Start by marking “Blame It on Paris” as Want to Read:
Blame It on Paris

Blame It on Paris (Blame It On #2)

3.48  ·  Rating Details  ·  396 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
Kelly Rochard is determined to have one last adventure before settling down to married life! Still, being mugged at the Louvre is not what she had in mind for her long-awaited trip to Paris. Until Will Maguire comes to her aid, and she finds herself completely distracted by the handsome stranger in the Notre Dame sweatshirt. Kelly can't seem to resist the world's most roma ...more
Published April 1st 2008 by Harlequin Books

To ask other readers questions about Blame It on Paris, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blame It on Paris

Weekend in Paris by Robyn SismanThe Chocolate Temptation by Laura FlorandSleeping with Paris by Juliette SobanetHidden in Paris by Corine GantzFaking It by Leah Marie Brown
Lumière: Romance Novels Set in Paris
36th out of 94 books — 8 voters
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie PerkinsThe Paris Wife by Paula McLainDie for Me by Amy PlumMy Life in France by Julia ChildMe Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris
Best Paris Stories
49th out of 79 books — 121 voters

More lists with this book...

Feb 18, 2009 Jennifer rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Romantics who don't mind plot's with sinkholes in them.
Shelves: romance, chicklit, 2009
Julie (jjmachshev)
Mar 25, 2008 Julie (jjmachshev) rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2008-reads
This was a very good read. The story had humor and an engaging pair of lead characters who worked out their issues in a logical and caring fashion while growing closer to each other. This was a story about the mistakes people make in their lives and how taking the hard road to fix these mistakes can sometimes lead to something so much better. It's also about what it takes to create a lasting partnership and how no relationship can survive without forgiveness. Wow! All that and humor too!

Kelly is
Theresa Schmidt
Jan 01, 2016 Theresa Schmidt rated it did not like it
Ugh; I'm so incredibly disgusted by this and terribly bewildered by all the positive reviews. I started reading this, but then when I got 50 pages into it and the main characters were having sex the day they met I realized it just isn't my type of novel. So much for the main character being engaged; if a person's willing to cheat WITH you, they're not going to have problems cheating ON you either. Definitely not "true love" or "romantic" to me; a completely unhealthy, unsatisfying and unromantic ...more
Darla Stokes
Mar 25, 2016 Darla Stokes rated it it was ok
Engaged woman goes off by herself to Paris to secretly look for info on her dead birth father. She gets mugged, and pretty much moves in with her rescuer. I thoroughly disliked the heroine, and the "romance" in this story was pretty much a by-the-numbers damsel in distress. Having her attempt to rescue the hero in return (view spoiler) did not make her a strong, capable woman. It just made her more unlikable. The hero? He was just t ...more
Ryann Murphy
Mar 29, 2008 Ryann Murphy rated it it was ok
Aydah
Sep 15, 2015 Aydah rated it liked it
It was mediocre. I knew who the bitch was going to end up with. Why am I not surprised? So predictable! I can't leave myself hanging in the middle of the book after starting it. It's going to bug the shit out of me even after knowing what's going to happen. I'm going to read another mediocre romance novel because I'm turning into this huge middle-aged fat guy sitting on a couch reading romance novels at Barnes and Nobles, while sipping on strawberry cream from Starbucks.
Bridget
Mar 03, 2012 Bridget rated it liked it
This was entertaining. I picked it up at a library sale for 50 cents because, well, it takes place in Paris and I love that city. However, there isn't a whole lot of Paris in the book - it's mostly a story about two strangers from South Bend, Indiana, that happen to meet in Paris. The only thing that bothered me was the dialogue because it wasn't all that believable. Example: the knight in shining armor calls his lover "Cookie" (repeatedly) and it's supposed to be hot. Apologies if this is commo ...more
Melissa Sandoval
Aug 07, 2014 Melissa Sandoval rated it liked it
Totally cliché. I didn't feel any chemistry between the couple. It was an alright book to occupy me between series. It was blah. Maybe I just don't like her writing style. Oh well. Off to the next adventure.
Joy
Nov 23, 2010 Joy rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Mugged of her purse while in Paris, the heroine is left with no money, no passport, and no hotel key. So she emailed all her friends to wire money to an address in London while manning the computer from Nigeria--OH WAIT, no, actually a hunky American JUST HAPPENED to be on the scene and whisk her away for a mad romantic sex tour of Paris that would have been even more awesome had she not been engaged to someone else at the time . Turns out the hero and heroine have more in common than nookie in ...more
Kapria
Apr 13, 2014 Kapria rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. I didn't care for the main character due to her indecision and unfaithfulness, but I did enjoy the plot and the humor that came along with it.
Marcia Harbour
Jan 20, 2015 Marcia Harbour rated it really liked it
I liked this. It started good , the got a little "long". Ending was good.
Joyce
Nov 16, 2013 Joyce rated it it was amazing
This was really a well written romance. Girl escapes to Paris because she needs some breathing room, she falls in love even though she has a fiance in the states. Oops. It just gets better with every page. I really like the way the Paris boyfriend treats the states boyfriend (will not tell any spoilers - you need to read the book). This rates high on my romance novel status. Really like Greene's writing style.
Jennifer Greene
Aug 19, 2010 Jennifer Greene rated it it was amazing
I've been to both Paris and South Bend. Couldnt' believe how real she did the locations. But I loved it. The heroine's flawed, making a deep moral mistake with the guy in Paris--and she knows it. Feels the guilt. But she also gets it, that this is a sign her fiance was way wrong for her. Not like she recovers from this easily...or believes in her new love easily. Real, honest, compelling. About the strength of love.
May 29, 2010 Sarah rated it liked it
Recommends it for: chick lit, beach\vacation
The perfect vacation/beach read. It's your typical chick lit, predictable storyline, but engrossing none the less.

I found it a little cheesy at first, but quickly became totally enchanted by the characters. After I finished the book, I found myself missing them, like I suddenly was no longer in contact with my best friends (well, maybe not my BEST friends.. but friends that I'd known for some time).
Heidi
Jul 31, 2012 Heidi rated it it was ok
There is something to be said for a little mystery in a relationship, within page 30 the two main characters are googly eyed and cant keep their hands off each other. the main character has everything stolen from her and she doesn't seem to mind as long as she can gaze longlingly into the the 'just so happens to be a millionaire's son's eyes... BAH humbug It's all just too much for me.

Christine
May 21, 2010 Christine rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
Boring. Very disappointing after "Blame it on Chocolate." I just couldn't get into the characters or their problems. I've also never really liked stories in which an engaged woman suddenly realizes she's been with the wrong man all along because some new man really makes her feel this incredible passion...those emotions feel good in the short run, but don't sustain a relationship.
Jessorella
Mar 26, 2013 Jessorella rated it liked it
Hero and heroine fall in love a tad too quickly for my liking, and there's very little tension between them. Also, I found the closing chapters (where they each accept/solve their familial issues) a little stodgy to get through. That being said, there's some lovely description in this book - scenes are very well set and easy to visualize. And it did make me want to go back to Paris.
Hope
Sep 20, 2013 Hope rated it did not like it
Shelves: abandoned
This book annoyed me to the point that I couldn't finish it.
I didn't want to continue reading about Will who was meant to be this great guy and hero of the book but who kept getting annoyed (even if he didn't show it) at his love interest (forgot her name) for talking too much. Urgh. The author really laboured the point that Will was annoyed with her talkative nature.
Jen
May 17, 2009 Jen rated it it was ok
Shelves: drama-romance
Will and Kelly fall in love in Paris. Kelly is mugged and Will comes to her rescue.

It turns out that both are origninally from South Bend; Will has been living in Paris trying to get away from his controlling family. Kelly is in Paris looking for information on her father.

Will their relationship last? What will happen with their respective families?
Morgan
Apr 17, 2009 Morgan rated it it was amazing
I keep coming back to this book when I want a quick cheery pick-me-up. The fast pace, the banter, the fun the characters have make for an over-all feel good read. I can't decide which Jennifer Greene is my favorite, this one or Blame It On Chocolate.
Anngela
Nov 07, 2010 Anngela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting turn of events but you could tell from the beginning who would end up together in the end... I just thought there could be a better ending. Or a sequel would be great! I hate books that end like boom... Guess I like the happily ever after.
Celine
Mar 31, 2013 Celine rated it liked it
Cute little book that I loaned from the library because it was digital and because Paris was in the title. Not a lot about Paris. Turned out just to be a breezy romance book but it was cute and a quick get-away-from-it-all read.
Lea-anne
Aug 14, 2012 Lea-anne rated it liked it
14/08-

So far so good, I think everything has happened so fast between the two of the main characters as a couple and i am curious to see what excitement the next half of the book will hold, as so much has happened in the first half.
Beth
Aug 29, 2008 Beth rated it liked it
It's an odd book, but good. Romance, strong characters, a little short on plot, maybe, but it was an easy, pleasant read in the brain candy kind of way. I certainly wouldn't object to reading more by this author.
Tanya
Dec 22, 2015 Tanya rated it really liked it
I am a little torn on this book. A part of me liked it and a part of me thought the way it is written was really hokey and cheesy. Not a bad book just not one of my favorites.
Katie
Jan 05, 2009 Katie rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-08
Cutest book! I was worried for about the first 5 pages that it was be super boring, but I fell in love with the story and characters. Oh to fall in love in Paris!
Patricia
Nov 29, 2013 Patricia rated it really liked it
This book got off to a fast start, and didn't stop till the last page. I thought this was a great weekend book. It was a fun and fast read.
Ann (Noumena12)
May 23, 2008 Ann (Noumena12) rated it really liked it
This book was actually better than I thought it would be. I haven't read much of Greene's stuff but I will read more.
Alyssa Blaine B
Apr 13, 2008 Alyssa Blaine B rated it it was ok
decent read. The characters weren't as developed as they could have been but it was a decent afternoon romance read.
Laura Henderson
Jun 22, 2012 Laura Henderson rated it it was amazing
This was an ammmmaaazzzing book!!!! A love story everyone wishes they could have :)
  • Paris Hangover
  • The Art of French Kissing
  • Make Me a Match
  • Beware of Doug (Guys & Dogs, #2)
  • Crazy in Love
  • Take Me If You Can (ARTemis, Inc. #1)
  • One Illicit Night (Wellinghams, #3)
  • Love, Suburban Style
  • Fast & Loose (Kentucky Derby, #1)
  • Sweet Surrender, Baby Surprise (Duke Brothers #2)
  • Sinfully Sexy
  • Bedded By The Greek Billionaire
  • Taming Her Billionaire Boss (Dynasties: The Jarrods #4)
  • Skinny Dipping
  • The Not-So-Perfect Man
  • Better Off Wed (Annabelle Archer, #1)
  • The Matchmaker Bride
  • Leave It to Cleavage
Winner of over 15 national awards, including the RWA Hall of Fame and the RWA Nora Roberts Lifetime Achievement Award, Jennifer Greene weaves real issues, warm characters common-life humor, and page-turning romance and suspense into her stories.

Jennifer sold her first book in 1980, and since then has sold over 85 books in the contemporary romance genre. She won her first professional writing award
More about Jennifer Greene...

Blame It On (2 books)