Start by marking “Rejoice” as Want to Read:
Rejoice

Rejoice (Redemption #4)

4.42 of 5 stars 4.42  ·  rating details  ·  8,686 ratings  ·  151 reviews
Brooke and Peter's story is about having to deal with a devastating blow to their marriage. They face the possible loss of their daughter to a drowning accident, and one of them is responsible. How will they weather these seemingly impossible trials? It's a true page turner with gritty detail, tear-jerking scenes, and hope in the end. All of the other family members appear ...more
Hardcover, Large Print, 552 pages
Published December 1st 2005 by Thorndike Press (first published April 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Rejoice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rejoice

Kelly Derse
I love these books, I simply can't get enough of Karen Kingsbury.
Doubt has a way of creeping into dark times, many times we all have doubts when things don't always go our way. Sometimes we wonder why that is but I believe it is the enemy. Luke, and Mr. Baxter have been through this and it was encouraging to see that I wasn't the only one.
This book was full of great reminders to rejoice and be joyful in times of trials, this doesn't mean we're not sad or can't cry but to go through the pain wi
Cydnie
Book #4 in the series focuses mainly on the oldest child, Brooke and her family. The other sibling's story lines continue side by side. I felt as though some plot lines concluded a bit quickly, while some others are being drawn out for quite a while. On the whole, I have enjoyed this series. A regular family facing what could be devatating problems and trials, and learning to rely on their faith to pull them through.
My favorite quote from this book: "...The 23rd Psalm says he'll walk with us t
Mayda
This novel focuses on Haley’s accident and her parent’s reactions as they cope with the aftermath. Peter and Brooke separate, and Peter’s choices are also life threatening. In this installment, not only does God talk to Peter, so does Satan. But goodness triumphs over evil, and the extended Baxter family rallies to offer support. The most interesting characters are still the patients in the Alzheimer’s ward. This soap opera concludes in the next installment.
Diane
I'm really enjoying this series and becoming quit vested in the Baxter family. I do need to take a break from these books from time to time though. This family goes through so much, it is just hard to absorb at times. I love the way they lean on Christ during each crisis and I love the bonds each member has with the others. The family dynamics are very believable.
Bekah
When tragedy hits Brooke Baxter West's family, she struggles with blaming her husband, Peter West, for what happened. Their daughter, Hayley, almost drowns at a swim party, and now she has brain damage. But what Brooke comes to find out is that God is not finished with her little girl and that she needs to rejoice in her circumstances, even though she doesn't understand.

As Hayley miraculously improves some, Brooke learns to rejoice in these little improvements, believing that someday, God will r
Tiffany
With each book I read in the series, I get more and more hooked. Even though I know it's fiction, there's something refreshing and uplifting about reading about love and having God in the middle of it. I love the messages that these books give you.
Beth Fisher
This is the 4th in the five book Redemption series. Again I read it in one day when I should've been doing other things. So that tells me it wasn't a "bad" book. It was a hard book to read from a parent's standpoint. She did very well portraying the devastation to the parents and family when a tragedy strikes a child. But once again Kingsbury lost a star because that annoying old cliche misunderstandings crap is still being played out with another character. I just wanted to skip over that chara ...more
Rosslyn
An easy read but not realistic enough in my opinion. Sadly things don't always turn out as well as these novels!
Havebooks Willread
I'm having a love/hate relationship with this series. I've decided it's kind of like a soap opera. I can't help caring about the characters and wondering what's going to happen next. It's not wonderful writing, it's sometimes downright cheesy, and I even skim read a page here and there, but yet I cried my eyes out when the precious little three-year-old was found at the bottom of the pool and the battle for her life began. It's escapist fiction, and I'll be reading the last book in the series to ...more
Jodi
This was the fourth book in the series. Ryan and Ashley were thinking it was finally time for them to be together. Not so. Ryan ended up in New York as a firefighter and Ashley stayed in Bloomington with her family and son and her job at the retirement home. Ryan was given a promotion and he accepted. This would keep him in New York longer than he originally planned. Ashley found out some bad medical news and so she really tried to stay away from Ryan and have him move on and find someone else. ...more
Tamara
REJOICE, the fourth installment in the Reunion series had some definite highs, but also some lulls.

Centering on yet another Baxter child, Brooke Baxter West’s once fairytale life is now nothing more than routine and lackluster. Her marriage to Peter has fallen into a dysfunctional pattern. Distance and aloofness seems to be all they have in common. But when every parent’s nightmare strikes, and their daughter, Hayley is fighting for her life, Brooke no longer focuses on her marriage. And for Pet
Michael
Rejoice is about rejoicing in all circumstances, and believing that God is there even in the tough times. The author points out that God doesn't promise to save you from difficulty - rather that He promised to walk WITH you through the valley of the shadow of death. This book was hard for me to read, because the circumstances of Hailey's tragedy were so close to those of my son Peter, who died. It brought back a lot of tough memories. And of course, Hailey lives, Peter didn't. In the book the ch ...more
JoJo Sutis
Another wonderful addition to Karen's Baxter family series!!!
In "Rejoice" the story focuses on Brooke and Peter, beginning with a very tragic accident that threatens to destroy everything.
I read this one in one day! So good! I love this series and this family!
Rejoice in spite of your circumstances was definitely the overall theme!
KINGSBURY is a master story-teller and the characters will remain with you long after the story ends!
Diane U
This was a great part of the story of the Baxter family. Brooke and Peter have been having a difficult marriage and when their daughter Hayley has an accident that changes her forever, there is no turning back. Peter blames himself and removes himself from Brooke and their two children. Meanwhile, Ashley is trying to move on with her life without Landon. Luke and Reagan are getting married in NYC on Christmas Eve. What will happen with Brooke and Peter? Will Hayley ever recover? What will become ...more
Francis
GOD is good

As always another awesome read. I always enjoy your books. This book is just a reminder of what a big and wonderful God we serve. Even in the lowest valleys you can always find him right there to be whatever you need at that moment. Thank you Karen for giving us good clean books to read. God Is Good!
Hannah Austin
Brooke Baxter has a great life going for her. She is very confident in her work. At a birthday party she must leave and has her husband look after her daughters. She returns seeing an ambulance in the drive way and her older daughter on the stretcher. She had almost drowned, but they saved her in time. She has severe brain damage and will never recover fully. Brooke blames her husband for this accident. She will never forgive him for turning his back for a second. They separate for a little whil ...more
Waggoner
Love

A couple should celebrate their love for each other everyday! that is what I learned in this book, because life has its up and down and it's better to go through it with the other half than by ourselves.
Natasja
Weer een geweldig mooi boek,waar ik zeker een traantje bij heb moeten laten,wat niet snel gebeurd bij mij.
Ik denk dat in ieder boek wat door Karen is geschreven wel een personage zit die iemand aanspreekt of raakt.
Bij mij is dat toch Aslhey,om de één of andere reden zet deze personage je aan het denken bij bepaalde dingen zeker in het verleeghuis.
Ieder boek heeft één persoon in de hoofdrol maar toch leer je hierdoor de rest van de familie steeds beter kennen,en worden ook die verhalen steeds boe
Heather Brunet
Another fantastic journey with the Baxter family ... They've become friends along the way :)
Claire
Jan 09, 2012 Claire added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
I love the Baxter series of books. I thought this was one of the best in the Baxter series so far. I love reading about the family and how they depend on God for so much, to get them through tough times. This book, Rejoice, focuses on rejoicing despite your circumstances and always have joy in the Lord, knowing he is the author of life and is totally in control our our lives. It is easy for me to forget that as I go through my daily routine. The books are inspiring and encourage me to open my bi ...more
Rodrigo
This book has so much to teach us. It taught about love, friendship, forgiveness, and kindness. It also gives us a reason to rejoice, even in the most dire of circumstances.
Loyiwe sikazwe
rejoice indeed...with the peace of God
Stephany
Another phenomenal book by Karen Kingsbury. This one mostly followed the lives of Peter and Brooke, who have two daughters -- Maddie and Hayley. Their marriage is falling apart and when tragedy hits their family... a lot more than their marriage suffers.

There are a lot of opinions on the way Kingsbury writes. She doesn't play around with the Christian themes and can be quite hardcore. But I like that about her. She is completely real and honest and hold-no-prisoners with her approach.
Saskia
Inmiddels is deel vier van de Baxter serie ook alweer uit en ik kan nu wel zeggen dat deze serie verslavend is. Wat een prachtige romans, allemaal stuk voor stuk hoewel sommige delen net iets beter zijn dan de anderen. Zo vond ik deze net iets minder dan deel twee en drie maar wel weer beter dan deel één. Ik ben enorm benieuwd naar deel vijf want volgens alle reacties is dit boek het meest ontroerend. Ik ben er klaar voor...alleen jammer dat ik daarna afscheid moet nemen van de Baxters.
Ruth
This series focuses on the five grown children of John and Elizabeth Baxter, Kari, Ashley, Luke, Brooke, and Erin. Each one has personal problems or issues ranging from adultery to AIDS to adoption to mentally challenged children to cancer to marital problems to doubts about God. Through the series, we see each character grow and mature, especially in their love life, since all five are happily married by the end of the series (Two of them are married at the beginning of the series).
Sara Williams
Best book of the series so far. Tear jerker!
Marianne Evans
Though this is probably my least favorite of the "Redemption" series thus far, that is, in no way, meant to demean this novel. I enjoyed every word - and it definitely kept me moving forward, and pulled me even deeper into the lives and loves of the Baxter family. I think, like with Brooke as a character, I just didn't 'connect' to this thread of the Baxter series as much as the others. That said, I still gave it five stars, still thoroughly enjoyed it, and highly recommend.
Alexa
I read these a while ago, but I read all of the 3 connected series. This book really stood out to me. All of the stories of the Baxter siblings are touching in their own ways, but the struggle this couple goes through with their daughter is the one I can remember the best because it made such an impact on me. Kingsbury does a great job in showing how we want to react to tragic situations as humans versus how Christ says we should react to them.
  • Dawn's Light (Restoration, #4)
  • The Guardian (O'Malley #2)
  • The Visitor (The English Garden #3)
  • Waterfalls (Glenbrooke, #6)
  • The Brethren (Annie's People, #3)
FROM AUTHOR'S WEBSITE:

USA Today and New York Times bestselling author Karen Kingsbury is America’s #1 inspirational novelist. There are more than 15 million copies of her award-winning books in print, including several million copies sold in the past year. Karen has written more than 40 novels, ten of which have hit #1 on national lists.

Karen has a true love for her readers, and she has nearly 1
More about Karen Kingsbury...
Redemption (Redemption, #1) Even Now (Lost Love Series, #1) Remember (Redemption, #2) One Tuesday Morning (9/11 Series, #1) Leaving (Bailey Flanigan, #1)