Start by marking “Everybody Loves You” as Want to Read:
Everybody Loves You

Everybody Loves You (The Buddies Cycle #3)

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  129 ratings  ·  3 reviews
A gay ghost, a talking dog, and a street kid who thinks he's an elf-child join our narrator Bud, best friend Dennis Savage, eternally young Little Kiwi, devastating hunk Carlo, and the other characters from I've a Feeling We're Not in Kansas Anymore and Buddies in this final volume in Mordden's trilogy on gay life in the big city.

And there's trouble in paradise: Dennis Sav
Published August 15th 1989 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Everybody Loves You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Everybody Loves You

Richard
I first read this when I was a sophomore in college and -finally- seeking out gay authors. I was looking for support, understanding - role models, even. What I found here was not welcoming: a cast of brittle bitches, all self-absorption and bitter judgement. They lay claims to friendship and fellow feeling (pun intended) but they actually hate each other because they hate themselves. And apparently they fetishize every sexual encounter. There are many, many references to Opera, The Pines, and Po ...more
Melissa
once again, read this back in the late 80's in my early bookstore days.this one got a bit too-too for me. kind of an adult, gay male version of some of the more twee aspects of Francesca Lia Block's works.
Whereas Buddies could be read and enjoyed by most open-minded audiences, gay or straight, this one was a bit too insular in tone.
George Ilsley
The characters in these linked stories most often feel like caricatures rather than real people. Every now and then however Mordden gets into together and achieves sometimes larger than the sum of its parts. The Dinner Party, for example.

One of the puzzling characters is little Kiwi. He comes into his own here, but at this point he is 27 or 28. Dennis Savage is a teacher. Didn't Virgil ever go to school during these years (his age 19 onward). His simplicity and child like nature is an example o
Macartney
Macartney marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
Nick Pageant
Nick Pageant marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
BookLuva28
BookLuva28 marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2015
Chuck Rankin
Chuck Rankin marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

The Buddies Cycle (5 books)
  • I've a Feeling We're Not in Kansas Anymore
  • Buddies
  • Some Men are Lookers
  • How's Your Romance?
How Long Has This Been Going On? Buddies I've a Feeling We're Not in Kansas Anymore Some Men are Lookers How's Your Romance?