Start by marking “Cry Wolf: A Mafia Thriller Set in Rural Italy” as Want to Read:
Cry Wolf: A Mafia Thriller Set in Rural Italy

Cry Wolf: A Mafia Thriller Set in Rural Italy (Sebastiano Cangio #1)

Introducing resourceful park ranger Sebastiano Cangio in the first of a brand-new crime series set against the glorious landscape of Italy s Umbria region. "
Sebastiano Cangio has just accepted his dream job as a park ranger in the stunning Sybilline Mountains National Park in central Italy; it's a unique opportunity to study and live amongst the wild mountain wolves he l
Published April 1st 2015 by Severn House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Cry Wolf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cry Wolf

The Godfather by Mario PuzoThe Sicilian by Mario PuzoGangster by Lorenzo CarcaterraDonnie Brasco by Joseph D. PistoneWiseguy by Nicholas Pileggi
Best Mafia Books
142 books — 262 voters
Strega Nona by Tomie dePaolaBreakaway by Bryan  MurphyThe Thief Lord by Cornelia FunkeAsterix the Gladiator by René GoscinnyPaul & Kiki's Guide to Vacationing in Italy by Paul  Stuart
Italy Italy
214 books — 59 voters

More lists with this book...

Mark O'Neill
Jan 11, 2015 Mark O'Neill rated it it was amazing
I have the very great privilege of knowing Michael and Danielle, and this new book of theirs is simply brilliant. Set in rural Umbria in Italy, it follows the story of a new character of theirs - Sebastiano Cango. After a brief stint in London, he returns to Italy to take up a job as a park ranger looking after the local wolf population.

But there are other wolves lurking around too, in the form of the Mafia, who are looking to cash in on a local earthquake and EU money. Gregorio also brings in o
Italo Italophiles
Mar 16, 2015 Italo Italophiles rated it it was amazing
Not all Italians are criminals!
There are those who fight the bad guys, whether the bad guys are street thugs or politicians.
The main protagonist of this crime thriller (some violence and foul language) is a young Italian man who has had to leave Calabria because of the criminals. When his peaceful life in Umbria's mountain animal reserve is threatened by criminal gangs, he fights alongside the good guys to keep his new home safe.
The author varies the point of view skillfully throughout the sto
Judy Lesley
Feb 14, 2015 Judy Lesley rated it did not like it
Shelves: mystery
I love to read mystery novels and like to read stories set in different parts of the world. Therefore, when I saw this novel would be set in the Umbria region of Italy and featuring a park ranger in those hills I decided to give it a try. The sub-title of the book leads you to think it will also be about the Mafia, but that proves to be incorrect. Instead this book is about the activities of a different segment of the criminal element, the 'Ndrangheta who want to move out of Calabria into the ...more
Jen
Feb 21, 2015 Jen rated it it was ok
I like the cover, the setting (the Sybilline Mountains National Park in Italy), and the fact that it is a new series featuring a park ranger.

That said, I hoped the plot would include more about wolves and less about organized crime. I usually avoid books that are heavy on mafia-like organizations, but the park ranger and the wolves led me give this one a try.

My favorite character was a minor one; a kleptomaniac. If you enjoy reading about organized crime, you will probably like this better than
Amanda Gilliatt
Feb 14, 2015 Amanda Gilliatt rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
It not a book I would usually read,but I was intrigued to read it from what was written on the back n inside cover,, for me it seem to lack and didn't draw me in by the first chapter,but I thought I would stick with it n im gladi did it was a great read,dont really want to put to muchabout it as don't really want to spoil it for others who haven't read it,but yes I would recommend it to you.If the author writes any more books I will be more than happy to read them. Great job.
I received this boo
Martina
Apr 23, 2016 Martina marked it as to-read
First in a contemporary series by the authors of the Hanno Stiffeniis series set in Konigsberg. I read the Critique of Criminal Reason, an historical mystery with a nod to Kant, some years ago. The new series features a man working as a ranger in a mountainous national park in Umbria. Cry Wolf is first in series and was published in 2015. Think Wolf is forthcoming in July 2016.
Marina Sofia
Apr 13, 2015 Marina Sofia rated it liked it
Quick-moving, with short, snappy chapters and a multitude of different characters. This is all about Ndrangheta gangs muscling in outside their home turf, corrupt politicians and police commanders with monstrous egos. A quick and enjoyable enough read, but nothing really memorable or outstanding.
Julie
May 27, 2015 Julie rated it liked it
I had a difficult time following the who's who of this, but that might have been all the unfamiliar names. It's neatly crafted and well written, although I'm not sure I"d describe it as a thriller. It was an enjoyable read and I'm interested enough to pick up the next one.
JRK Rao
JRK Rao rated it did not like it
May 13, 2015
timothy
timothy rated it it was amazing
Jan 23, 2015
James Lynam
James Lynam rated it it was amazing
Jan 23, 2015
Colby Coombs
Colby Coombs rated it it was amazing
Apr 03, 2016
Tom Elliott
Tom Elliott rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2015
Diane
Diane rated it did not like it
Nov 28, 2016
James
James rated it did not like it
Jun 24, 2015
Bill Binkley
Bill Binkley rated it liked it
Sep 05, 2015
M  Lynn Smith
M Lynn Smith rated it did not like it
Jul 16, 2016
Cyber
Cyber rated it it was amazing
Nov 08, 2015
Twinkletoes
Twinkletoes rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2015
Larry
Mar 15, 2016 Larry rated it it was ok
Meh.
Richard
Jul 25, 2015 Richard rated it it was ok
Here is another good idea that does not get the treatment it deserves.
Mike
Mike rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2016
Ruth Feathers
Ruth Feathers rated it liked it
Jul 31, 2015
Michael Gregorio
Michael Gregorio marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
LadyTechie
LadyTechie marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Frederick Rotzien
Frederick Rotzien marked it as to-read
Nicola Fantom
Nicola Fantom marked it as to-read
Carla
Carla marked it as to-read
Rachel Hall
Rachel Hall marked it as to-read
Lizzie
Lizzie marked it as to-read
Betty
Betty marked it as to-read
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Claire
Claire marked it as to-read
Marcia
Marcia marked it as to-read
Dr. Cole Marie Mckinnon
Dr. Cole Marie Mckinnon marked it as to-read
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
MICHAEL BARTON
MICHAEL BARTON marked it as to-read
Jenny pearce
Jenny pearce marked it as to-read
Donna Schubert
Donna Schubert marked it as to-read
Sheree Gibson
Sheree Gibson marked it as to-read
Tammy Pooser
Tammy Pooser marked it as to-read
Tess
Tess marked it as to-read
V
V marked it as to-read
Kirsty
Kirsty marked it as to-read
Donna Shaw
Donna Shaw marked it as to-read
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Patricia Bergman
Patricia Bergman marked it as to-read
Debbie Carnes
Debbie Carnes marked it as to-read
Louise
Louise marked it as to-read
Dianne
Dianne marked it as to-read
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Molly
Molly marked it as to-read
  • Dark Times in the City
  • Warburg in Rome
  • Harry Lipkin, Private Eye
  • Assassin's Silence (David Slaton, #3)
  • One Man's Flag (Jack McColl, #2)
  • The Atheist's Prayer
  • Is Fat Bob Dead Yet?
  • Blade's Edge
  • Nobody Walks
  • The Golden Goose of Los Angeles Extended Edition
  • Black Run
  • The Patriarch (Bruno, Chief of Police, #8)
  • The Governor's Wife (Michael Kelly, #5)
  • Rain Dogs (Detective Sean Duffy #5)
  • White Plague (Joe Rush, #1)
  • The Lady from Zagreb (Bernard Gunther, #10)
  • A Treacherous Treasure  (Mooseamuck Island Cozy Mystery, #3)
  • Mission Rome (Scavenger Hunt Adventure #3)
Daniela De Gregorio and Michael G. Jacob
More about Michael Gregorio...