Start by marking “Hold Me Tight” as Want to Read:
Hold Me Tight

Hold Me Tight

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  99 ratings  ·  17 reviews
"I'm leaving."

Dad's words come as a complete shock to Essie. How can he just walk out on her and the family, especially when Mom is pregnant?

Essie keeps her dad's leaving a secret. Then Essie's classmate, Chris Crow, disappears, and everyone finds out he's been kidnapped. Is Chris okay? Is Dad ever coming back? Essie is left to wonder if people really have any control over...more
Published October 29th 2007 by Margaret K. McElderry Books (first published March 22nd 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Hold Me Tight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hold Me Tight

Krista the Krazy Kataloguer
I enjoyed this novel in verse despite the unbelievability of this girl enduring those 3 successive crises so close together in time. Ok, divorce is, alas, a common crisis for a child to go through, but the other two? (I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't read it.) It's the combination of the three... Nevertheless, I could empathize with her feelings, and her voice felt genuine. Recommended.
Tynia
This Book Is A Winner I Look Foward To Following This Author;
I Recommend This To Poetry Lovers!
Heather
This book was "just ok" for me until about half way through and then it picked up with some unforseen turns and kept my attention for the next hundred pages or so. I think that the author did a good job of addressing many different issues throughout the novel and wrapped them up convincingly in the end, leaving no loose ends. The fact that the book was written in verse kind of threw me off at first, but soon I got into the groove of it and enjoyed it quite a bit...though it does make the book qu...more
Christina
omg this bookk was the cutest thing ever i like cried reading it.
Melanie
Essie's father walks out on the family including her pregnant mother. Essie wonders how the family will survive without his income. To add to her worries a student from her school has been kidnapped. Then her mom's friend of many years begins to spend more and more time with the family. There's something fishy about this guy and Essie figures it out when he sexually assaulted her.
Sarah (Mood Reader)
Tara
Madison ♡
This book does not have what it deserves. This book was an emotional roller coaster. I cried maybe 1,000 times. It's so beautiful and is now easily one of my favorite novels. And the last sentence made me smile so much. Honestly, this book is beautiful.
Alicia (Lav)
This book moved a little slowly for me. I was trying to read it a little at a time but I could never get into it. Finally I just sat down and started reading determined to get a big chunk done. And that's wheni finally got into the story.
Liliana Venegas
This book is like reality to me. Not one of those crappy fantasies about how there love is stronger than anything. yes I do love those but realistic is so much better. I could take this better than a sappy crappy never will be romance.
Cara
I read this book in Jr. high and I still remember it it's all told in poems and I'm not that into poetry but it was deep and told an intense story that stuck with me. Highly recommend it.
Livvytodd
Jan 10, 2010 Livvytodd is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pge-300
This book is so heart warming so far ill tell my mom ever thing about this book! Its sad in some parts but its okay because all books have some sad things in it right?
Mia
really, really sad. so true when it comes down to reality. it could happen to anyone. it's a must read(:
Kyla
This is how I fear my verse novel will appear - just kind of, eh.
Jess
It was okay, nothing great but kept me reading. Poem form.
Jessie
It's a thick book, but it's interisting!
Trinity
This book is sooooo depressing,but it was good.
Naomi
Naomi marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Isabel Vazquez
Isabel Vazquez marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Clare
Clare marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Andrea Callacna
Andrea Callacna marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Bree Hodges
Bree Hodges marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Alyssa
Alyssa marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Ayesha Musiclover
Ayesha Musiclover marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Emily Olson
Emily Olson marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Katrina
Katrina marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Lorie Ann Grover is an awarded YA novelist and board book author whose works include Kirkus Starred Review, Firstborn, and Parents Magazine Best Children's Book, Bedtime Kiss for Little Fish. She co-founded readergirlz and readertotz. Living with her husband in the foothills of Mt. Rainier, she writes, practices weapons tai chi, and watches hawks take flight.
More about Lorie Ann Grover...
On Pointe Firstborn Bedtime Kiss For Little Fish Loose Threads Hug Hug!

“Young lady, you are God's creation, beautiful and precious. When people hurt you, it's not because you should be hurt or you deserve it. They are the ones who have done wrong.” 8 likes