Song of Erin: Cloth of Heaven/Ashes and Lace (Song of Erin Series 1-2)

Song of Erin: Cloth of Heaven/Ashes and Lace (Song of Erin #1 & 2)

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  116 ratings  ·  15 reviews
The mysteries of the past confront the secrets of the present in bestselling author BJ Hoffs magnificent Song of Erin saga. In her own unique style, Hoff spins a panoramic story that crosses the
Published April 1st 2008 by Harvest House Publishers (first published 1997)

Mercy
great book! You instantly fall in love with the characters! You get swept away in the story. A story about God's love and forgiveness!
Mom
Sep 26, 2008 Mom marked it as to-read
Historical Fiction and the author has done her research.
Erin
First---I really enjoyed the book. The reason why I rated it with one star is because part of the book was completely missing. From page 36?? something to 45? something there was a repeated section of the book instead of the actual correct chapters. It's agood thing this was a library book and I didn't have to pay for it! But it was good though I didn't get the whole story. I could glean what happened in the missing 50-100 pages.
Patty
Feb 21, 2011 Patty added it
This book by BJ Hoff is set in an entirely different setting and has nothing that grabbed me in the first 5 pages so it is being shelved and returned to the library. I have learned that if it is hard to get me interested then I won't enjoy the book. I read for relaxation and to enjoy. So this will be marked as read but I barely started the book. Others might like it just not for me.
Stacia
I really enjoyed this book, but have mixed feelings about it. I liked the Samantha/Jack storyline better than the Brady/Ireland storyline, although I did begin to enjoy Gabriel and Roweena more in the second book. Since this is like two books put into one, I definitely liked the second book better than the first and it kept my interest more than the first as well.
Cherilee
The endings of books can really drive me crazy! You have 300 or more pages building up a climax to resolve in less than 10 pages?!? That is my only complaint with this book - a lot of character and climaxing building to be resolved much to quickly and not in a sufficient manner in my opinion. Otherwise this book would have been 4 stars.
Lovelylady1994
I read this in three days one summer in middle school. I was up at a camp with my parents, and despite all the fun activities there were to engage myself in, I literally couldn't put this book down. One I would definitely recommend reading, especially if the person has a good amount of time to dedicate to it.
Vanessa
I love tales of emigration from Ireland. Both my grandparents emigrated in the early 1920's. This was one I couldn't put down. May be a little heavy on the christian fiction side for some, but a lovely story.
Tracy
Love stories of the Irish. Started out slow but got better. Was sad the ending wrapped up in two pages. But overall, a good summer read
Nicole
not as good as the other B.J Hoff series I've read, but still a fun read.I really detest Brady!! But I guess that's the point.
Kati
Oct 28, 2008 Kati rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Shannon, Mom
This is actually 2 novels published in one volume. They were originally published separately. Very good!
Brittni Mccart
It was slow at first, but as i kept reading i got into the story and it was hard to put down.
Nancy
slow start but lots of good twists and engaging plot
556 pages long, (small print!)
Melissa
Jun 13, 2009 Melissa marked it as to-read
Need to get
Clara
Clara marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2014
Chris N
Chris N marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
Tweety
Tweety added it
Mar 21, 2014
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2014
Sarai
Sarai added it
Mar 16, 2014
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2014
Megan
Megan added it
Mar 04, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
BJ Hoff’s bestselling historical novels continue to cross the boundaries of religion, language, and culture to capture a worldwide reading audience.

Her books include such popular series as The Riverhaven Years, The Mountain Song Legacy, Song of Erin, American Anthem, and An Emerald Ballad. Hoff’s stories, although set in the past, are always relevant to the present.

Whether her characters move ab...more
More about B.J. Hoff...
Rachel's Secret (The Riverhaven Years, #1) Song Of The Silent Harp (Emerald Ballad #1) Where Grace Abides (The Riverhaven Years, #2) Heart of the Lonely Exile (Emerald Ballad #2) Land of a Thousand Dreams (Emerald Ballad #3)