Start by marking “Fit or Fat?” as Want to Read:
Fit or Fat?

Fit or Fat?

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  78 ratings  ·  12 reviews
A new way to health and fitness through nutrition and aerobic exercise.
Published August 31st 1978 by Mariner Books (first published January 1st 1978)

To ask other readers questions about Fit or Fat?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fit or Fat?

Shari
Wrong wrong wrong. Mr. Bailey says to reduce fat to lose weight, but we now know this is incorrect. As fat consumption has gone down in America, obesity has gone up. Fat slows the movement of food from your stomach so you feel full longer, increases satiety so you are satisfied, and decreases your appetite not only during your meal, but also at the NEXT meal. It also helps to stabilize your blood sugar and prevent insulin spikes which cause weight gain and all sorts of unsavory side effects. At ...more
Taffey Champion
I absolutely loved this book. Covert Bailey has helped to greatly increase my knowledge on how to get fit and healthy for life. I already was winning "the battle of the bulge" and he has helped me continue to do so with this empowering literary work of art.
Jessica Wright
A great basic level start to fitness and nutrition. Having been published in the 70's, newer studies are available, but the basics are there and still valid! A quick 100 page read that should be required in high school and college so people have rudimentary knowledge!
Yolanda
This book made sense to me. I found myself agreeing with the author about how exercise is so important, not only in losing weight, but just in general. What you eat is also important, but when I am following a strict diet, I always gain the weight back when I stop eating according to whatever diet it is. Exercise changes the way your body uses the calories so you can have more flexibility in your diet. Just from personal experience, I have always lost weight easier when I exercise and this book ...more
Steve Scott
I don't really agree anymore with Bailey's ideas concerning nutrition. For a young, healthy, lean and active individual, his prescription might work. He is a big advocate of exercise, though. That's a plus.
Katy Mann
Read this one years ago. Helped me to reset my thinking, getting the focus off of food, and onto getting outside and doing something.
MVV
The ultimate first book you should read before any other fitness or diet books. Pure empirical science.
Bill Leach
Main thesis is that long periods of activity at medium levels of exercise are the best for burning fat.
Mark Tilchen
A reality check on what it really takes to lose weight by understanding how the human body functions.
Gail
Jun 14, 2010 Gail rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone with a human body.
This book is filled with bottom line basics. A great guide for getting and staying fit.
David Schilling
Good guide to why you should exercise regularly. Convincing.
Joe
This book formed the basis for how I eat and exercise.
Stephen Kan
Stephen Kan marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Zack
Zack marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Fred Paille
Fred Paille marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Todd Sheridan
Todd Sheridan marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
Mohamed
Mohamed marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2014
Crugee
Crugee added it
Dec 23, 2013
510 marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
New Fit or Fat 91 Pa Smart Exercise: Burning Fat, Getting Fit The Ultimate Fit or Fat The Fit or Fat Woman The Fit or Fat Target Diet