Start by marking “Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 1 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #7)” as Want to Read:
Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 1 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #7)

Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 1 (Cardcaptor Sakura #7)

4.33  ·  Rating Details  ·  11,983 Ratings  ·  48 Reviews
Capturing Cards was only the beginning...

Once upon a magic night, an English sorcerer mixed Western wizardry with Eastern enchantments to create a magical deck of cards called the Clow Cards. These cards were hidden inside a dusty old book for decades, their powers virtually wasted. Then one fateful day, a young girl named Sakura Kinomoto discovered the book in her father'
Published August 13th 2002 by Tokyopop (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Cardcaptor Sakura, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cardcaptor Sakura

Death Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaFullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 1 by Hiromu ArakawaFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri Hino
Best Manga Book Ever
61st out of 827 books — 3,150 voters
Sailor Moon, #1 by Naoko TakeuchiCardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 1 by CLAMPCodename by Naoko TakeuchiShugo Chara!, Vol. 1 by Peach-PitPuella Magi Madoka Magica, Vol. 01 by Magica Quartet
Magical Girl Manga
7th out of 47 books — 81 voters

More lists with this book...

Esther
Oct 19, 2012 Esther rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Theresa ♫
Dec 14, 2011 Theresa ♫ rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fellow humans in search for a mahou shoujo manga!!
Dude, the last time I read this book was YEARS AGO. YEEEEEEEEEARS AGO, meaning the 5th grade.
And I'm a freshman in high school right now, so that's saying something, right??

But I do remember Cardcaptor Sakura. And I liked this series, especially the MOTC series.

Since I can't remember EVERY SINGLE BIT of Cardcaptor Sakura: MOTC, I will try to make this review short and snappy. (And...I have to read like 18 other books and one of them is due to my school library TOMORROW!!!! HYAH!

So basically, thi
Josef Hare
Dec 25, 2014 Josef Hare rated it liked it
I love Cardcaptor Sakura, which is why I want to be honest about my opinion that this volume is lacking. It spends almost the entire time setting up the premise for certain events and not nearly enough time with the events itself. What saves it from a two star rating is the fact that no matter how dismal a scene is, the characters are brilliantly written and their complex relationships are endearing. I hope I find the next volume to be more of a classic fun Cardcaptor story.
Natalie
Aug 11, 2014 Natalie rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: CLAMP fans, CCS fans
Recommended to Natalie by: my sis
Robin
Jun 10, 2012 Robin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
When asked what my favorite manga-ka is, I'd have to say CLAMP without a moment's hesitation. When asked what my favorite manga by CLAMP is, though, I hesitate. It's so hard to narrow it down.

Ultimately, though, CCS is definitely in my top five. This manga is so damn charming. The main character is wonderful, delightful, and so strong, her supporting cast is memorable and beautiful. The manga covers many themes and motifs, but the one that's most compelling to me is the concept that love comes
Federiken Masters
Apr 02, 2014 Federiken Masters rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Qué sorpresa, una vez más descubro que no tengo marcados la mitad de series que juraría haber readeado hace bocha. Y, como siempre, copipasteo una reseña pedorra y genérica que no dice nada para disminuir el riesgo de que barran con todo otra vez.
Pero que conste que la serie en general me pareció muy divertida, creo recordar.
Ana
Jun 16, 2014 Ana rated it it was amazing

When I was younger I watch the anime for this manga and I adored it.
Now after reading it I can't help but love it more!
I would say this is one of the rare true childrens manga out there that can be read by all ages.
Sara
Dec 16, 2011 Sara rated it really liked it
Wooo! Things have gotten interesting! I think I get who this Eriol punk is, but I hate him anyway. He's just that typical nice-to-face-but-trying-to-kill-you-secretly character. Plus, he's got the boring nerdy look and no thanks to that in most circumstances.

My favorite part was in this volume was when Sakura was asking Yue if he remembers the things that happen to Yukito since Yukito doesn't remember being Yue... He said he does! LMAO!! It was the BEST AWKWARD MOMENT~!<3 xD It gave me a bel
Lux
Apr 04, 2014 Lux rated it it was amazing
Read from the Dark Horse omnibus editions. Added separately for the sake of my reading challenge.
Lu Arenas
Mar 12, 2016 Lu Arenas rated it it was amazing
No se porque le habia puesto 4/5. Se merece un 5/5 este manga. Es muy lindo y tierno, la historia esta bien narrada y losdibujos son excelentes.
Jaimie
Dec 30, 2012 Jaimie rated it really liked it
Luminalsl
Aug 26, 2014 Luminalsl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ces personnages sont tellement attachants d'un tome à l'autre, un vraie plaisir de les retrouver à chaque fois
Beth Huddleston
Jan 28, 2015 Beth Huddleston rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
So, I read this today during my student's COGAT testing. It was cute and entertaining, but not too in depth.
Georgina Dummett
Jun 18, 2015 Georgina Dummett rated it liked it
This series is so very cute, another masterpiece by clamp. I super duper love clamp books!
Rachel (Sfogs)
Sep 22, 2015 Rachel (Sfogs) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library
Now Sakura is the Master of all the Clow cards! But trouble is still on the way!
Robin
Although this is marked as the first in a series, it is actually the continuation of Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 1 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #1) by CLAMP.

For my review or rather comments regarding Cardcaptor Sakura, please see here: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show....

PS - I like "The Master of the Clow" part of Cardcaptor Sakura. We meet Eriol, learn more about Clow Reed & the past, and most importantly, Sakura & Syaoran's relationship begins to grow.
Megan Sanchez
Jun 14, 2012 Megan Sanchez rated it it was amazing
I love all of Cardcaptor Sakura. It was one of those series that got into manga/anime, back in elementary school. I remember taping episodes of the horrible English dub on VHS over the weekend and obsessively rewatching them during the week. The volumes published in English under the title "Master of the Clow" are the strongest by far and a great reread.

Eriol, Ruby Moon and Spinel Sun are some of my favorite characters, period. I love the way Eriol brings out all of Li's possessive tendencies. I
Kit
Mar 13, 2008 Kit rated it it was amazing
On one hand, Sakura's battles in this series seem to be higher-stakes as her magic has become more powerful, but this isn't Harry Potter - we know she's going to win and that everything is going to turn out all right. The focus of this sweet series is on the excellently-drawn relationships among the characters. Never syrupy or sappy, Sakura's friends, family, teachers, and even her estranged grandfather are shown as good people who are a source of strength for her and each other. This is one of ...more
Priscilla
Feb 02, 2016 Priscilla rated it really liked it
The universe is getting increasingly badass and darker.
Alexandra
Sep 09, 2015 Alexandra rated it really liked it
Li is definitely my favourite character.
Tayah
Nov 18, 2014 Tayah rated it it was amazing
A series I read in my early teens and I loved it.
Donna J
Oct 05, 2015 Donna J rated it really liked it
great book
Mazohyst
Jan 12, 2011 Mazohyst rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, teens, library
Reading this was like a wave of nostalgia. As a kid who watched the anime, this really made me happy as it picked off just before where I left off (in the anime of course).

Eriol is introduced, and he's always been a strange favourite of mine, especially Yue and Yukito. I'm quite glad for these characters to have appeared.

There is still a lot I don't know about the series, so I can't wait to read the rest!
arzu
Jan 22, 2013 arzu rated it it was amazing
DUDE. DUDE. DUDE.
I read this in maybe 2nd grade, and it got me started on anime and manga. The art is adorable, the storyline is cute, and every book gives you an important lesson that 5th grader Sakura has learned along her journey along becomeing a magical girl(??)
Also I don't think anybody dies like puelli madoka magica.
puelli madoka magica was just sad
Kami
Dec 23, 2012 Kami rated it liked it
- This picks up right after the first series ends.

- Does Tomoya have a crush on Sakura? I'm confused.

- I can't believe what is going on with the new kids in town! Craziness!

- I liked the bit about a Teddy Bear's birthday! So cute! I'm going to start giving birthdays to teddy bears.

- I liked Sakura's last costume.
Kati
Mar 23, 2010 Kati rated it it was amazing
Eriol's cute! And devious! And I love blushing Li-kun! Though I have to wonder why Eriol's so cruel to Shaolan when basically, Shaolan is his... uh, grandson? Interesting. Also, every time Toya opened his mouth to tell Yukito... something... someone interrupted them. It was so frustrating! Looking forward to vol. 8!
Jessie
Jun 10, 2012 Jessie rated it liked it
I accidentally ended up reserving Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow at the library instead of the original Cardcaptor Sakura series. I enjoyed the art and the story, so I'm looking forward to reading Cardcaptor Sakura from the beginning.
Kasey
Jan 09, 2016 Kasey rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Wonderful and adorable and so much fun to read! Probably CLAMP's most well-known work, for a good reason. It's a really great manga. I sort of wish this had been my first CLAMP, because Tsubasa's so much more enjoyable having read CCS...
Becky
Oct 12, 2011 Becky rated it it was amazing
Fantastic series! Extremely entertaining to read and understand! Adorable illustrations too. I was brought up with the English 'cardcaptors' dub, so it's very interesting reading the original English manga, which has not be censored.
  • Sailor Moon, #2 (Sailor Moon, #2)
  • Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Vol. 1
  • D.N.Angel, Vol. 5 (D.N.Angel, #5)
  • Imadoki!: Nowadays, Vol. 1 (Imadoki!: Nowadays, #1)
  • Revolutionary Girl Utena, Vol. 5: To Blossom

Nekoi Mick 猫井みっく
[born: 21 Jan 1969, Oosaka-metropolis, Kyouto; bloodtype: O]

Igarashi Satsuki 五十嵐さつき
[born: 8 Feb 1969, Oosaka-metropolis, Kyouto; bloodtype: A]

CLAMP originally began in 1989 as a twelve-member dōjinshi circle, but by 1990, the circle had diminished from
More about CLAMP...

Cardcaptor Sakura (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 1 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #1)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 2  (Cardcaptor Sakura, #2)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 3 (Cardcaptor Sakura #3)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 4 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #4)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 5 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #5)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 6 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #6)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 2 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #8)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 3 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #9)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 4 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #10)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 5 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #11)