Start by marking “Man of Ice ” as Want to Read:
Man of Ice

Man of Ice (Bighorn, Wyoming #2)

3.85  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,011 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
Man of the Month --- MR. MAY

Ice Man: Dawson Rutherford, our 100th Silhouette hero!
His scheme: Plan a mock engagement to help secure the land he so desperately needed.

Only one woman had the power to drive this seemingly heartless cowboy wild, and now he needed her to pose as his bride-to-be! A tempestuous night long ago had forced Dawson to abandon all hope of making Barrie
Paperback, Silhouette Desire #1000, 192 pages
Published May 1996 by Silhouette

The Desert King by Olivia GatesTo Tempt a Sheikh by Olivia GatesTo Tame a Sheikh by Olivia GatesThe Once And Future Prince by Olivia GatesThe Illegitimate King by Olivia Gates
Favorite Silhouette
54th out of 378 books — 53 voters
Fallen Too Far by Abbi GlinesStepbrother Dearest by Penelope WardFallen Crest High by Tijans BooksFalling for the Ghost of You by Nicole ChristieRival by Penelope Douglas
Step Siblings or Related in Love
57th out of 149 books — 352 voters

More lists with this book...

Alexis-Morgan Roark
Nov 28, 2011 Alexis-Morgan Roark rated it liked it
Recommended to Alexis-Morgan by: alexisroark@sbcglobal.net
So...he had sex but hadn't had an orgasm? Huh? I feel a re-read coming on. I guess he had sex but had never felt "close" to the women or something.

Whatever. I wanna call him TSTL-am quite twitching with the need to do so actually-but, I just can't. This guy was damaged and needed some serious therapy.

He was so mean, cruel even (surprise, DP hero afterall) throughout the book that I really started not even liking him.

Then the big old jerk got himself all drunk and I just melted as he succeeded in
Kay
Feb 24, 2012 Kay rated it really liked it
Shelves: print
Fiona Marsden
Jul 04, 2014 Fiona Marsden rated it it was amazing
This my first Diana Palmer book. I can't believe I never read her before. This has all my crazy feels. Virgins, abstinent men because reasons, tortured hero (see previous comment). This is my idea of a reunion romance. All the hurt and the angst but also all of the love.

Barrie and Dawson are step-siblings. They pretty much combusted when they first met and she was sixteen and he was a few years older. I never quite figured out exactly. She fell in love and he fell in fear. Cos of "reasons" which
Janie
I feel a headache come on everytime I think about Dawson. I think he might be an even bigger d*** than JB Hammock from Heartbreaker! Keep in mind that JB was a JERK, maybe even along the lines of Tate Winthrop from Paper Rose. Diana Palmer wasn't kidding when she titled this book Man of Ice. description

Like all DP books I love, this made me bawl my eyes out for our sweet, virginal heroine.
description

Weird how I still love to reread this book though (at least once a month!), which I first discovered when I was 14 (6 y
Jonel Boyko
Dec 07, 2013 Jonel Boyko rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Palmer returns to the scene and makes us fall in love with Wyoming all over again with this heartbreakingly heart-warming tale. She uses exquisitely vivid descriptions that you can’t help but picture. I can barely express how fully she drew me into this tale. The narrator really enhanced the story with his varying pace, tone, and emotion.

You get to know the main characters of this tale in intimate detail. Their past, present, and futures all make their way into this tale. I felt for these chara
Cenna Lipscomb
Oct 31, 2013 Cenna Lipscomb rated it it was ok
I think the male character in this story needed some serious counseling. I can't see any man going 5 years without finding out why he is impotent. Of course he was carrying around some major guilt, as well he should after forcing his step sister to have sex with him and just leaving her the way he did, blaming her for everything. Unfortunately the female mother roles he was exposed to had already warped his perception of women. As for our heroine, what a doormat. How could she possibly be in lov ...more
DA4Pups
Yes - the H is a jerk and hurts the h - but a huge mass of insecurities from his childhood. Usually DP's heroes can be jerks over things from the past that I want to say - pull up your big-boy pants and grow up. But this H, gotta say Wow - I could kind of see why he is the way he is - events witnessed and experienced formed warped views of women and relationships with them (this is DP and Harlequin, so a little OTT and dramatic - but if you read them, you should know what to expect and judge it ...more
Aarann
Since I recently did a review of the WTF-tastic "Maggie's Dad" which featured these two main characters as supporting cast, I got a jones to re-read this one. Anyone who is familiar with my reviews knows that I have this weird love-to-hateread thing when it comes to Diana Palmer, particularly the stuff she wrote in the 80s and 90s. Like, I'll be reading it and thinking, "This is truly awful," and yet, I just can't stop myself from coming back to her. I'm pretty sure there's a crack comparison in ...more
Lelyana
Aug 05, 2011 Lelyana rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Membaca buku ini , seperti naik roller coaster...emosi tokohnya naik turun secara sangat cepat , menandakan orang2 yang tidak stabil secara emosional.

Tokoh utama impoten dan tokoh wanita frigid, kecuali reaksi antara satu sama lain.
Bersaudara tiri akibat perkawinan, Berrie naksir berat sama Dawson (tokoh utama yg so pasti keren abis tampangnya) ,saat liburan di Riviera, mereka had sex, dan Berrie di tinggalkan Dawson, humiliated !
Hamil dan keguguran akibat peristiwa itu, Berrie justru menghilan
Claire
Jul 19, 2014 Claire rated it did not like it
Sometimes you feel so strongly about a book, simply rating it just won't do.

This is one of those books. I can't describe how much I hated it.

To preface, I know that romance novels aren't the place to go for strong, self-sufficient heroines or sensitive, type B guys. But Man of Ice offended me on multiple levels and I wanted to get it out there for other readers.

First, let's get this out in the open. The hero raped the heroine. You can couch it in "I wanted you so badly I couldn't stop" as much a
Amanda Sheila
Feb 25, 2014 Amanda Sheila rated it really liked it
I liked it.

Even though the story's full of push and pull and misunderstanding that somehow very ridiculous, I still loved it. Mostly because the story's very typical of Diana Palmer and I gotten used with its pace. I'm comfortable.

I was expecting more angst from heroine's side but this one's do. Could be a little bit better though. But overall, my favorite. I enjoyed it, I wish there's more from Diana Palmer. Can't wait to read the next book! :)
Jenny
May 31, 2013 Jenny rated it liked it
Impotent bipolar hero with mommy issues is in love with his sweet shy stepsister but both afraid of sex and intimacy. There is too much ugly history between them the hero raped the heroine even though she doesn't see it that way, she got pregnant she lost the baby and five years later he is back to make amends.

I wasn't disappointed, it was a good read and I liked it well enough.
Kayla Doucet
Apr 22, 2015 Kayla Doucet rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not good, nope not good at all. Not what I expected and not anything I want to read again. Began with a fairly interesting story that made me want to continue to read -- then it all went to hell in a hand basket. Terrible characters, terrible development, terrible story line.
Redwyne
Jan 15, 2016 Redwyne rated it liked it
3.5 (why can't we give half stars)

Much better than Maggie's Dad and I liked the issues the H had vs all problems being the h and the H saves the day.

Very dated book (hey Diana Palmer!) but she is totally a guilty pleasure. Would have liked more of the book to take place after the wedding. And more time devoted to the H overcoming his sexual hang ups.

And there was issue with timeline...the H whines about how badly his mommy treated him because she was forced to we'd daddy (preggers, u know) but l
Sandra T.
Aug 08, 2015 Sandra T. rated it really liked it
Between 4 and 5, leaning toward 5 stars. I read this book years ago but was too young to really understand the complexity of relationships and to appreciate the characters' depth. I vaguely remember how I hated Dawson for what he did to Barrie and how much I loved her character. Man of Ice (it belonged to my older sister but I got curious) was my first read in Romance genre and is my favorite besides Perfect by Judith McNaught, Beautiful Dreamer and Forbidden by Elizabeth Lowell and Shades of Tw ...more
Sulis Peri Hutan
read more: http://www.kubikelromance.com/2012/06...

Buku ini sebenernya cukup menguras emosi. Di awali dengan 'reuni' antara Dawson dan Barrie yang sejak lima tahun lalu selalu menghindari satu sama lain, sejak peristiwa 'itu'. Dengan berjalannya cerita, mereka berdua mengurai kembali kisah yang seperti benang kusut, kisah yang tidak bisa dienyahkan dalam kehidupan mereka.

Dawson dan Barrie adalah saudara tiri, namun di mata Barrie, Dawson tidak seperti kakaknya, dia sangat memujanya, Dawson tahu
sharon a creamer
Man of ice

I am a great fan of Diana Palmer. I fortunately have not found one book of her that do not rate a five star. she keeps you in suspense and interested. they are full of romance and sex makes you wish life was always this romantic. not all books keep me interested. I usually put a book down easily, however with Diana's I hate to put it down. I wish they were cheaper but they are worth waiting to afford them.
RebeccaL
Sep 28, 2014 RebeccaL rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-read
I really like Diana Palmer books. The few I read I mostly rated 4 stars and above. This book would have rated higher if I like the hero better. I don't understand his bitterness and I don't fully understand why the heroine loved him considering he had never ever been kind to her until they meet again. If not for this fact, I enjoyed the storyline and the writing.
Shirley Alvarez
Apr 25, 2015 Shirley Alvarez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Man of Ice

I read this book many years ago and was so happy to get it on my kindle. This is one of my favorite love story. Now I have all Diana Palmer books.AND TRUST ME! SHE NEVER WROTE A BAD ONE!
Linda
Oct 11, 2014 Linda rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone that love romance stories
This was a reread for me since I first read it back in 1996. One of Diana Palmer's better stories! BTW read Maggie's Dad first because they tie in together!
Leyns
Feb 05, 2016 Leyns rated it it was ok
I didn't enjoy this one. He was so cruel, over and over again. He hurt her repeatedly to save his pride. That's not love.
Sue Stelly
May 06, 2015 Sue Stelly rated it liked it
Dawsone, ty jsi ale...
Felis Linanda
Nov 02, 2014 Felis Linanda rated it liked it
Love the guy on this book
shms
The H was seriously twisted, his behavior was enough to give anyone whiplash and it kinda reminded me of friend's psycho husband. DP really pulled it out of the bag and saved this for me. It takes some doing walking that fine line between crazy and sane.

I like how the h seemed really mature about her insight into H's behaviour, none of that flouncy contradictory behaviour we get from h's. Mind you that could be becuase, in this case, the H behaved like that.
Indah Threez Lestari
tokoh pria: impoten
tokoh wanita: fobia laki-laki
penyebab: percintaan paksa (pemerkosaan, maybe?) yang terjadi lima tahun sebelumnya, yang membuat keduanya trauma berkepanjangan.

tapi tenang saja, pasti sebelum halaman terakhir para tokoh akan menyadari kesalahpahaman masing2 bahwa mereka ternyata saling mencintai, trus penyakit mereka otomatis sembuh, dan mereka pun menikah...

the end dah.

Amel Armeliana
A quick read dan tidak begitu terkesan dgn buku ini. Hero nya too bitter dan nyebelin sampe hampir lembar2 terakhir. Cuma karena udah terlanjur dibaca, ya sudah dikelarin. Biasanya walo nyebelin, cowok2 di buku DP masih ok. Tp beneran sebel sama si Dawson ini. Dua bintang cukup.
nurmawati
Diah Didi
Penasaran baca ini karna banyak yang bilang bagus banget. Well, I liked it, I read it couple of times as a matter of fact, but I didn't think it's that special. :)
Jessica
Nov 04, 2008 Jessica rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Good for a romance--which I read to fall asleep (can't get too interested in a book at bedtime or I'll be up all night). Brain fodder, but not boring.
Tammy Foster
Mar 05, 2013 Tammy Foster rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2013-books-read
Very disappointing. This felt like the same story was being retold over and over again and I just thought it had no substance.
  • Living in Sin (Living In..., #2)
  • An Insatiable Passion
  • An Insatiable Passion
  • The Italian Billionaire's Ruthless Revenge
  • The Russian's Acquisition
  • Boss Man (The Tycoon Club #2)
  • Return to Santa Flores (Loveswept, #40)
  • Sold to the Enemy
  • Too Hot to Handle
  • The Millionaire's Secret Wish (Harlequin Romance Manga)
  • Bayi Sang Miliarder (The Billionaire And The Baby)
  • Still in My Heart (Ryland Brothers, #5)
  • Mansion for My Love (Harlequin Presents, #567)
  • Smokescreen Marriage / Pernikahan Semu
  • Craving Beauty
  • Anak Sang Kekasih (Having His Baby) - 3 Bayi Untuk 3 Saudara Book 2
  • The Disobedient Virgin (The Ramirez Brides #3)

Diana Palmer is a pseudonym for author Susan Kyle.

(1)romance author
Susan Eloise Spaeth was born on 11 December 1946 in Cuthbert, Georgia, USA. She was the eldest daughter of Maggie Eloise Cliatt, a nurse and also journalist, and William Olin Spaeth, a college professor. Her mother was part of the women's libera
More about Diana Palmer...

Bighorn, Wyoming (2 books)
  • Maggie's Dad