Start by marking “Song of Erin” as Want to Read:
Song of Erin

Song of Erin (Song of Erin #1 & 2)

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  135 ratings  ·  18 reviews
In her own unique style, Hoff spins a panoramic story that crosses the ocean from Ireland to America, featuring two of her most memorable characters.
Published April 1st 2008 by Harvest House Publishers (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Song of Erin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Song of Erin

Mercy
great book! You instantly fall in love with the characters! You get swept away in the story. A story about God's love and forgiveness!
Mom
Sep 26, 2008 Mom marked it as to-read
Historical Fiction and the author has done her research.
Hayden
Bits of this one I liked, and bits I didn't. Not my favorite by the author, but not bad, either. I would warn others that it does deal with a lot of tough subjects, though. It shows a side of immigrant life that is decidedly not pretty, although realistic.
Tara Thompson carter
One of my favorite books written by BJ Hoff. Lived the characters and story line. Didn't want the story to end!
Erin
First---I really enjoyed the book. The reason why I rated it with one star is because part of the book was completely missing. From page 36?? something to 45? something there was a repeated section of the book instead of the actual correct chapters. It's agood thing this was a library book and I didn't have to pay for it! But it was good though I didn't get the whole story. I could glean what happened in the missing 50-100 pages.
Patty
Feb 21, 2011 Patty added it
This book by BJ Hoff is set in an entirely different setting and has nothing that grabbed me in the first 5 pages so it is being shelved and returned to the library. I have learned that if it is hard to get me interested then I won't enjoy the book. I read for relaxation and to enjoy. So this will be marked as read but I barely started the book. Others might like it just not for me.
Stacia
I really enjoyed this book, but have mixed feelings about it. I liked the Samantha/Jack storyline better than the Brady/Ireland storyline, although I did begin to enjoy Gabriel and Roweena more in the second book. Since this is like two books put into one, I definitely liked the second book better than the first and it kept my interest more than the first as well.
Cherilee
The endings of books can really drive me crazy! You have 300 or more pages building up a climax to resolve in less than 10 pages?!? That is my only complaint with this book - a lot of character and climaxing building to be resolved much to quickly and not in a sufficient manner in my opinion. Otherwise this book would have been 4 stars.
Lovelylady1994
I read this in three days one summer in middle school. I was up at a camp with my parents, and despite all the fun activities there were to engage myself in, I literally couldn't put this book down. One I would definitely recommend reading, especially if the person has a good amount of time to dedicate to it.
Vanessa
I love tales of emigration from Ireland. Both my grandparents emigrated in the early 1920's. This was one I couldn't put down. May be a little heavy on the christian fiction side for some, but a lovely story.
Tracy
Love stories of the Irish. Started out slow but got better. Was sad the ending wrapped up in two pages. But overall, a good summer read
Nicole
not as good as the other B.J Hoff series I've read, but still a fun read.I really detest Brady!! But I guess that's the point.
Kati
Oct 28, 2008 Kati rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Shannon, Mom
This is actually 2 novels published in one volume. They were originally published separately. Very good!
Brittni Mccart
It was slow at first, but as i kept reading i got into the story and it was hard to put down.
Nancy
slow start but lots of good twists and engaging plot
556 pages long, (small print!)
Debbie
very good!!!!
Melissa
Jun 13, 2009 Melissa marked it as to-read
Need to get
Crissy Voyles
Crissy Voyles marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Jennifer Horton
Jennifer Horton is currently reading it
Aug 12, 2014
Reba Campbell
Reba Campbell marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Rosie Ahmed
Rosie Ahmed marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
BJ Hoff’s bestselling historical novels continue to cross the boundaries of religion, language, and culture to capture a worldwide reading audience.

Her books include such popular series as The Riverhaven Years, The Mountain Song Legacy, Song of Erin, American Anthem, and An Emerald Ballad. Hoff’s stories, although set in the past, are always relevant to the present.

Whether her characters move ab...more
More about B.J. Hoff...
Rachel's Secret (The Riverhaven Years, #1) Song Of The Silent Harp (Emerald Ballad #1) Where Grace Abides (The Riverhaven Years, #2) Heart of the Lonely Exile (Emerald Ballad #2) Land of a Thousand Dreams (Emerald Ballad #3)