4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  54 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Although aromatherapy is much in vogue these days, it is actually an ancient practice, with people over the centuries regularly turning to nature for cures, comforts and cosmetics. Essential Aromatherapy reveals the secrets of this art and organizes them into accessible, alphabetical listings.
Published October 1st 1995 by New World Library

Jessica
has some good basic info, including general wellness outside of EOs. I particularly liked the formatting of the EO profiles; as well as their 'glossary of therapeutic uses' and their general glossary of EO components (ie-acids, esters, lactones, phenols, etc).

I think this is a good resource/reference for those just becoming interested and intrigued with essential oils, as well as those that are on a journey to greater understanding of EOs and their use/effect.
Letitia
This is an excellent guide and exactly what I was looking for in all respects except two: it does not discuss "at home extraction" and there are no recipes. I have lavender plants in my yard and would like to make my own lavendar oil. However, I was also particularly interested in natural remedies for skin problems and pain, and this was a wonderful guide!
Debbie
wonderful reference. It talks about essential oils and their uses and even has a guide so you can look up an ailment and it will tell you what oils to use and how. You can also look up specific oils and see what it is used for and what blends well with it as well as other iformation about that oil. Also has instructions for self-use.
Gaia Love
a great quick and easy reference for essential oils. great little pocket companion.
Naomi Ball
This book has a lot of good practical information. I often refer to my copy.
Colin
Excellent condensed aromatherapy resource!
Sheila
Sheila marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Abi
Abi marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Jasmine
Jasmine marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Andy
Andy added it
May 30, 2014
Ceecee
Ceecee marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2014
Brandon
Brandon marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2014
Vicki Allard
Vicki Allard marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2014
Beckie Stewart
Beckie Stewart marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2014
Tara
Tara marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
Melwoo
Melwoo marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2013
Cristy Davis
Cristy Davis marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2013
Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2013
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2013
ms goodreads
ms goodreads marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2013