Start by marking “Song of Erin” as Want to Read:
Song of Erin

Song of Erin (Song of Erin #1 & 2)

In her own unique style, Hoff spins a panoramic story that crosses the ocean from Ireland to America, featuring two of her most memorable characters.
Published April 1st 2008 by Harvest House Publishers (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Song of Erin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Song of Erin

Mercy
Apr 14, 2012 Mercy rated it it was amazing
great book! You instantly fall in love with the characters! You get swept away in the story. A story about God's love and forgiveness!
Mom
Sep 26, 2008 Mom marked it as to-read
Historical Fiction and the author has done her research.
Tole
Sep 27, 2016 Tole rated it it was amazing
Excellent book.
Annette
Oct 12, 2015 Annette rated it it was amazing
Self-purchase

Summary:
The Song of Erin is a sweeping story with a large featured cast of characters (and their individual stories): Jack Kane, Brady Kane, Gabriel Vaughan, Terese Sheridan, Cavan Sheridan, David Leslie, Samantha Harte, and Roweena.
The characters are an assorted mix from all walks of life: a business man, artist, rogue, a fisherman, an Irish immigrant creating a life in America, an impressionable young woman, a deaf girl, a young American woman looking for employment, and a caring
Erin
Mar 01, 2010 Erin rated it did not like it
First---I really enjoyed the book. The reason why I rated it with one star is because part of the book was completely missing. From page 36?? something to 45? something there was a repeated section of the book instead of the actual correct chapters. It's agood thing this was a library book and I didn't have to pay for it! But it was good though I didn't get the whole story. I could glean what happened in the missing 50-100 pages.
Stacia
Jan 19, 2010 Stacia rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book, but have mixed feelings about it. I liked the Samantha/Jack storyline better than the Brady/Ireland storyline, although I did begin to enjoy Gabriel and Roweena more in the second book. Since this is like two books put into one, I definitely liked the second book better than the first and it kept my interest more than the first as well.
Lovelylady1994
May 28, 2013 Lovelylady1994 rated it it was amazing
I read this in three days one summer in middle school. I was up at a camp with my parents, and despite all the fun activities there were to engage myself in, I literally couldn't put this book down. One I would definitely recommend reading, especially if the person has a good amount of time to dedicate to it.
Cherilee
Sep 29, 2011 Cherilee rated it liked it
The endings of books can really drive me crazy! You have 300 or more pages building up a climax to resolve in less than 10 pages?!? That is my only complaint with this book - a lot of character and climaxing building to be resolved much to quickly and not in a sufficient manner in my opinion. Otherwise this book would have been 4 stars.
Patty
Feb 21, 2011 Patty added it
This book by BJ Hoff is set in an entirely different setting and has nothing that grabbed me in the first 5 pages so it is being shelved and returned to the library. I have learned that if it is hard to get me interested then I won't enjoy the book. I read for relaxation and to enjoy. So this will be marked as read but I barely started the book. Others might like it just not for me.
Vanessa
Apr 19, 2008 Vanessa rated it it was amazing
I love tales of emigration from Ireland. Both my grandparents emigrated in the early 1920's. This was one I couldn't put down. May be a little heavy on the christian fiction side for some, but a lovely story.
Hayden
Sep 23, 2014 Hayden rated it liked it
Bits of this one I liked, and bits I didn't. Not my favorite by the author, but not bad, either. I would warn others that it does deal with a lot of tough subjects, though. It shows a side of immigrant life that is decidedly not pretty, although realistic.
Tara Thompson carter
Jun 16, 2014 Tara Thompson carter rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite books written by BJ Hoff. Lived the characters and story line. Didn't want the story to end!
Tracy
Aug 05, 2008 Tracy rated it liked it
Love stories of the Irish. Started out slow but got better. Was sad the ending wrapped up in two pages. But overall, a good summer read
Nicole
Aug 21, 2008 Nicole rated it liked it
not as good as the other B.J Hoff series I've read, but still a fun read.I really detest Brady!! But I guess that's the point.
Kati
Oct 28, 2008 Kati rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Shannon, Mom
This is actually 2 novels published in one volume. They were originally published separately. Very good!
Angie
Angie rated it liked it
Nov 30, 2012
Melanie
Melanie rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2011
Kathy
Kathy rated it really liked it
Sep 25, 2008
Renee
Renee rated it it was amazing
Apr 21, 2011
Ashley
Ashley rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2013
Martin Gish
Martin Gish rated it it was amazing
Jun 13, 2016
Kelly Moll
Kelly Moll rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2013
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it liked it
Mar 08, 2014
Sharon
Sharon rated it really liked it
Dec 01, 2013
Danica
Danica rated it it was amazing
Aug 25, 2010
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2016
Kasha
Kasha rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2015
A. R. rated it liked it
May 02, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Dec 21, 2014 05:46AM
  • Two Destinies (Secrets of the Cross Trilogy #3)
  • Love Finds You in Tombstone, Arizona
  • Spring for Susannah
  • Mine Is the Night (Here Burns My Candle, #2)
  • The Invention of Sarah Cummings (Avenue of Dreams, #3)
  • The Convenient Bride Collection
  • Love Finds You in Maiden, North Carolina
  • A Rose Remembered (Secret of the Rose, #2)
  • Captured by Love (Michigan Brides, #3)
  • Hidden Affections (Hearts Along The River #3)
  • The Cautious Maiden (The Everstone Chronicles #4)
  • The Thorn Bearer (Penned in Time #1)
  • Love's Awakening (The Ballantyne Legacy, #2)
  • Not by Sight
  • Heirloom Brides: Button String Bride / Wedding Quilt Bride / Bayside Bride / Persistent Bride
  • Yankee in Atlanta (Heroines Behind the Lines, #3)
  • Winner Take All
  • Irish Lady
BJ Hoff’s bestselling historical novels continue to cross the boundaries of religion, language, and culture to capture a worldwide reading audience.

Her books include such popular series as The Riverhaven Years, The Mountain Song Legacy, Song of Erin, American Anthem, and An Emerald Ballad. Hoff’s stories, although set in the past, are always relevant to the present.

Whether her characters move ab
More about B.J. Hoff...