Start by marking “Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 2 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #2)” as Want to Read:
Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 2  (Cardcaptor Sakura, #2)

Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 2 (Cardcaptor Sakura #2)

4.30  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,569 Ratings  ·  55 Reviews
Sakura Kinomoto seems like your average fourth grader--loves P.E., hates math--but there's something about her that's not so normal... she can use magic! As the Cardcaptor, it is Sakura's job to use her powers to track down the missing Clow Cards before disaster befalls the Earth. But there's a new boy in town, Syaoran Li, who claims that the cards are his birthright. Acco ...more
Published September 14th 2004 by Tokyopop (first published April 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 2

Sesana
May 14, 2012 Sesana rated it did not like it
I cringed through the entire volume. First there was the discovery that Sakura's parents married when her mother was a 16-year-old high school student and her father was her teacher. And then there's the even more squicky subplot of one of Sakura's classmates (in fourth grade) apparently accepting a proposal from one of their teachers. (Did I mention that they're fourth graders?) Next to that, Tomoyo and her mother's shared legacy of unrequited love for a cousin can almost pass you right by. (Th ...more
Kami
Dec 09, 2012 Kami rated it liked it
- I am not ok with teachers going out with students, especially 4th graders!! EW!! I can' believe Sakura's dad and mom had a teacher/student relationship too!

- This new guy, Syaoran, is weird! I'm still trying to figure out if he is gay or if there is something else about Yukito that hasn't been revealed yet.

- The illustrations still crack me up!

- That sword card is really cool! I want that one!

- I don't quite understand all the different outfits Sakura has to wear when she goes out to find a C
Gliré
Shaoran ha aparecido.

description

No le doy mas estrellas sólo porque de verdad me descoloca todo eso de la relación de Rika con su profesor. El profesor como mínimo debe tener como 20 años, y Rika tiene 10 años. No quiero basar toda mi calificación del tomo en eso, ni juzgar demasiado porque tal vez es cultural, tal vez en Japón eso no está mal visto. No lo sé. Y si ignoramos ese hecho, todo lo demás sigue siendo genial.

Taylor
Nov 06, 2008 Taylor rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga, shojo
Am i the only one totally weirded out by the multiple student-teacher relationships in this manga?
Liz
Jul 14, 2015 Liz rated it it was amazing
In this volume, it turns out that everyone Sakura has ever met is gay. I approve!
Sonia
Jan 20, 2015 Sonia rated it did not like it
I love this series. I mean when i was a little girl, this anime was my life. I watched every episode, bought the cards, and even later learned of the uncut japanese version, I watched it. I was nuts about this series. The manga series and anime are different. minor changes. This volume though made me cringe.

Tomoyo is the cousin of Sakura once removed (?) and she is in love with Sakura. The problem I had with this volume is the fact that Tomoyo's mother is trying to carve her daughter into looki
Azur
Jan 03, 2016 Azur rated it liked it
The main storyline is wonderful but why is everybody's love life weird as heck? (I'm not talking about the homosexual relationships, they are perfectly fine.) (view spoiler) ...more
Robin
Jun 10, 2012 Robin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
When asked what my favorite manga-ka is, I'd have to say CLAMP without a moment's hesitation. When asked what my favorite manga by CLAMP is, though, I hesitate. It's so hard to narrow it down.

Ultimately, though, CCS is definitely in my top five. This manga is so damn charming. The main character is wonderful, delightful, and so strong, her supporting cast is memorable and beautiful. The manga covers many themes and motifs, but the one that's most compelling to me is the concept that love comes
Heather
Jul 25, 2014 Heather rated it it was amazing
Loved it! So cute and loved the animation. This seemed to be less focused on actually figuring out the card and had a quick fight and more focused on he drama around the main characters.

(view spoiler)
Christina
A new student, Li Syaoran, transfers to Sakura's school and immediately begins harassing her! Syaoran is a distant relative of Clow Reed and has come to collect the Clow Cards from Sakura, even by force. Kerberos tells Sakura that the cards belong to her now and he has no right to take them from her, but he just won't give up. He tries to steal the unclaimed cards, and now he acts as if he were in love with Sakura's crush, Yuki! Syaoran is already Sakura's biggest rival yet!

UUHHHH, LOL. SO APPAR
Bookworm
Dec 14, 2012 Bookworm rated it really liked it
Things that make me happy: queer presentation.
Sheila
Jun 08, 2015 Sheila rated it it was amazing
HAHAHAHAHA esto es tan bonito y cómico

Cosas para recordar:

Mamá y papá de Sakura se casaron= ella 16 y el 25 (Siendo el profesor)
Mama de Sakura y la de Tomoyo son primas
Tomoyo le gusta Sakura y también Touya por el parecido a Sakura
Sakura y a Li-Shaoran le gusta Yukito
Yukito(Tsukishiro) le gusta Touya (Hermano de Sakura)

Rika y el profesor son novios y el le dio un anillo de compromiso... (Rika tiene que tener como 12 años y el profesor como 25)

Yamazake: Yo tambien estoy nervioso por saber si comp
Federiken Masters
Qué sorpresa, una vez más descubro que no tengo marcados la mitad de series que juraría haber readeado hace bocha. Y, como siempre, copipasteo una reseña pedorra y genérica que no dice nada para disminuir el riesgo de que barran con todo otra vez.
Pero que conste que la serie en general me pareció muy divertida, creo recordar.
Lazybum00
Mar 18, 2015 Lazybum00 rated it really liked it
I would not recommend this to someone who isn't fine hints of yaoi, yuri, and I don't even know what to call this other category! (basically 4th grader in a relationship with a teacher)

But if you don't mind it then this is a super adorable manga and I love it :)
How I dislike Li haha
Kimberly
Jan 29, 2016 Kimberly rated it really liked it
Bumped the rating down a bit simply because of the Rika/Terada relationship. A fourth grader with a teacher isn't cool. HOWEVER, it's very subtle and not much time is spent on their story, I didn't feel icky about it.

The other relationships in this volume are sweet.
Whereis
Aug 10, 2014 Whereis rated it it was amazing
Love this series! The manga greatly differs from the anime though and I'm a little surprised at some of the stuff that I hadn't seen before. Especially that weird exchange between a fourth grader and her teacher.
Bells
Sep 13, 2014 Bells rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Me pareció un poco más flojo que el primer tomo por lo que le doy un 3'5.
sakura es un personaje que se me hace muy entrañable.
hay una nueva incorporación lo que hace más atractivo el manga.
Nancy
Sep 23, 2007 Nancy rated it really liked it
The second volume of Card Captor Sakura continues Sakura's quest to collect all of the Clow Cards. We get new characters introduced in this volume, the most interesting being Syaoran Li, a decedent of Clow Reed who is also a Card Captor. One of the most unique aspects of this series is the way that it handles unconventional relationships, and unconventional feelings. For example, there is never a big deal made about a young male character having an innocent crush on an older male character, it i ...more
Lux
Feb 15, 2014 Lux rated it it was amazing
Read from the Dark Horse omnibus editions. Added separately for the sake of my reading challenge.
Jerry
Oct 05, 2015 Jerry rated it it was ok
A Quickie Review

The artwork was impressive and rather cute...but the story was inane and confusing. Manga and comic book fans can do much better.
Jenny
Jan 10, 2016 Jenny rated it it was amazing
I don't know how I feel about all the older guy younger girl relationships going on but I like the Toya/Yuki scenes though
Nushrika
Dec 10, 2015 Nushrika rated it liked it
Ahh as much I love the series. This book had too much pedophilia. 4th grader in a relationship with a teacher??? I don't remember seeing that in the anime. I did love how everyone was basically gay in this volume lol especially Li being extra shy around Yukito!
Boo
I am a big fan of this manga/anime (hello, does my nickname say anything?) It's true that the issues it mention are a little controversial (Chiharu with her teacher? WTF! Li in love with Yukito? WTF! the obsessive love of Tomoyo's mother for Nadeshiko? WTF! etc, etc.) but this manga/anime is at the same time so funny, so sweet. Years ago I read this manga and watch the anime, and 10 years have passed and I am still a fan! My favorites characters so far in this volume are Sakura (duh), Touya, Yuk ...more
Kati
Dec 27, 2009 Kati rated it it was amazing
I have so much love for this manga, insane love! For real. I know that the whole card catching part is quite silly but the awesome characters make up for it. And all the slash vibes too, of course. Toya loves Yukito, Yukito loves Toya, Tomoyo loves Sakura... It's so cute! And the way Shaolan blushes every time Yukito smiles at him! And then there's the quite touching relationship that Toya and Sakura have, how they bicker and insult each other, but God forbid someone tries to hurt the one or the ...more
Sweet's Family Bookshelves
Dec 15, 2015 Sweet's Family Bookshelves rated it really liked it
Also says Rated for all ages. Daughter seems to enjoy this series.
Priscilla
Jan 28, 2016 Priscilla rated it liked it
A bit less entertaining than the first one but still fun!
Kanomi Okina
LOVED SAKURA! Can't wait to read the next manga!
Jaimie
Oct 16, 2012 Jaimie rated it really liked it
Cole
Dec 20, 2014 Cole rated it really liked it
So many S relationships.
Rachel (Sfogs)
Sep 21, 2015 Rachel (Sfogs) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library
Li kun is soooo adorable!
  • Sailor Moon, Vol. 07
  • Fushigi Yûgi: The Mysterious Play, Vol. 08: Friend
  • Revolutionary Girl Utena, Vol. 3: To Sprout
  • Ranma ½, Vol. 5 (Ranma ½ (US 1st), #5)
Ookawa Nanase 大川七瀬
[born: 2 May 1967; bloodtype: A]

Mokona Apapa もこなあぱぱ
[born: 16 Jun 1968, Oosaka-metropolis, Kyouto; bloodtype: A]

Nekoi Mick 猫井みっく
[born: 21 Jan 1969, Oosaka-metropolis, Kyouto; bloodtype: O]

Igarashi Satsuki 五十嵐さつき
[born: 8 Feb 1969, Oosaka-metropolis, Kyouto; bloodtype: A]

CLAMP originally began in 1989 as a twelve-member dōjinshi circle, but by 1990, the circle had diminished from
More about CLAMP...

Cardcaptor Sakura (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 1 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #1)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 3 (Cardcaptor Sakura #3)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 4 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #4)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 5 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #5)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 6 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #6)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 1 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #7)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 2 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #8)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 3 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #9)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 4 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #10)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 5 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #11)