Man of Ice

Man of Ice (Bighorn, Wyoming #2)

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  737 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Man of the Month --- MR. MAY

Ice Man: Dawson Rutherford, our 100th Silhouette hero!
His scheme: Plan a mock engagement to help secure the land he so desperately needed.

Only one woman had the power to drive this seemingly heartless cowboy wild, and now he needed her to pose as his bride-to-be! A tempestuous night long ago had forced Dawson to abandon all hope of making Barrie...more
Paperback, Silhouette Desire #1000, 192 pages
Published May 1996 by Silhouette

To ask other readers questions about Man of Ice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Man of Ice

A Bed of Sand by Laura WrightMistress Bought and Paid For by Junko OkadaThe Seduction Bid by Kazuko FujitaThe Cinderella Solution by Kyoko SagaraAn Officer and a Princess by Megumi Toda
Harlequin Manga
82nd out of 131 books — 63 voters
The Desert King by Olivia GatesTo Tempt a Sheikh by Olivia GatesTo Tame a Sheikh by Olivia GatesThe Once And Future Prince by Olivia GatesThe Illegitimate King by Olivia Gates
Favorite Silhouette
43rd out of 296 books — 44 voters

More lists with this book...

Alexis-Morgan Roark
Nov 28, 2011 Alexis-Morgan Roark rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Alexis-Morgan by: alexisroark@sbcglobal.net
So...he had sex but hadn't had an orgasm? Huh? I feel a re-read coming on. I guess he had sex but had never felt "close" to the women or something.

Whatever. I wanna call him TSTL-am quite twitching with the need to do so actually-but, I just can't. This guy was damaged and needed some serious therapy.

He was so mean, cruel even (surprise, DP hero afterall) throughout the book that I really started not even liking him.

Then the big old jerk got himself all drunk and I just melted as he succeeded in...more
Kay
Feb 24, 2012 Kay rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: print
Fiona Marsden
This my first Diana Palmer book. I can't believe I never read her before. This has all my crazy feels. Virgins, abstinent men because reasons, tortured hero (see previous comment). This is my idea of a reunion romance. All the hurt and the angst but also all of the love.

Barrie and Dawson are step-siblings. They pretty much combusted when they first met and she was sixteen and he was a few years older. I never quite figured out exactly. She fell in love and he fell in fear. Cos of "reasons" which...more
Jonel Boyko
Palmer returns to the scene and makes us fall in love with Wyoming all over again with this heartbreakingly heart-warming tale. She uses exquisitely vivid descriptions that you can’t help but picture. I can barely express how fully she drew me into this tale. The narrator really enhanced the story with his varying pace, tone, and emotion.

You get to know the main characters of this tale in intimate detail. Their past, present, and futures all make their way into this tale. I felt for these chara...more
Lelyana Taufik
Membaca buku ini , seperti naik roller coaster...emosi tokohnya naik turun secara sangat cepat , menandakan orang2 yang tidak stabil secara emosional.

Tokoh utama impoten dan tokoh wanita frigid, kecuali reaksi antara satu sama lain.
Bersaudara tiri akibat perkawinan, Berrie naksir berat sama Dawson (tokoh utama yg so pasti keren abis tampangnya) ,saat liburan di Riviera, mereka had sex, dan Berrie di tinggalkan Dawson, humiliated !
Hamil dan keguguran akibat peristiwa itu, Berrie justru menghilan...more
Cenna Lipscomb
I think the male character in this story needed some serious counseling. I can't see any man going 5 years without finding out why he is impotent. Of course he was carrying around some major guilt, as well he should after forcing his step sister to have sex with him and just leaving her the way he did, blaming her for everything. Unfortunately the female mother roles he was exposed to had already warped his perception of women. As for our heroine, what a doormat. How could she possibly be in lov...more
Claire
Sometimes you feel so strongly about a book, simply rating it just won't do.

This is one of those books. I can't describe how much I hated it.

To preface, I know that romance novels aren't the place to go for strong, self-sufficient heroines or sensitive, type B guys. But Man of Ice offended me on multiple levels and I wanted to get it out there for other readers.

First, let's get this out in the open. The hero raped the heroine. You can couch it in "I wanted you so badly I couldn't stop" as much a...more
Amanda Sheila
I liked it.

Even though the story's full of push and pull and misunderstanding that somehow very ridiculous, I still loved it. Mostly because the story's very typical of Diana Palmer and I gotten used with its pace. I'm comfortable.

I was expecting more angst from heroine's side but this one's do. Could be a little bit better though. But overall, my favorite. I enjoyed it, I wish there's more from Diana Palmer. Can't wait to read the next book! :)
Jenny
Impotent bipolar hero with mommy issues is in love with his sweet shy stepsister but both afraid of sex and intimacy. There is too much ugly history between them the hero raped the heroine even though she doesn't see it that way, she got pregnant she lost the baby and five years later he is back to make amends.

I wasn't disappointed, it was a good read and I liked it well enough.
shms
The H was seriously twisted, his behavior was enough to give anyone whiplash and it kinda reminded me of friend's psycho husband. DP really pulled it out of the bag and saved this for me. It takes some doing walking that fine line between crazy and sane.

I like how the h seemed really mature about her insight into H's behaviour, none of that flouncy contradictory behaviour we get from h's. Mind you that could be becuase, in this case, the H behaved like that.
Indah Threez Lestari
tokoh pria: impoten
tokoh wanita: fobia laki-laki
penyebab: percintaan paksa (pemerkosaan, maybe?) yang terjadi lima tahun sebelumnya, yang membuat keduanya trauma berkepanjangan.

tapi tenang saja, pasti sebelum halaman terakhir para tokoh akan menyadari kesalahpahaman masing2 bahwa mereka ternyata saling mencintai, trus penyakit mereka otomatis sembuh, dan mereka pun menikah...

the end dah.

Amel Armeliana
A quick read dan tidak begitu terkesan dgn buku ini. Hero nya too bitter dan nyebelin sampe hampir lembar2 terakhir. Cuma karena udah terlanjur dibaca, ya sudah dikelarin. Biasanya walo nyebelin, cowok2 di buku DP masih ok. Tp beneran sebel sama si Dawson ini. Dua bintang cukup.
nurmawati
Diah Didi
Penasaran baca ini karna banyak yang bilang bagus banget. Well, I liked it, I read it couple of times as a matter of fact, but I didn't think it's that special. :)
Jessica
Good for a romance--which I read to fall asleep (can't get too interested in a book at bedtime or I'll be up all night). Brain fodder, but not boring.
Tammy Foster
Very disappointing. This felt like the same story was being retold over and over again and I just thought it had no substance.
Melis
Dawson ile Barrie'yi okumakta güzeldi. Birinci kitaptaki o çekişmeleri daha iyi hissettim burada :)))
Erotic Horizon
Man Of Ice (Man Of The Month, Celebration 1000) (Silhouette Desire, No 1000) by Diana Palmer (1996)
Dini Puspitarini
I have no idea about this book. Not good enough.... but why I can not stop to read that???
Sandra-mae Watling
Sandra-mae Watling marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Jill
Jill added it
Aug 13, 2014
Rebecca Marliana
Rebecca Marliana is currently reading it
Aug 12, 2014
Peggy Stavropoulos
Peggy Stavropoulos marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Lilik Kurniati
Lilik Kurniati marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Jackie
Jackie marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
  • Too Hot to Handle
  • Return to Santa Flores (Loveswept, #40)
  • Blue Sage (Western Lovers: Ranch Rogues, #2)
  • Pernikahan Pura-Pura (A Mediterranean Marriage #5)
  • The Thrill of Victory
  • Craving Beauty (Silhouette Desire, #1667)
  • Sarah's Child (Spencer-Nyle Co, #1)
  • Honey and the Hired Hand
  • The Disobedient Virgin (The Ramirez Brides #3)
  • Undone by His Touch
  • Cinta Terpendam (Marriage At His Convenience)
  • Stand-In Wife
  • Love's Legacy
  • Yurara, Vol. 4
  • The Brazilian's Blackmailed Bride (The Ramirez Brides #2)
  • Falling For Sarah (The Bodyguards Of L.A. County, #2)

(1)romance author
Susan Eloise Spaeth was born on 11 December 1946 in Cuthbert, Georgia, USA. She was the eldest daughter of Maggie Eloise Cliatt, a nurse and also journalist, and William Olin Spaeth, a college professor. Her mother was part of the women's liberation movement many years before it became fashionab...more
More about Diana Palmer...
Lawless Heartless (Long, Tall Texans, #36) Lawman (STP - Mira) Fearless (Long, Tall Texans, #35) Renegade