Start by marking “Lucas The Lion & The Pirate Ship (Jungle Juniors Storybook Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Lucas The Lion & The Pirate Ship (Jungle Juniors Storybook Book 1)

Lucas The Lion & The Pirate Ship (Jungle Juniors Storybook Book 1)

Lucas the Lion and his friend, Ryan the Rabbit, stumble onto a mysterious boat. Ryan wants to take it for a ride, but the apprehensive Lucas refuses.

Lucas has never told anyone before, but he’s afraid of the water.

When Ryan decides to throw a birthday party on the very same boat, Lucas can’t overcome his fear, no matter how hard he tries.

Trouble strikes, and Lucas is th
Kindle Edition
Published July 24th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Lucas The Lion & The Pirate Ship, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lucas The Lion & The Pirate Ship

Debra Henderson
Sep 17, 2014 Debra Henderson rated it liked it
Cute story but I have a concern.

Cute story about bravery, but may give a child a false idea that they can just jump in the
water and swim. That concerns me.
Book Nook  Nuts
Oct 08, 2014 Book Nook Nuts rated it it was amazing
Book: Lucas the Lion & The Pirate Ship
Author: Rachel Michaels
Publication Date: 7/24/2014
Reviewed by: Tammy Payne- Book Nook Nuts
My Rating: 5 Stars

REVIEW
This is a very cute book for young children. It is very well written also.

This book is about a lion who has a fear of something and he is to afraid to tell his friends.
Well one day they all are preparing to go out on a ship that looks like a Pirate Ship. Lucas does not want to go. Why? He is too afraid. He finally tells his friends and t
Jane
When teaching preschool, a children's book that gives an opportunity to discuss things children are afraid of is a great way to lead to a lesson on dealing with fears. Lucas the Lion & the Pirate Ship is about Lucas the Lion, who is afraid of water. When his friends take a boat ride on the river, he stays ashore because he is afraid, but when his friends need him to save him he overcomes his fear.

A teacher using open ended questions about children's fears and how to over come them makes a gr
Jo
Sep 01, 2015 Jo rated it it was amazing
My daughter that is a school teacher shared Lucas the Lion & the Pirate Ship with me to read at the children's group at the library where I volunteer to read to young children. It is a delightful book about a lion that is afraid of water and by the end of the book faces his fears. My small group of preschool children enjoyed it and then we talked about what each child was afraid of and how to overcome fears.
Mary
Oct 01, 2014 Mary rated it it was amazing
Lucas the Lion & the Pirate Ship is perfect story to deal with a child’s fear of water. Appropriate in length and illustrated to enhance the words, Rachel Michaels knack for storytelling is flawless.

Lucas the lion reveals his secret to his friends but overcomes his fear when faced with a lifesaving challenge to save their lives. He rises to the occasion and all ends well.

Children will see Lucas’s courage as encouragement to deal with fears of their own.
Elizabeth (Stuffed Shelves)
Nov 09, 2014 Elizabeth (Stuffed Shelves) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s
Lucas the lion is afraid of the water. Will he be able to help his friends who are stuck on a pirate ship, or will his fear of the water get in the way?

This is a short and sweet book about a lion who has a fear, and is given an opportunity to overcome the obstacle. It's a great book for young ones, especially those afraid of the water.

I really enjoyed reading this to my three year old, and she enjoyed the colorful images and creative storyline.

5/5.
Donna Bagby
Oct 09, 2016 Donna Bagby rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-books
Enjoyable story of overcoming fear in the face of others need. Although Lucas was afraid of water, when his friends needed rescuing he was able to react first then think about his problem. This book teaches that when you don't dwell on yourself but rather indulge in helping others, the fear has a way of being overcome.
Sandra Stiles
Apr 09, 2016 Sandra Stiles rated it it was amazing
Lucas the Lion has always protectedhis friends from the hunters. He chases them to the river and stops. He never catches the because he's afraid of water. What do you think will happen when his friends get on a boat on the river?
I received a copy to facilitate my review. The opinions expressed here are my own.
Mark Needler
May 03, 2016 Mark Needler rated it it was amazing
A Great Little Story

A Very Good Theme. Nice Little Story Of A Lion Who,While Brave In Some Ways,Is Scared Of Water,and Must Overcome His Fear,For His Friends. A Good Adventure. 5 Stars,For Interest Level,Action...
Kasey Gervais
Jun 21, 2015 Kasey Gervais rated it really liked it
Nice book

Nice book.my kid liked it.nice content.some of the story was not depicted in images,and that wld have made it better
Mary Ann
Feb 28, 2015 Mary Ann rated it liked it
Lucas must learn to confront his fears if he is to be able to safe his friends from going over a waterfall.
Amy Garrett
Feb 06, 2015 Amy Garrett rated it it was amazing
awesome

My 2 year old loves this!!!! It's rare that a book keeps her attention so I was very pleased with this
Nichole Calhoun
Nichole Calhoun rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2015
Josephine
Josephine rated it it was amazing
Jun 09, 2015
Andrea Anderegg
Andrea Anderegg rated it it was ok
Jan 04, 2015
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it it was amazing
Oct 26, 2016
krystal
krystal rated it really liked it
Nov 18, 2015
Netanella
Netanella rated it really liked it
Dec 05, 2014
Audrey
Audrey rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2015
Rebecca Mau Planck
Rebecca Mau Planck rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2015
Terry Polston
Terry Polston rated it did not like it
May 05, 2015
Theresa Vance
Theresa Vance rated it liked it
Feb 20, 2015
Skye Morris
Skye Morris rated it liked it
Oct 22, 2015
Ashley Toler
Ashley Toler rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2015
DonElla Hartman
DonElla Hartman rated it liked it
Sep 08, 2015
Diane
Jan 17, 2015 Diane rated it liked it
Grandson liked it :)
Megan
Megan rated it really liked it
Apr 12, 2015
Susan
Susan rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2015
Holly Boothe
Holly Boothe rated it really liked it
Aug 28, 2015
Elizabeth Imholt
Elizabeth Imholt rated it really liked it
Dec 08, 2014