Start by marking “Children Who Never Grow Old” as Want to Read:
Children Who Never Grow Old

Children Who Never Grow Old

Children Who Never Grow Old is a collection of two flash fiction stories and a narrative poem. Please be advised that all of these works have something in them about children who die young; hence the title: Children Who Never Grow Old. [This book is available in Kindle Unlimited.]

Read the first paragraph of each story in the descriptions below.

Little Mirrors is the first
Kindle Edition
Published August 14th 2014 by Kathy Golden

To ask other readers questions about Children Who Never Grow Old, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Children Who Never Grow Old

Jason Zandri
Feb 23, 2015 Jason Zandri rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Children Who Never Grow Old by Kathy Golden

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Three short tales containing an element of the supernatural.

FOUR STARS * * * *

Children Who Never Grow Old is a short, 15 page read of three stories: Little Mirrors, Tiffany’s Escapes, and Protected.

Two are about the loss of a child from a familial context. The other is about predator, prey, and a magical protector.

All are very tightly written (as short as they are) and they are very well done works for such condensed efforts.

Each
Liz Gavin
Feb 07, 2015 Liz Gavin rated it really liked it
Shelves: rrbc
Powerful fiction that feels like true stories

It's no spoiler of I say this book's subject is the death of young children as the title clearly suggests.
In three very brief short-stories, talented author Kathy Golden manages to tackle the pain, the emptiness, and the utter dispair that follows the loss of a young child.
At the same time, amid the gruesome reality of this world's worst type of cruel sickness (I won't specify which kind to avoid spoilers), Ms. Golden inserts a ray of light, the subtl
Brian O'Hare
Feb 06, 2015 Brian O'Hare rated it really liked it
They Pack Some Punch

Kathy Golden's short stories finish like a punch in the stomach. Because they are so short, the writing has to be pure, sparse, no wasted words. and Golden clearly has the discipline needed to accomplish this. The stories, about children (inevitably given the title), are read in a flash but somehow their emotional impact is strong; they stick in the mind and won't let go. Kathy is a talented lady who should try for a long novel. She has both the imagination and skill to handl
P.T.
Oct 09, 2014 P.T. rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
Each of these flash fiction stories is so short that to describe them would be to spoil them; however, they have a common theme, which one can probably guess from the title of this collection. The stories are just long enough to evoke some emotion and hint at some interesting ideas. Children Who Never Grow Old is well worth the few minutes it takes to read.
Marni MacRae
May 22, 2015 Marni MacRae rated it really liked it
*spoler alert*

Kathy Golden has written extremely brief glimpses into every parents fear. Losing a child is not a subject that I seek out to read, however each little glimpse had me wishing Ms. Golden had fleshed out the story more.
Little mirrors focusses on Lia and the loss of her twin. Within only a page or two we watch her grow up, we get a glimpse into the mothers pain and the slow acceptance Lia experiences of such an emmense loss for one so young.
Protected is the dirty peek into the mind o
R. Leib
Credibility: 1/2 Star
Character: 1/2 Star
-------------------------
Total: 2 1/2 Stars

Audience Suitability: Teen - References to death including that of children, but nothing graphic.

"Children Who Never Grow Old" is a group of three stories, "Little Mirrors", "Protected", and "Tiffany's Escape". The writing is okay, if a little stilted. The use of contractions in the narration is uneven. This and other minor technical
Bethany Turner
Apr 03, 2015 Bethany Turner rated it really liked it
Shelves: rrbc
I try very hard to always review books as a reader, not as a writer. As a writer I'm too critical of stories I didn't write, only because I would have done it differently. Not always better, just differently. But with CHILDREN WHO NEVER GROW OLD by Kathy Golden, I'm taking a different approach.

As a reader, I didn't have time to get into the stories the way I would like to. But that's just my preference as a reader. The stories are incredibly short, but there is no deception in that. We receive w
Sarah Stuart
Feb 09, 2015 Sarah Stuart rated it really liked it
The children, Lia, Tarah, and Tiffany, each feature in one of three short fantasies. They are tragic, as the title suggests, but very readable. “Protected” could be the introduction to a novel, and I was disappointed that it was so short. It seemed almost an idea noted down and tossed aside, though it’s beautifully written.

The collection could have been so much better, and perhaps each story extended, without the detailed “book description”, the request to write a review, and the over-long adve
Piper Templeton
Oct 22, 2014 Piper Templeton rated it it was amazing
"Children Who Never Grow Old" is a small collection of two Inspiring stories and one narrative poem, short in length but long on emotional impact. The author packs so much story and character in a short space. Her writing style is poetic yet simple and clean in a good way. This book is well worth the very short investment in time it will take to read it.
Tatyana Fagerjord
Tatyana Fagerjord rated it it was amazing
Oct 20, 2014
Kathy Golden
Sep 22, 2014 Kathy Golden rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Heldin
Heldin marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2015
Petrina
Petrina marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2016
Eveli Acosta
Eveli Acosta marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2016
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2016
I have started my own Manuscript Evaluation Service. You can read it about it at this link: http://www.kathysnotes.com/blog/manus...
More about Kathy Golden...