Start by marking “Merlin's Gift” as Want to Read:
Merlin's Gift

Merlin's Gift

3.51 of 5 stars 3.51  ·  rating details  ·  39 ratings  ·  5 reviews
It is the glory days of Camelot, as King Arthur begins a campaign to conquer all of Europe. But his unhappy bastard son Mordred foresees only doom, and the downfall of Arthur and Britain. And so Mordred and Queen Guinevere plot to overthrow Arthur, sparking a civil war, and setting the stage for the return of the wizard Merlin, exiled years earlier by the king.
Published August 1st 1997 by Avon Books

To ask other readers questions about Merlin's Gift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Merlin's Gift

Jackie
Better than Mordred's Curse.
Mordred is less bitter, and his view of the characters are more likeable.
Still vulgar and full of profanity, it is worth the read if you enjoy alternate Arthurian works.
Dan 1.0
Right off the bat, this book has my favorite opening line of any book ever. I'd relate it here but I don't want to spoil it. Never the less, it was what made me decide I was going to enjoy this book and its predecessor, Mordred's Curse.

Dan 1.0

Merlin's Gift was a great sequel and a logical follow up to the first book. It's ten years later and Mordred and Guinevere are keeping things on the down low after the climax of the last book. Guinevere's sister is changing and Mordred goes to Merlin for help. Lit
Dinos
This is a very satisfying conclusion to the two-part series that begins with "Mordred's Curse."

I like this book better than the first, partly because Mordred has moved beyond his bitterness toward the world and especially his father, Arthur. This book doesn't get bogged down with Mordred's youthful narcissism and self-pity the way the first book does; as a result, Mordred is a more sympathetic character, though still not entirely likeable.

The extent of Merlin's depravity, only hinted at in the f
Nikki
This sequel is again written from Mordred's point of view. He's still the same average guy, not quite a hero, but nothing terrible either. It's interesting how he gets Lancelot's role in this, but then, this book definitely isn't the kind in which our courtly lover would exactly fit. The fact that Mordred is starting to like Arthur again after all his bitterness toward him in the first book is realistic, and introduces a bit more conflict into it.

The first line of the book makes me snicker: "Non
Thethirdtroll
Thethirdtroll marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
A.
A. marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Lisa Raksin
Lisa Raksin marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Kris
Kris marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Amashelle
Amashelle is currently reading it
Dec 13, 2014
Jennifer Tait
Jennifer Tait marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Lancegood
Lancegood marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Flowers
Flowers marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
Elissa Nguyen
Elissa Nguyen marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Clair Bolthouse
Clair Bolthouse marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2014
Daniel Bielawa
Daniel Bielawa marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2013
Emilie
Emilie marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2013
Carl Schelin
Carl Schelin marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2013
Aimee Davis
Aimee Davis marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2013
Witch Blaster
Witch Blaster marked it as to-read
May 17, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Mordred's Curse Measuring Health: A Guide to Rating Scales and Questionnaires (Revised) Love in Vein: Twenty Original Tales of Vampiric Erotica The Year's Best Horror Stories XVIII Isaac Asimov's Camelot