harmony and Empowerment Dream Dinners Dream Dinners tm Place between Stations