Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires, #4)

Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires #4)

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  34,071 ratings  ·  991 reviews
The wait is over. dig into the feast...

In the town of Morganville, vampires and humans live in relative peace. Student Claire Danvers has never been convinced, though, especially with the arrival of Mr. Bishop, an ancient, old-school vampire who cares nothing about harmony. What he wants from the town's living and its dead is unthinkably sinister. It's only at a formal bal...more
Published June 3rd 2008 by Signet

City of Ashes by Cassandra ClareHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickCity of Glass by Cassandra ClareMarked by P.C. CastFallen by Lauren Kate
Books That Should Be Made Into Movies
218th out of 16,349 books — 44,988 voters
City of Bones by Cassandra ClareCity of Glass by Cassandra ClareVampire Academy by Richelle MeadCity of Ashes by Cassandra ClareHush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
Best Teen Paranormal/Vampire Reads
55th out of 564 books — 1,115 voters

More lists with this book...

Alkyoni

Ok. Let me begin with the negative stuff because I really want to be done with it asap and then go on about how amazing this book was.

We get such an awesome plot and characters, would it be too much to ask for some consistency in the world building too? At first, vampires needed an invitation to enter the Glass House. I get that. Then, the humans needed an invitation instead. I get that too. Now everybody’s strolling in and out like nobody’s business and it’s driving me nuts!

Also, I know that wr...more
Jess
"Will you swear?" And Myrnin said, shockingly "I will." And he proceeded to, a string of swear words that made Claire blink. He ended with, '-frothy fool-born apple-john! Cheater of vandals and defiler of dead dogs!" and did another twirl and a bow.

Well Feast of Fools, definitely isn't a filler book. Although slow in the middle, it was probably the best one yet! Do these just keep getting better? Hmm...interesting.

I loved every minute of this one. I think it's safe to say I love Myrnin more now,...more
Arlene
Feast of Fools is the fourth installment of the Morganville Vampire Series, and it was a bit slower placed than the first three books. However, it did deliver an explosive ending with a signature series cliffhanger. I’ve become vested in the main characters of this series, which includes Claire, Shane, Eve and Michael. I like how their actions and loyalty toward each other remains consistent from book to book, and it was nice to see Shane begin to accept Michael as a vampire.

In this book, three...more
J.Elle
As these books continue, I find I am less and less concerned with what will happen to Morganville and its' inhabitants and more concerned with when Shane is going to break and finally "do" Claire. Not that I condone that sort of thing, but it's a book and seriously, there is only so much tension you can build in a book before it starts to get repetitive. So, my unauthorized and likely, unwanted, opinion is, let it happen or kill Shane off. Finally, the other beef I have is that the reader is lef...more
Karin
Rachel Caine has done it again. She starts FEAST OF FOOLS like she does the other books in the Morgenville Vampire series - right in the middle of the action which grabs you by the hair, yanks you in, and won’t let go until the story is over.

At the end of MIDNIGHT ALLEY, the foursome living in the Glass House gets some unexpected visitors in the form of Claire’s parents and (in Buffy the Vampire Slayer Speak) the Big Bad - Mr. Bishop A.K.A. Amelie’s “father.” With him in town there has to be tro...more
Sunny

Morganville is the greatest little town there is where vampires and humans try to live happily ever after - Not!

Again, another great Morganville book. This is actually one of my favorites. Still have vampire troubles especially when Amelie’s daddy pays the town a visit. In turn she throws her dad (Bishop) a tribute party. It’s the party every one wants to be invited too until… well, you’ll see.

Just for fun here is Claire and Myrnin’s costumes.

Harlequin - Claire

Pierrot – Myrnin

Brooke
Feast of Fools starts off where Midnight Alley left off. The Glass house has been taken over by a vampire, Mr. Bishop, who claims to be Amelie's father. He has big plans for the humans and vampires of Morganville, and he, along with his evil cronies, will do whatever it takes to put them into motion. It all comes down to the masked ball where the vampires bring human dates. Who will pledge loyalty to Mr. Bishop, and who will stick with Amelie?

I really enjoy anything that Rachel Caine writes. All...more
Heather
Jul 14, 2008 Heather rated it 4 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Fans of YA, vampire books, and the Twilight series.
This is the 4th book in a YA series written by Rachel Caine (she does the Weather Warden series as well).

This book has the same romantic tension between Claire and Shane- along with some sinister events happening in the town of Morganville.

Morganville is a town where vampires live freely among humans- with humans being kept (for lack of a better word) by various vampires. Some are good, most are bad, and all the humans are doing is trying to survive!

A fun installment that has quite a cliff-ha...more
Nic
Rachel Caine hasn't let me down yet. Again another amazing installment in the Morganville Vampires Series.

In the fourth book we find out more of the secrets of Morganville and find out what Bishop wants. There is never a moment of peace but that makes for one fantastic read. The characters are brilliant as always and it was good to see Myrnin was in this book. I love Claire and Shane's relationship, their moments together always bring a smile to my face.

Awesome series. A must read!
Maura

Wow I seem to be giving out Maura's Choice a lot. That's sort of funny, but really I haven't read any books so far that I haven't enjoy thoroughly. But if I have to give a 4 stars to any books in the Morganville Vampire Series, it would have to be Feast of Fools. Anyways for anyone who knows me, you'll know that my favorite book series of all time is Morganville Vampire Series. I just love all the action, sarcasm, and Rachel Caine's clever writing. What can I say the whole book series is fast pa...more
Heather
Kirsty (Amethyst Bookwyrm)

Claire’s parents have moved into town and want her to move in with them; however, (on top of her worrying about their safety in a place filled with vampires) she has to tell them that she wants to stay in the Glass house instead. However an ancient vampire, Mr Bishop, has arrived in town and is having a party and Morganville will soon realise that the vampires they already have are not as bad as they could be. This...more
Denise

I nearly woke up the whole house laughing!
Anzu The Great Destroyer
No review for this one because I am le lazy. Great book, this series keeps getting better and better. I am pleased. Now off to read the fifth one.
★Rachael★
This series has definitely grown on me! Claire doesn't annoy me at all now and with only 5mins of mean girls I really enjoyed this one!
Celestasaurus
I read about the Morganville vampires for the plot--twists, suspense and all. Now about the characters, I don't feel so much. Claire here can't seem to make up her mind about anything: She's in love with Shane. She's in lust with Michael. And she's always unsure how she feels about the vampires. One second safe and secure. One second fearing for her life. One second feeling sympathetic for the dying species.
The characters aren't bad; it's just that by reading the book you don't get a feel for w...more
Shiku
Ruhe im Glass House? Ein Ding der Unmöglichkeit. Ausgerechnet Claires Eltern sind nun nach Morganville gezogen und wollen ihre Tochter wieder bei sich haben, was dieser überhaupt nicht schmeckt. Allerdings war es Bishop, der ihnen diesen Floh ins Ohr gesetzt hat – Amelies Vater, bei dem niemand wirklich begeistert ist, dass er mal vorbeischaut. Im Gegenteil: Parteien, die sich sonst im Stillen bekämpften, arbeiten auf einmal zusammen!
Dann steht ihm zu Ehren ein Ball an, der nichts Gutes verspric...more
Becky
Carrie Hinkel-Gill
Even though this book is available in audiobook format, I was too impatient to wait for the library to get it and want to read it now!

All of the books are best read in order and this is book 4 in the Morganville Vampires Series.

Book 1 was pretty good and each one got progressively better, but this one is the best yet! Rachel Caine has demonstrated her ability to create characters so real that you feel what they do, care about them and want to call them friends. Their banter is so real and belie...more
BBBTerri
How the heck did I get sucked into the Morganville Vampires?? This is teenage, brainless vampire smut at it's finest. Seriously! I'll tell you how it happened to me.

It was such a mindless easy read...I flew through the the first book in a day. I must give credit to the author, Ms. Caine. She lead me into a clever trap at the endings of the first few books. I couldn't walk away without knowing what happened to these stupid, annoying teenagers in the Glass House. I went straight to my ipad Amazon...more
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Angie
There's a family reunion happening in Morganville, and the guests are most unwelcome. First, Claire's parents have moved to town, giving her one more thing to worry about. Secondly, Amelie's father is in town, along with two other vampires, and he's shaking things up. He may well in fact destroy Morganville unless the citizens (alive and undead) can band together to stop him. They say the enemy of your enemy is your friend, but where everyone is your enemy, how do you choose who to trust?

I love...more
Jen
I was a little reluctant to give 5 stars... but if I'm going to give a perfect review to any MV book thus far, it must be Feast of Fools.
I mean, this book was nonstop action. I literally found every idle moment I could to crack open FoF and devour as many words as I could.
Amelie's father is a mean, relentless, cold-blooded man, and will apparently stop at nothing to claim that which he wants.

Watching Claire mature is something so rare in teen novels... and really, in any novel. It seems so man...more
Lexie
Spoilers for Book 1 (Glass Houses), Book 2 (Dead Girl's Dance) and Book 3 (Midnight Alley). I should also mention that Books 3 and 4 give really good accountings of what happened in previous volumes. Obviously not all the nuances, but you get the general idea so that you're not flying blind.

Oh Book 4. Usually, by now, I am a little sick of a book series (or heck even a tv series that's reached season 4). Creators will introduce new characters, kill off old characters, put the main character in s...more
Jordan
Aïe aïe aïe ! Vampire City est en train de devenir une des mes séries préférées ! Ce quatrième tome est juste fabuleux, magique, intense, prenant, génial... Ai-je dis fabuleux ? Bon ok, je pense qu'on peut le dire : je suis accro à cette magnifique saga. D'ailleurs, comme vous avez pu le remarquer, je poursuis la série en anglais... Au moins je n'aurai pas d'attente et je ne regrette pas du tout cela ! Les romans sont de plus en plus captivants, donc plus vite je les ai, mieux c'est !
Ce tome rep...more
Lily
Reseña publicada en: http://eldesvandelosuenos.blogspot.co...

¡Ahora sí que se ha puesto la saga interesante! Si el tercero me pareció un poco más flojo, esta cuarta entrega me ha dejado sin respiración más de una vez. Es de lejos el que más me ha gustado de los que llevo leídos y se debe tanto a la vuelta de tuerca que le ha dado Rachel Caine a la trama como a la evolución de los personajes.

Los padres de Claire han vuelto a Morganville. Este dato es lo único que no me ha gustado de la novela y q...more
Melisande
J’avais vraiment envie de lire ce livre parce que vu la fin du tome précédent, il était évident que les ennuis n’étaient pas loin et que j’avais envie d’en savoir plus. Eh bien je dois dire que je ne suis pas déçue du tout parce que cette série prend vraiment plus d’ampleur à chaque tome et qu’on ne peut qu’aimer cette série (si vous y avez déjà succombé, ça sera pire avec celui-là).
L’histoire reprend peu de temps après le tome précédent. M. Bishop, le « père » d’Amelie est présent à Glass House...more
Janice (Janicu)
This is the fourth book of the young adult series about a town run by vampires and the humans who live there.

If you have read any of the books in this series, you know that Rachel Caine is fond of throwing cliffhangers into the story. The last book was no different with the unexpected arrival of new vampires to the town of Morganville, lead by Bishop, an ancient, evil vampire who also happens to be Amelie's father.

I really feel like Caine does a good job in keeping the scenery changing and the...more
Kelly
Man, this book was a tough read at the end. Not in the sense of "it was boring and I didn't want to finish it", either. More like a "OMG! OMG! OMG! ALL THIS STUFF IS HAPPENING AND IT'S MAKING ME FEEEEEEEL THINGS AND I THINK I MIGHT NEED TO PUT THE BOOK DOWN BEFORE MY HEAD EXPLODES!" sort of way. *collapses*

So. Bishop's in town. He's nasty and he wants blood and he's not into Amelie's ideas of blood donations and all that. Nope. He wants to hunt. Claire, as it turns out, isn't down with that. As...more
Alison (AlisonCanRead)
At the beginning of each new Morganville Vampires book, I wonder why I read these books. They're really silly and Claire irritates me. Yet I continue for another chapter, and I'm inevitably hooked. Rachel Caine writes potato chip books. You can't read just one page (or just one book). The story gets under your skin and before you know it, you can't tear yourself away.

Feast of Fools adds a new layer to the Morganville Vampires. Amelie's father Bishop has arrived. He is a level of evil that even t...more
  • Stake That (Blood Coven Vampire, #2)
  • Blood Feud (Drake Chronicles, #2)
  • Immortal: Love Stories with Bite
  • The Coffin Club (Vampire Kisses, #5)
  • Stargazer (Evernight, #2)
  • Twice Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #3)
  • Betrayals (Strange Angels, #2)
  • The Eternal Kiss: 13 Vampire Tales of Blood and Desire
  • Succubus Heat (Georgina Kincaid, #4)
  • Night World, No. 2 (Night World, #4-6)
  • Pride (Shifters, #3)
  • Initiation (Vampire Beach, #2)
Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1) Midnight Alley (The Morganville Vampires, #3) Carpe Corpus (The Morganville Vampires, #6) The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires, #2) Lord of Misrule (The Morganville Vampires, #5)

“I'm gonna kill him," Eve said, or at least that was what it sounded like filtered through the pillow.
Stake him right in the heart, shove garlic up his ass, and-and-"

And what?" (Michael)

When did you get home?" Claire demanded.

Apparently just in time to hear my funeral plans. I especially like the garlic up the ass. It's...different.”
1009 likes
“Crap, are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"I'm thinking we have about fifteen vampires and no blood," Claire said. "Is that it?"

"No, I was thinking we're out of chips. Of course that's what I was thinking.”
581 likes