Start by marking “Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires, #4)” as Want to Read:
Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires, #4)

Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires #4)

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  40,176 ratings  ·  1,088 reviews
The wait is over. dig into the feast...

In the town of Morganville, vampires and humans live in relative peace. Student Claire Danvers has never been convinced, though, especially with the arrival of Mr. Bishop, an ancient, old-school vampire who cares nothing about harmony. What he wants from the town's living and its dead is unthinkably sinister. It's only at a formal bal
Published June 3rd 2008 by Signet

To ask other readers questions about Feast of Fools, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Feast of Fools

City of Ashes by Cassandra ClareHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickCity of Glass by Cassandra ClareClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareMarked by P.C. Cast
Books That Should Be Made Into Movies
232nd out of 20,527 books — 54,964 voters
City of Bones by Cassandra ClareCity of Glass by Cassandra ClareVampire Academy by Richelle MeadCity of Ashes by Cassandra ClareHush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
Best Teen Paranormal/Vampire Reads
63rd out of 637 books — 1,245 voters

More lists with this book...

Jo ★The Book Sloth★
4 Not All Parties Are Fun Stars

After having to fight for their lives with crazy vampires and even crazier anti-vampire fanatics nothing should be able to scare our heroes anymore, until a strange vampire walks through their door. A vampire so bad that even the worst vampires in Morganville seem to be afraid of, one who claims to be Amelie's father. Who knew the Ice Queen actually had family that was even scarier than her?

The vampire isn't alone. He has with him 2 extra vampires way too dangerous
Alkyoni

Ok. Let me begin with the negative stuff because I really want to be done with it asap and then go on about how amazing this book was.

We get such an awesome plot and characters, would it be too much to ask for some consistency in the world building too? At first, vampires needed an invitation to enter the Glass House. I get that. Then, the humans needed an invitation instead. I get that too. Now everybody’s strolling in and out like nobody’s business and it’s driving me nuts!

Also, I know that wr
Jess
"Will you swear?" And Myrnin said, shockingly "I will." And he proceeded to, a string of swear words that made Claire blink. He ended with, '-frothy fool-born apple-john! Cheater of vandals and defiler of dead dogs!" and did another twirl and a bow.

Well Feast of Fools, definitely isn't a filler book. Although slow in the middle, it was probably the best one yet! Do these just keep getting better? Hmm...interesting.

I loved every minute of this one. I think it's safe to say I love Myrnin more now,
Arlene
Feast of Fools is the fourth installment of the Morganville Vampire Series, and it was a bit slower placed than the first three books. However, it did deliver an explosive ending with a signature series cliffhanger. I’ve become vested in the main characters of this series, which includes Claire, Shane, Eve and Michael. I like how their actions and loyalty toward each other remains consistent from book to book, and it was nice to see Shane begin to accept Michael as a vampire.

In this book, three
J.Elle
As these books continue, I find I am less and less concerned with what will happen to Morganville and its' inhabitants and more concerned with when Shane is going to break and finally "do" Claire. Not that I condone that sort of thing, but it's a book and seriously, there is only so much tension you can build in a book before it starts to get repetitive. So, my unauthorized and likely, unwanted, opinion is, let it happen or kill Shane off. Finally, the other beef I have is that the reader is lef ...more
Karin
Rachel Caine has done it again. She starts FEAST OF FOOLS like she does the other books in the Morgenville Vampire series - right in the middle of the action which grabs you by the hair, yanks you in, and won’t let go until the story is over.

At the end of MIDNIGHT ALLEY, the foursome living in the Glass House gets some unexpected visitors in the form of Claire’s parents and (in Buffy the Vampire Slayer Speak) the Big Bad - Mr. Bishop A.K.A. Amelie’s “father.” With him in town there has to be tro
Anzu The Great Destroyer
No review for this one because I am le lazy. Great book, this series keeps getting better and better. I am pleased. Now off to read the fifth one.
Brooke
Feast of Fools starts off where Midnight Alley left off. The Glass house has been taken over by a vampire, Mr. Bishop, who claims to be Amelie's father. He has big plans for the humans and vampires of Morganville, and he, along with his evil cronies, will do whatever it takes to put them into motion. It all comes down to the masked ball where the vampires bring human dates. Who will pledge loyalty to Mr. Bishop, and who will stick with Amelie?

I really enjoy anything that Rachel Caine writes. All
Heather
Jul 14, 2008 Heather rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of YA, vampire books, and the Twilight series.
This is the 4th book in a YA series written by Rachel Caine (she does the Weather Warden series as well).

This book has the same romantic tension between Claire and Shane- along with some sinister events happening in the town of Morganville.

Morganville is a town where vampires live freely among humans- with humans being kept (for lack of a better word) by various vampires. Some are good, most are bad, and all the humans are doing is trying to survive!

A fun installment that has quite a cliff-ha
Nic
Rachel Caine hasn't let me down yet. Again another amazing installment in the Morganville Vampires Series.

In the fourth book we find out more of the secrets of Morganville and find out what Bishop wants. There is never a moment of peace but that makes for one fantastic read. The characters are brilliant as always and it was good to see Myrnin was in this book. I love Claire and Shane's relationship, their moments together always bring a smile to my face.

Awesome series. A must read!
(Source: I own a copy of this book.)

This was an okay story, but I have to admit that I was bored for the majority of it.

The main characters in this were all okay, although once again Claire was fairly happy to walk head-first into danger without a care. It was also a little frustrating when the gang automatically thought that Michael would be able to protect them – he’s the youngest vampire for pity’s sake!

The storyline in this just didn’t really interest me. Again it took place over a relativel
Maura

Wow I seem to be giving out Maura's Choice a lot. That's sort of funny, but really I haven't read any books so far that I haven't enjoy thoroughly. But if I have to give a 4 stars to any books in the Morganville Vampire Series, it would have to be Feast of Fools. Anyways for anyone who knows me, you'll know that my favorite book series of all time is Morganville Vampire Series. I just love all the action, sarcasm, and Rachel Caine's clever writing. What can I say the whole book series is fast pa
Jen
I was a little reluctant to give 5 stars... but if I'm going to give a perfect review to any MV book thus far, it must be Feast of Fools.
I mean, this book was nonstop action. I literally found every idle moment I could to crack open FoF and devour as many words as I could.
Amelie's father is a mean, relentless, cold-blooded man, and will apparently stop at nothing to claim that which he wants.

Watching Claire mature is something so rare in teen novels... and really, in any novel. It seems so man
Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru
Talk about tension! It started off tense and of course, ends on yet another cliffhanger. So much happens. I don't even know what to say. Plenty of angst all around and now, even more danger with Claire's parents in town.

Truly, Morganville goes to hell in a handbasket in this volume when Amelie's Father comes to town. He's a douche. So are the vamps he brings with him. Totally hate that bitch Ysandre and her constant come-ons to Shane. Francois is no better.

Jason---will someone kill this guy alre
Heather
Kirsty (Amethyst Bookwyrm)

Claire’s parents have moved into town and want her to move in with them; however, (on top of her worrying about their safety in a place filled with vampires) she has to tell them that she wants to stay in the Glass house instead. However an ancient vampire, Mr Bishop, has arrived in town and is having a party and Morganville will soon realise that the vampires they already have are not as bad as they could be. This
Ivana Ciglar

Tension, mystery and bite-your-nails laugh-out-loud situations...

“Jealous?"

"Maybe."

"No reason. I like my ladies with a pulse.”

Sooo.... wow... again (don't hate me) I've read it in one sitting, I can't help it. Once you start it sucks you in and just when you are about to take a break, something outrageous happens and you sit your lovely butt back down and continue with the story.

I'm not going to trouble you too much with the plot as to not to reveal too much of the storyline.

Plot .

Mysterious Mr
Brandi Kosiner (Brandi Breathes Books)
I wanted to read Feast of Fools because The Morganville Vampire series has become an addiction lately, and I had to know what was happening with Claire the main character, how she would be selfless and help her friends. I also wanted to see more of her romance with Shane, because I think they are a great compliment to one another.

In this one we have new players in town. Amelie's dad and his entourage come in and take a special interest in Claire and the Glass House. They were scary and imposi
Trisha
"Feast," Miranda said again, "You're all fools, all fools - don't let him trick you."

amazing. Like, "keep you on the edge of your seat and your pulse racing" good.

I couldn't turn the pages quick enough. I absolutely devoured and LOVED this one.

Shane, Claire, Michael and Eve. They can't catch a break. I can't wait for them to get some wins!

Denise

I nearly woke up the whole house laughing!
Abbie
Original rating: 4

Feast of Fools was an okay read, but it started to drag after a few chapters.

The main characters could all be stupid at times, and i was often annoyed by them.
I really can't see why i loved them so much when i first read the series. They're annoying, stupid, and boring.

The one person that has lived up to my past thoughts are Monica, but that isn't in a good way.
She gets into everyone's business, she's a bitch, and she's defiantly the most annoying character in the book!

Overall
Faith McKay
I wasn't really sure about the beginning in this one, but I ended up really liking it a lot. And it left me extremely excited for the next one!
*Rachael*
This series has definitely grown on me! Claire doesn't annoy me at all now and with only 5mins of mean girls I really enjoyed this one!
HannahCassie

Full Feast of Fools Review

When it comes to Morganville Vampires...

description

But seriously guys, let's just talk Morganville!

As it it the fourth book of the series I surely already know the main gang: Claire, Eve, Shane and Michael and well how could I ever forget our ice lady Amelie and sneaky Oliver. So as most expected the author does not really waste much time introducing the characters or the town as much as it is common in series, which, in my opinion is great. I personally very much dislike hear
Tabitha (Lovely Books Blog)
Read more reviews like this at http://lovelybooksblog.blogspot.com!

The Morganville Vampires series is one of the most addicting series that I’ve ever read. Rachel Caine is the absolute queen of cliff hangers with every book ending at a pivotal moment and the next book picking up right where that one left off. Even though each of the books in the series is fairly short (Feast of Fools coming in at a mere 242 pages) it feels like reading one huge continuous novel.

One of my favorite things about th
Noella
Feast of Fools starts out interestingly enough with the Glass House residents cooking breakfast for their guests, stalling time to try and stay alive while the ancient vampire Mr Bishop and his vicious side-kicks wait for the arrival of Amelie. Thrown into this danger clueless, are Claire's parents. The author is great at continuing on the series by setting the scene, triggering me to recollect what I read in the previous book rather than dumping a whole recap. The plot in this book centred arou ...more
Celestasaurus
I read about the Morganville vampires for the plot--twists, suspense and all. Now about the characters, I don't feel so much. Claire here can't seem to make up her mind about anything: She's in love with Shane. She's in lust with Michael. And she's always unsure how she feels about the vampires. One second safe and secure. One second fearing for her life. One second feeling sympathetic for the dying species.
The characters aren't bad; it's just that by reading the book you don't get a feel for w
Shiku
Ruhe im Glass House? Ein Ding der Unmöglichkeit. Ausgerechnet Claires Eltern sind nun nach Morganville gezogen und wollen ihre Tochter wieder bei sich haben, was dieser überhaupt nicht schmeckt. Allerdings war es Bishop, der ihnen diesen Floh ins Ohr gesetzt hat – Amelies Vater, bei dem niemand wirklich begeistert ist, dass er mal vorbeischaut. Im Gegenteil: Parteien, die sich sonst im Stillen bekämpften, arbeiten auf einmal zusammen!
Dann steht ihm zu Ehren ein Ball an, der nichts Gutes verspric
Becky
Carrie Hinkel-Gill
Even though this book is available in audiobook format, I was too impatient to wait for the library to get it and want to read it now!

All of the books are best read in order and this is book 4 in the Morganville Vampires Series.

Book 1 was pretty good and each one got progressively better, but this one is the best yet! Rachel Caine has demonstrated her ability to create characters so real that you feel what they do, care about them and want to call them friends. Their banter is so real and belie
  • Stake That (Blood Coven Vampire, #2)
  • Immortal: Love Stories with Bite
  • Out for Blood (Drake Chronicles, #3)
  • The Eternal Kiss: 13 Vampire Tales of Blood and Desire
  • Defiance (Strange Angels, #4)
  • Friday Night Bites (Chicagoland Vampires, #2)
  • Initiation (Vampire Beach, #2)
  • Dance with a Vampire (Vampire Kisses, #4)
  • Succubus on Top (Georgina Kincaid, #2)
  • Stargazer (Evernight, #2)
  • My Soul to Keep (Soul Screamers, #3)
  • Daughters of Darkness (Night World, #2)
  • Tall, Dark & Fangsome (Immortality Bites, #5)

The Morganville Vampires (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1)
  • The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires, #2)
  • Midnight Alley (The Morganville Vampires, #3)
  • Lord of Misrule (The Morganville Vampires, #5)
  • Carpe Corpus (The Morganville Vampires, #6)
  • Fade Out (The Morganville Vampires, #7)
  • Kiss of Death (The Morganville Vampires, #8)
  • Ghost Town (The Morganville Vampires, #9)
  • Bite Club (The Morganville Vampires, #10)
  • Last Breath (The Morganville Vampires, #11)
Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1) Midnight Alley (The Morganville Vampires, #3) The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires, #2) Carpe Corpus (The Morganville Vampires, #6) Lord of Misrule (The Morganville Vampires, #5)

“I'm gonna kill him," Eve said, or at least that was what it sounded like filtered through the pillow.
Stake him right in the heart, shove garlic up his ass, and-and-"

And what?" (Michael)

When did you get home?" Claire demanded.

Apparently just in time to hear my funeral plans. I especially like the garlic up the ass. It's...different.”
1066 likes
“Crap, are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"I'm thinking we have about fifteen vampires and no blood," Claire said. "Is that it?"

"No, I was thinking we're out of chips. Of course that's what I was thinking.”
594 likes