Start by marking “The Unmade Bed” as Want to Read:
The Unmade Bed

The Unmade Bed

Five years earlier the beautiful actress Beatrice Valmont had broken gauche insurance broker Edouard Maligrasse's heart. Now he is an acclaimed young playwright whose star is in the ascendant and suddenly she is attracted to him."
Paperback
Published January 1st 2007 by Hesperus Press (first published 1977)

To ask other readers questions about The Unmade Bed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Unmade Bed

Guy Mankowski
Mar 14, 2012 Guy Mankowski rated it really liked it
Wonderful book. I actually find it a little unsettling just how accurately Sagan depicts affairs of the heart.
Harlan Vaughn
Oct 09, 2012 Harlan Vaughn rated it liked it
This book is...
Verbose
Melodramatic as all hell
Somehow believable
Atrociously paced but somehow that adds to its authenticity

The characters do things to one another that made my blood boil as I read. I picked this book up about 6 months ago and still think about the emotions surrounding the novel when I see it lying innocuously on the bookshelf.

Kinda makes me want to read another of her works, but I'd need to be in the French over-the-top state of mind that they purvey sooo very well.
Bookaholic
Patul răvăşit, un roman scris de Françoise Sagan, nu avea mai nimic care să mă atragă. Nici titlul, nici subiectul şi nici numele autoarei nu-mi provocau o mare curiozitate, dar acum, după ce l-am citit, nu pot să constat decît că am, în continuare, tot felul de prejudecăţi literare.

Patul răvăşit (trad. Adina Diniţoiu, Editura Art) e un roman cu foarte multe ingrediente franţuzeşti, iar Françoise Sagan le pune în pagină cu un simţ aparte pentru fineţurile psihologice esenţiale într-o histoire d’
Sever Gulea
Jul 30, 2014 Sever Gulea rated it really liked it
Povestea lui Sagan sondează psihologia unei iubiri pătimașe, cu reliefuri patologice, proiectând-o pe un fundal adecvat, al lumii decadente a spectacolului și high-lifeului parizian. În ciuda faptului că par să trăiască în epoca necesității plăcerii, a celebrării libertinajului și individualismului, protagoniștii lui Sagan par însă mai lipsiți de libertate ca niciodată – iată cum percepe chiar Edouard ceea ce trăiește cu Beatrice: Era ca și cum s-ar fi urcat din mers într-un carusel asurzitor și ...more
Musa Mustafayev
Nov 03, 2012 Musa Mustafayev rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book so much. It has very exceptional characters with special personalities and their relationship between each other was sad and unfair. This love novel was unlike others. It describes the strength of a love and jealousy and cheating. In this book love overcomes everything and makes the female part to love back. really enjoyed reading it.
Helynne
Jul 27, 2016 Helynne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Le lit défait, one of the later of Françoise Sagan’s 20 novels, brings readers into the world of theater—playwrights, directors, and actors—of which she was a part as the author of several plays. Béatrice is a popular stage and film actress and a party girl whose lovers are legion and who has no qualms about indulging herself frivolously, spontaneously, and completely. Five years earlier she had a fling with Edouard when he was an unknown then quickly dumped him for a much richer lover. Now that ...more
Marta
Aug 01, 2016 Marta rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: personīgās, jumava, 2016
Sagāna man vienmēr asociējusies ar kaut ko smalku un sirdij sāpīgu, bet laikam jābūt arī tādai grāmatai, ko lasot, neko no tā nejūt un gribas tikai mest pret sienu no dusmām "kur es atkal sevi ievilku". sižets ir tik vienkāršs, ka acis sāp lasot 238 lappuses, jo visu var uzrakstīt 3 teikumos. Sākumā vēl bija interesanti un protams, varoņos varu arī sevi ieraudzīt, bet pasniegšanas veids ir vļeh.
Sophie
Dec 05, 2013 Sophie rated it liked it
3.5 stars...this wasn't my favourite of her books. Don't get me wrong, the story was great as it really gave you food for thought however it seemed like there was something missing, something I quite can't put a finger on.
Josephina
Jun 08, 2007 Josephina is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I'm past page 70, and I still don't know what this book is about. Something something something man loves woman who is off her head and doesn't care... and I'm waiting until I see why Saigon wrote a book about this.
Carlos Hugo Winckler Godinho
Gostoso de ler, porém era limitado como todas histórias que falam de amor de casais exclusivamente.
Evija
Evija marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2016
Inês Bc
Inês Bc marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2016
Sarra
Sarra rated it liked it
Sep 19, 2016
Aisulu
Aisulu marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2016
Mă Dă
Mă Dă marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2016
Fatima
Fatima marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2016
Daria Chernysh
Daria Chernysh marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2016
Ioana Hodor
Ioana Hodor marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2016
Elva Eglīte
Elva Eglīte rated it did not like it
Aug 24, 2016
Daria
Daria rated it liked it
Sarra
Sarra marked it as to-read
Anette-viktoria
Anette-viktoria is currently reading it
Aug 17, 2016
James Smith
James Smith marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2016
Camus Patrick
Camus Patrick rated it really liked it
  • Some Thing Black
  • Thérèse
  • Au-delà de cette limite votre ticket n'est plus valable
  • The Bohemians of the Latin Quarter: Scenes de la Vie de Boheme
  • Mouchette
  • Lolita: The Story of a Cover Girl: Vladimir Nabokov's Novel in Art and Design
  • Une forme de vie
  • Days of Reading
Born Françoise Quoirez, she grew up in a French, Catholic, bourgeois family. She was an independent thinker and avid reader as a young girl, and upon failing her examinations for continuing at the Sorbonne, she became a writer.

She went to her family's home in the south of France and wrote her first novel, Bonjour Tristesse, at age 18. She submitted it to Editions Juillard in January 1954 and it
More about Françoise Sagan...