The Complete Guide to the Music of the "Beach Boys" (The Complete Guide to the Music Of...)

The Complete Guide to the Music of the "Beach Boys" (The Complete Guide to the Music of...)

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  9 ratings  ·  4 reviews
These definitive guides to the music of history's hottest bands examine every recorded song in each artist's catalog from the start to the end of their careers. All books have 8-page color photo sections and are shaped like a CD box, designed to fit alongside your CD collection.
Published April 1st 1997 by Omnibus Press (first published March 1997)

Be the first to ask a question about The Complete Guide to the Music of the "Beach Boys"

Paul
One of those many books on popular music that tell you in greater or lesser detail what you're hearing when you listen to this or that track like you didn't know and you had to be told like back in the 19th Century some white explorer would come to your village and tell you where you live because up until then you hadn't got a clue and you'd be saying to each other where are we? where are we?
Kirk
This is another song-for-song overview. I find I agree with a lot of the judgments here. It's also one of the few books on the BBs to give due attention to SUNFLOWER, probably their second-best album after PET SOUNDS. Definitely their great undiscovered gem. If there's one complaint here, it's that whoever laid out the photographs paid little attention to the text---you'll have a pic from the 1980s slapped up a song from the 70s. Continuity, people, continuity!
Dan
Feb 01, 2008 Dan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Dan by: a gift from Pete
I constantly refer to this little book when listening in depth to my favorite band ever. It has track-by-track info on every one of their albums and some witty opinions, too.
Matthew Griffin

...come about hard and join the young and often spring you gave.
Bonnie
Bonnie marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2010
ABBA Gold: The Complete Story The Buddy Holly Story Who's Who in Rock & Roll Abba For The Record: The authorised story in words and pictures The Beatles