Start by marking “The Unmade Bed” as Want to Read:
The Unmade Bed

The Unmade Bed

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  197 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Five years earlier the beautiful actress Beatrice Valmont had broken gauche insurance broker Edouard Maligrasse's heart. Now he is an acclaimed young playwright whose star is in the ascendant and suddenly she is attracted to him."
Paperback
Published January 1st 2007 by Hesperus Press (first published 1977)

To ask other readers questions about The Unmade Bed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Unmade Bed

Harlan Vaughn
This book is...
Verbose
Melodramatic as all hell
Somehow believable
Atrociously paced but somehow that adds to its authenticity

The characters do things to one another that made my blood boil as I read. I picked this book up about 6 months ago and still think about the emotions surrounding the novel when I see it lying innocuously on the bookshelf.

Kinda makes me want to read another of her works, but I'd need to be in the French over-the-top state of mind that they purvey sooo very well.
Guy Mankowski
Wonderful book. I actually find it a little unsettling just how accurately Sagan depicts affairs of the heart.
Bookaholic
Patul răvăşit, un roman scris de Françoise Sagan, nu avea mai nimic care să mă atragă. Nici titlul, nici subiectul şi nici numele autoarei nu-mi provocau o mare curiozitate, dar acum, după ce l-am citit, nu pot să constat decît că am, în continuare, tot felul de prejudecăţi literare.

Patul răvăşit (trad. Adina Diniţoiu, Editura Art) e un roman cu foarte multe ingrediente franţuzeşti, iar Françoise Sagan le pune în pagină cu un simţ aparte pentru fineţurile psihologice esenţiale într-o histoire d’
Sever Gulea
Povestea lui Sagan sondează psihologia unei iubiri pătimașe, cu reliefuri patologice, proiectând-o pe un fundal adecvat, al lumii decadente a spectacolului și high-lifeului parizian. În ciuda faptului că par să trăiască în epoca necesității plăcerii, a celebrării libertinajului și individualismului, protagoniștii lui Sagan par însă mai lipsiți de libertate ca niciodată – iată cum percepe chiar Edouard ceea ce trăiește cu Beatrice: Era ca și cum s-ar fi urcat din mers într-un carusel asurzitor și ...more
Musa Mustafayev
I loved this book so much. It has very exceptional characters with special personalities and their relationship between each other was sad and unfair. This love novel was unlike others. It describes the strength of a love and jealousy and cheating. In this book love overcomes everything and makes the female part to love back. really enjoyed reading it.
Sophie
3.5 stars...this wasn't my favourite of her books. Don't get me wrong, the story was great as it really gave you food for thought however it seemed like there was something missing, something I quite can't put a finger on.
Josephina
Jun 08, 2007 Josephina is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I'm past page 70, and I still don't know what this book is about. Something something something man loves woman who is off her head and doesn't care... and I'm waiting until I see why Saigon wrote a book about this.
Carlos Hugo Winckler Godinho
Gostoso de ler, porém era limitado como todas histórias que falam de amor de casais exclusivamente.
Katia S.
Letto da adolescente ... Non ne conservo nessun ricordo. Non è buon segno ;)
Tomaz
Love can happen even in the place you would never expect to find it!
HenryBandini
HenryBandini marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Alekz
Alekz marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Juli
Juli is currently reading it
Jan 13, 2015
Nicolle
Nicolle marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Josefine A.
Josefine A. marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Olga
Olga is currently reading it
Jan 02, 2015
Neda
Neda marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Alison Mccann
Alison Mccann is currently reading it
Jan 03, 2015
Nell Fraser
Nell Fraser marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
  • Au-delà de cette limite votre ticket n'est plus valable
  • Life is Short and Desire Endless
  • New York Stories
  • Ten Stories about Smoking
  • Le Colonel Chabert
  • L'Egoïste Romantique
  • A Parisian Affair and Other Stories (34 stories)
  • Hiroshima mon amour
  • Forever Young
  • The Bohemians of the Latin Quarter: Scenes de la Vie de Boheme
  • The Dreamers
  • Le Zubial
  • Le Club des Incorrigibles Optimistes
  • L'Évangile de Jimmy
Born Françoise Quoirez, she grew up in a French, Catholic, bourgeois family. She was an independent thinker and avid reader as a young girl, and upon failing her examinations for continuing at the Sorbonne, she became a writer.

She went to her family's home in the south of France and wrote her first novel, Bonjour Tristesse, at age 18. She submitted it to Editions Juillard in January 1954 and it
More about Françoise Sagan...
Bonjour Tristesse Aimez-vous Brahms? A Certain Smile Bonjour Tristesse & A Certain Smile Sunlight on Cold Water