Start by marking “Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires, #4)” as Want to Read:
Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires, #4)

Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires #4)

4.17  ·  Rating Details ·  44,406 Ratings  ·  1,190 Reviews
The wait is over. dig into the feast...

In the town of Morganville, vampires and humans live in relative peace. Student Claire Danvers has never been convinced, though, especially with the arrival of Mr. Bishop, an ancient, old-school vampire who cares nothing about harmony. What he wants from the town's living and its dead is unthinkably sinister. It's only at a formal bal
Published June 3rd 2008 by Signet

Alkyoni

Ok. Let me begin with the negative stuff because I really want to be done with it asap and then go on about how amazing this book was.

We get such an awesome plot and characters, would it be too much to ask for some consistency in the world building too? At first, vampires needed an invitation to enter the Glass House. I get that. Then, the humans needed an invitation instead. I get that too. Now everybody’s strolling in and out like nobody’s business and it’s driving me nuts!

Also, I know that wr
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
4 Not All Parties Are Fun Stars

After having to fight for their lives with crazy vampires and even crazier anti-vampire fanatics nothing should be able to scare our heroes anymore, until a strange vampire walks through their door. A vampire so bad that even the worst vampires in Morganville seem to be afraid of, one who claims to be Amelie's father. Who knew the Ice Queen actually had family that was even scarier than her?

The vampire isn't alone. He has with him 2 extra vampires way too dangerous
Jess
Dec 27, 2013 Jess rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
"Will you swear?" And Myrnin said, shockingly "I will." And he proceeded to, a string of swear words that made Claire blink. He ended with, '-frothy fool-born apple-john! Cheater of vandals and defiler of dead dogs!" and did another twirl and a bow.

Well Feast of Fools, definitely isn't a filler book. Although slow in the middle, it was probably the best one yet! Do these just keep getting better? Hmm...interesting.

I loved every minute of this one. I think it's safe to say I love Myrnin more now,
Arlene
Feast of Fools is the fourth installment of the Morganville Vampire Series, and it was a bit slower placed than the first three books. However, it did deliver an explosive ending with a signature series cliffhanger. I’ve become vested in the main characters of this series, which includes Claire, Shane, Eve and Michael. I like how their actions and loyalty toward each other remains consistent from book to book, and it was nice to see Shane begin to accept Michael as a vampire.

In this book, three
J.Elle
Nov 02, 2010 J.Elle rated it liked it
As these books continue, I find I am less and less concerned with what will happen to Morganville and its' inhabitants and more concerned with when Shane is going to break and finally "do" Claire. Not that I condone that sort of thing, but it's a book and seriously, there is only so much tension you can build in a book before it starts to get repetitive. So, my unauthorized and likely, unwanted, opinion is, let it happen or kill Shane off. Finally, the other beef I have is that the reader is ...more
Karin
Jun 24, 2008 Karin rated it it was amazing
Rachel Caine has done it again. She starts FEAST OF FOOLS like she does the other books in the Morgenville Vampire series - right in the middle of the action which grabs you by the hair, yanks you in, and won’t let go until the story is over.

At the end of MIDNIGHT ALLEY, the foursome living in the Glass House gets some unexpected visitors in the form of Claire’s parents and (in Buffy the Vampire Slayer Speak) the Big Bad - Mr. Bishop A.K.A. Amelie’s “father.” With him in town there has to be tro
Shakira
one of the best in the series loved the whole bishop scene a truly brilliant villian
Carrie
Dec 11, 2015 Carrie rated it liked it
Feast of Fools is the fourth book in the Morganville Vampire series. Again it picks up right where the previous book had left off. Claire's parents have moved to town adding more people for Claire to worry about. A few new vampires have shown up that don't seem to have the best of intentions.

With all books in a series I try to keep my reviews a bit vague as I don't want to add much in that would spoil things but with this particular book there wasn't much to even talk about. Easily the slowest
Anzu The Great Destroyer
No review for this one because I am le lazy. Great book, this series keeps getting better and better. I am pleased. Now off to read the fifth one.
Brooke
May 07, 2009 Brooke rated it it was amazing
Feast of Fools starts off where Midnight Alley left off. The Glass house has been taken over by a vampire, Mr. Bishop, who claims to be Amelie's father. He has big plans for the humans and vampires of Morganville, and he, along with his evil cronies, will do whatever it takes to put them into motion. It all comes down to the masked ball where the vampires bring human dates. Who will pledge loyalty to Mr. Bishop, and who will stick with Amelie?

I really enjoy anything that Rachel Caine writes. All
Nic
May 12, 2010 Nic rated it it was amazing
Rachel Caine hasn't let me down yet. Again another amazing installment in the Morganville Vampires Series.

In the fourth book we find out more of the secrets of Morganville and find out what Bishop wants. There is never a moment of peace but that makes for one fantastic read. The characters are brilliant as always and it was good to see Myrnin was in this book. I love Claire and Shane's relationship, their moments together always bring a smile to my face.

Awesome series. A must read!
Heather
Jul 14, 2008 Heather rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of YA, vampire books, and the Twilight series.
This is the 4th book in a YA series written by Rachel Caine (she does the Weather Warden series as well).

This book has the same romantic tension between Claire and Shane- along with some sinister events happening in the town of Morganville.

Morganville is a town where vampires live freely among humans- with humans being kept (for lack of a better word) by various vampires. Some are good, most are bad, and all the humans are doing is trying to survive!

A fun installment that has quite a cliff-ha
Jen
Apr 27, 2010 Jen rated it it was amazing
I was a little reluctant to give 5 stars... but if I'm going to give a perfect review to any MV book thus far, it must be Feast of Fools.
I mean, this book was nonstop action. I literally found every idle moment I could to crack open FoF and devour as many words as I could.
Amelie's father is a mean, relentless, cold-blooded man, and will apparently stop at nothing to claim that which he wants.

Watching Claire mature is something so rare in teen novels... and really, in any novel. It seems so man
Maura
Oct 24, 2009 Maura rated it really liked it

Wow I seem to be giving out Maura's Choice a lot. That's sort of funny, but really I haven't read any books so far that I haven't enjoy thoroughly. But if I have to give a 4 stars to any books in the Morganville Vampire Series, it would have to be Feast of Fools. Anyways for anyone who knows me, you'll know that my favorite book series of all time is Morganville Vampire Series. I just love all the action, sarcasm, and Rachel Caine's clever writing. What can I say the whole book series is fast pa
Brooke ♥booklife4life♥

Ending: 8

Total: 6

In Dept

Best Part:
Stupid cliffhanger keeps me going.
Worst Part: Everything before the cliffhanger
Thoughts Had: Dumb; Dumber; Ugh

Conclusion

Continuing the Series:
ugh.
Recommending: not really

Short Review: This book is 25% sexual tension. 25% all of them being b*thces towa
Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru
Talk about tension! It started off tense and of course, ends on yet another cliffhanger. So much happens. I don't even know what to say. Plenty of angst all around and now, even more danger with Claire's parents in town.

Truly, Morganville goes to hell in a handbasket in this volume when Amelie's Father comes to town. He's a douche. So are the vamps he brings with him. Totally hate that bitch Ysandre and her constant come-ons to Shane. Francois is no better.

Jason---will someone kill this guy alre
(Source: I own a copy of this book.)

This was an okay story, but I have to admit that I was bored for the majority of it.

The main characters in this were all okay, although once again Claire was fairly happy to walk head-first into danger without a care. It was also a little frustrating when the gang automatically thought that Michael would be able to protect them – he’s the youngest vampire for pity’s sake!

The storyline in this just didn’t really interest me. Again it took place over a relativel
Heather
May 01, 2010 Heather rated it it was ok
Shelves: ya-books, 2010-books
Kirsty (Amethyst Bookwyrm)

Claire’s parents have moved into town and want her to move in with them; however, (on top of her worrying about their safety in a place filled with vampires) she has to tell them that she wants to stay in the Glass house instead. However an ancient vampire, Mr Bishop, has arrived in town and is having a party and Morganville will soon realise that the vampires they already have are not as bad as they could be. This
Trisha
Sep 17, 2013 Trisha rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-physical
"Feast," Miranda said again, "You're all fools, all fools - don't let him trick you."

amazing. Like, "keep you on the edge of your seat and your pulse racing" good.

I couldn't turn the pages quick enough. I absolutely devoured and LOVED this one.

Shane, Claire, Michael and Eve. They can't catch a break. I can't wait for them to get some wins!

Rebecca McNutt
At first glance this book looked really intriguing, but I ended up finding it rather vulgar and morbid, with unnecessary crude humor and pages full of nothing but blood and gore. Proof that anything can be published these days regardless of its content quality... :-\
Denise
Aug 11, 2012 Denise rated it really liked it

I nearly woke up the whole house laughing!
Bluewaterstorm ~ Skeletons ~  Evil and Sassy Girl ~ For a reason ~ To be known as a Legend ~
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'VE FINISHED THE BOOK!!!!!!!
WARNING: FEWER WORDS CAN EXPLAIN BOOKS WITH A GREATER DEFFINITION. THIS BOOK IS EXPLAINED IN TWO WORDS "ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!". That's it, that's all that is needed. Anyone else think this? :P
Faith McKay
I wasn't really sure about the beginning in this one, but I ended up really liking it a lot. And it left me extremely excited for the next one!
☀Rachael☀
Nov 17, 2013 ☀Rachael☀ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series has definitely grown on me! Claire doesn't annoy me at all now and with only 5mins of mean girls I really enjoyed this one!
Ivana Ciglar
Aug 02, 2014 Ivana Ciglar rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone

Tension, mystery and bite-your-nails laugh-out-loud situations...

“Jealous?"

"Maybe."

"No reason. I like my ladies with a pulse.”

Sooo.... wow... again (don't hate me) I've read it in one sitting, I can't help it. Once you start it sucks you in and just when you are about to take a break, something outrageous happens and you sit your lovely butt back down and continue with the story.

I'm not going to trouble you too much with the plot as to not to reveal too much of the storyline.

Plot .

Mysterious Mr
Melisande
Sep 04, 2011 Melisande rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
J’avais vraiment envie de lire ce livre parce que vu la fin du tome précédent, il était évident que les ennuis n’étaient pas loin et que j’avais envie d’en savoir plus. Eh bien je dois dire que je ne suis pas déçue du tout parce que cette série prend vraiment plus d’ampleur à chaque tome et qu’on ne peut qu’aimer cette série (si vous y avez déjà succombé, ça sera pire avec celui-là).
L’histoire reprend peu de temps après le tome précédent. M. Bishop, le « père » d’Amelie est présent à Glass House
Jordan
Aug 27, 2011 Jordan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Aïe aïe aïe ! Vampire City est en train de devenir une des mes séries préférées ! Ce quatrième tome est juste fabuleux, magique, intense, prenant, génial... Ai-je dis fabuleux ? Bon ok, je pense qu'on peut le dire : je suis accro à cette magnifique saga. D'ailleurs, comme vous avez pu le remarquer, je poursuis la série en anglais... Au moins je n'aurai pas d'attente et je ne regrette pas du tout cela ! Les romans sont de plus en plus captivants, donc plus vite je les ai, mieux c'est !
Ce tome rep
Lily
Feb 24, 2013 Lily rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reseña publicada en: http://eldesvandelosuenos.blogspot.co...

¡Ahora sí que se ha puesto la saga interesante! Si el tercero me pareció un poco más flojo, esta cuarta entrega me ha dejado sin respiración más de una vez. Es de lejos el que más me ha gustado de los que llevo leídos y se debe tanto a la vuelta de tuerca que le ha dado Rachel Caine a la trama como a la evolución de los personajes.

Los padres de Claire han vuelto a Morganville. Este dato es lo único que no me ha gustado de la novela y q
Lorna
Sep 26, 2015 Lorna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5 stars (RabidReads.com)If I thought the going got tough in book three of this series, Midnight Alley, I sure didn’t have any idea how even more tough things were going to get in the fourth book of this totally addicting series.

Claire is still sixteen-almost seventeen-and has just found out that her parents have moved to Morganville, something that really horrifies Claire. Here she thought they were safe in another part of Texas, only to have them move to what has to be the scariest place on
  • Immortal: Love Stories with Bite
  • Stake That (Blood Coven Vampire, #2)
  • The Eternal Kiss: 13 Vampire Tales of Blood and Desire
  • Bleeding Hearts (Drake Chronicles, #4)
  • Friday Night Bites (Chicagoland Vampires, #2)
  • The Coffin Club (Vampire Kisses, #5)
  • Legacy (Vampire Beach, #4)
  • Betrayals (Strange Angels, #2)
  • Huntress (Night World, #7)
  • Biting the Bullet (Jaz Parks, #3)
  • Pride (Shifters, #3)
  • Bad to the Bone (WVMP Radio, #2)
  • The Mage in Black (Sabina Kane, #2)
  • Succubus Dreams (Georgina Kincaid, #3)

The Morganville Vampires (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1)
  • The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires, #2)
  • Midnight Alley (The Morganville Vampires, #3)
  • Lord of Misrule (The Morganville Vampires, #5)
  • Carpe Corpus (The Morganville Vampires, #6)
  • Fade Out (The Morganville Vampires, #7)
  • Kiss of Death (The Morganville Vampires, #8)
  • Ghost Town (The Morganville Vampires, #9)
  • Bite Club (The Morganville Vampires, #10)
  • Last Breath (The Morganville Vampires, #11)

“I'm gonna kill him," Eve said, or at least that was what it sounded like filtered through the pillow.
Stake him right in the heart, shove garlic up his ass, and-and-"

And what?" (Michael)

When did you get home?" Claire demanded.

Apparently just in time to hear my funeral plans. I especially like the garlic up the ass. It's...different.”
1074 likes
“Crap, are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"I'm thinking we have about fifteen vampires and no blood," Claire said. "Is that it?"

"No, I was thinking we're out of chips. Of course that's what I was thinking.”
590 likes