Start by marking “100 Ways To Simplify Your Life” as Want to Read:
100 Ways To Simplify Your Life

100 Ways To Simplify Your Life

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  520 ratings  ·  54 reviews
Joyce shares principles for reducing or removing the stressful aspects of our days that complicate, clutter, and congest our ability to enjoy life fully.
Published January 1st 2007 by Faith Words

To ask other readers questions about 100 Ways To Simplify Your Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 100 Ways To Simplify Your Life

Angela
Mar 06, 2009 Angela is currently reading it
Tip #5: Don't Worry About Tomorrow. Keeping that in mind has helped me immensely so far. Great for the work-a-holic. Of which I am not. Still, I am halfway through, and its nice to read a tip or two a day to keep yourself focused. Especially when you wake up feeling stressed.
Stephanie
Part of the reason I didn't like the book way my fault. I did not realize that this was a christian book. I few of the suggestions were ok but the readers voice was very annoying. I could not finish the book.

Please do not read this book unless you are a devout christian.
Marta hoelscher
By Joyce Meyer (author) and Sandra McCollum (reader)

Audio CD
Publisher: Hachette Audio; Unabridged edition (November 12, 2008)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1600241786
ISBN-13: 978-1600241789

I've always like Joyce Meyer because of her down to earth common sense. This audio book from her is no exception. I don't think any of the advice she gives is either earth shattering or new. She takes very down to earth advice and pairs it with a scriptural basis for it. Joyce reminds readers of God's instruction t...more
Becky
First of all, Joyce Meyer is a Christian writer. I'm familiar with other books of hers, but I hadn't enjoyed any via audiobook. This book is read by Sandra McCollom who is Joyce's youngest daughter. She is a Christian stay at home mom to twin girls and did a wonderful job with this book. I enjoyed her passion in the reading as well as her voice and cadence.

100 Ways to Simplify Your Life begins with #1, moving all the way through #100. Each of the Ways are their own section in the audio, so it's...more
Wendi
I was impressed with Joyce Meyer's list, and as much as I'd love to do them all right away (or at least most of them), some of them require me to really think and re-program my thought process. Some of my more favored items from the list are: #1 Do One Thing at a Time, #6 Let Go of What Lies Behind You, #7 Learn How to Say No, #18 Establish Boundaries, #69 Be Realistic in Your Expectations, #87 Beware of Distractions, etc. I could go on and on. Many of the items on the list apply to me in one wa...more
Lia
This a great book for someone who doesn't read a lot of religious book. It simple and easy to understand without being confused.

Favorite scripture in the book.

Let your character or moral disposition be free love of money [including greed, avarice, lust, and craving for earthly possessions] and be satisfied with your present [circumstances and with what you have]; for He [God] Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you.

-Hebrews 13:5

So do not worry or be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow...more
Mary
I didn't get a ton from this. There were some things that I learned, but in general, I'd say I tolerated this book more than I enjoyed it. I don't know why I kept listening to it, when it annoyed me so much. Not that the tips are bad, they aren't. It just didn't wind up being what I thought it might be. I found the narrator's voice and mispronunciations annoying, there were times where it felt like a string of bible citations. I expected some of that, but there were places where it was excessive...more
Samantha Nowatzke
Joyce Meyer is truthful and to the point. This is an easy read that compiles the little things we can do to simplify our lives and increase our joy. I read it in one sitting over a couple of hours and would recommend to anyone looking for a Christian based read that doesn't want to dive in to deep but would just like a quick reminder of some things you can do to simplify your life.
Shevonne
Aug 06, 2013 Shevonne rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone needing a bit of guidance in his/her life
The first time I read this book, I had no idea who Joyce Meyer was so I was a bit taken aback by all the religious references. After hitting rock bottom last year, I started going back to church. This is when I found out who she was, and I really liked her inspirational messages. I had given the book away, so I was happy to see that my library had the audiobook.

This is going to sound mean, but the reader had an annoying voice. I tried not to pay attention while listening to what was important......more
JEROLYN GOODMAN
Positive thinking is wrapped up in the 100 chapters of this book!

One chapter per day builds wisdom to live more effortlessly. I loved reading every word of this book.
JEROLYN GOODMAN

Cecile
Thoroughly enjoyed it. Will try to implement some of the suggestions on how to simplify my life.
Shalini Sharma
Although i knew almost everything that this book taught me and i even follow everything alredy but still sometimes it is good if somebody reminds u of everythin all ovr again....
Lynn
This book is very religious, it begins with a bible verse and the number of the way to simplify your life. Many are things you know you should do, some of things that you probably will never to, and
the rest fall in between. Some of the ideas made me think about how I go about life. This was more
of a list with explanations, than a book you would sit down and read. Maybe it would be better off
as a religious calendar.
Marjorie
Okay, you should be able to tell from the title, that if you have to have 100 ways, this is not going to be very simple!!! Funny. Actually, the content is not bad, she has some good suggestions, but she honestly could have done it in 25, because many are just different ways of saying the same thing. So scan it, and consolidate it for the key points (simplify, if you will), and take those 25 points to heart.
Karen
I love this book. For me, it isn't a read it through and have it done book. I use it one day at a time taking breaks when I want to . I have been inspired and reminded what my real values are. That's the heart of simplifying. I try to take one step, then work on another. It's all good.

I am still using this one. There is so much in it that it is never done. Wonderful book. Highly recommended.
Ashley Macmillan-cardy
I love Joyce Meyer. She always has such great - and doable- ideas. Her faith is inspirational, and even though I wouldn't call myself religious, I truly enjoy her books. I have read a few, and they are so uplifting. This book has fantastic ways to simplify your life. Some you don't even realize you may be doing. I definitely recommend this book. It is already making a positive change in my life.
Anna
Sep 11, 2009 Anna added it
this book was exactly what i needed when i found it at my library. i was actually introduced to the author awhile back thru my dad, but connected more to this book, then the one he read: battlefield of the mind. this book is exactly what you think it is: 100 tips on simplifying your life, but it ties everything into the bible. super helpful for me.
Teresa
Read as a book club book with friends from church during Lent. Chapters were quick reads and just enough info to get me thinking. I go back and reread certain chapters when I need reinforcement. There is some repetition and contradictions but our group decided it was because some of us were taking the info to literal.
Molly Giddens
I love that this book is broken up into very small sections. Joyce gives her 100 ways in short one to two-page chapters. I liked that I could just read a few at a time to really think about the choices I make. I think that's why it took me so long to read! Great, practical ways to make our lives more simple and spiritual.
Heather
I love little self help books full of ideas on how to simplify your life. I really enjoyed the 2 pages on "living with margin" which means leave room in your schedule to unwind between each of your events. I am guilty of not doing that and it really makes sense!

Great quick read
Anthony
Most of the book is common sense, however some of the things she writes can provide clarity on what one already knows or beleives. Some of the steps did force me to examing my faith/spirtual life more thoroughly, but I wouldn't say the book was either cathartic or epiphantic.
I did not really like this book too much. There are some good quotes and points made but I found the format rather choppy and had the distinct impression that she rushed through writing this to meet a deadline. Not bad but not great either I thought.
Deborah
There is a lot of good stuff in this book. I love Joyce Meyer's practical Christianity. She gives scriptures to go along with each idea she presents, as well as real-life examples. This was a quick and easy read well worth the time I spent with it.
Elise
The content in this book is solid and true. I didn't find it very helpful simply because I knew most of these things from life experience. Everyone's journey is different, though, so this could be completely life changing if read at the right time.
Anna
I'm usually a total sucker for the self-help simplify and organize books. But this author bored me, annoyed me, and wanted me to love Jesus too much. I'm all for loving Jesus, but quoting bible versus won't get my pantry organized.
Jenny
Jayce didn't like this book. He thought she spent too much time explaining why it was okay to have a lot of money. I read a little bit and didn't find it to be anything special. I have read better books on this topic.
Emily Thayer
Simple ways to simplify your life!! I love Joyce Meyer's 'GET OVER IT' and 'GET REAL' attitude!! Life is too short and we need to be real to ourselves and who we are. God has a purpose for each of our lives.
Kara
Chapters are short and to-the-point. Very good insight! She brings up the reasons why we make our lives more complicated than they need to be and what our motivation is for doing it. I really liked this book.
Shari
These are just 1-2 page quick reads on different ways to simplify your life. This book could be use for a daily devotional or just daily inspiration. They don't take long to read at all.
Adrienna
This is a devotional day-by-day spiritual enlightenment that reflects to your daily life. I will use this for my "Words of Wisdom" segments on Dream 4 More showcase on blogtalkradio.com/Dream4More.
  • God's Power to Change Your Life
  • Love Your Life: Living Happy, Healthy, and Whole
  • Daily Readings from Your Best Life Now: 90 Devotions for Living at Your Full Potential
  • Why You Act the Way You Do
  • Life Management for Busy Women: Living Out God's Plan with Passion & Purpose
  • Experiencing the Heart of Jesus Workbook: Knowing His Heart, Feeling His Love
  • FYI: For Your Improvement, A Guide for Development and Coaching
  • Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl
  • Who Switched Off My Brain?
  • The Rhythm of Life: Living Every Day with Passion and Purpose
  • When God Weeps: Why Our Sufferings Matter to the Almighty
  • The Prayer That Changes Everything: The Hidden Power of Praising God
  • Walking with God: Talk to Him. Hear from Him. Really.
  • Have a New Husband by Friday
  • The Lady, Her Lover, and Her Lord
  • God without Religion: Can It Really Be This Simple?
  • Destined to Reign: The Secret to Effortless Success, Wholeness, and Victorious Living
  • Voluntary Simplicity: Toward a Way of Life That is Outwardly Simple, Inwardly Rich
JOYCE MEYER is one of the world's leading practical Bible teachers. A #1 New York Times bestselling author, she has written more than seventy inspirational books, including The Confident Woman, Look Great, Feel Great, and the entire Battlefield of the Mind family of books. She has also released thousands of audio teachings as well as a complete video library. Joyce's Enjoying Everyday Life® radio...more
More about Joyce Meyer...
Battlefield Of The Mind - Winning The Battle In Your Mind Me and My Big Mouth!: Your Answer is Right Under Your Nose The Confident Woman: Start Today Living Boldly and Without Fear Approval Addiction: Overcoming Your Need to Please Everyone The Penny

“Praying before you have an emergency is like putting money in the bank. If you have money set aside, then a car problem you were not expecting does not need to upset you. You have provided a way to continue living a simple, joy-filled life before you experienced a need. Start today getting some prayers in reserve. Fill up your prayer tank and you will avoid constantly living in crisis mode.” 0 likes
“You are probably familiar with the statement, “To thine own heart be true.” One of the ways we make our lives so complex is when we veer off course and ignore what is really important to us. If we put aside our own hearts and follow what the world thinks we should and ought to do, we will find ourselves unfulfilled and empty. Life will be tasteless. We will go through the motions, but nothing will satisfy us. What do you want out of life? What do you believe God’s will is for you? Some people spend so much time meeting what they think their obligations are that they don’t even know what they want. They never ask themselves because they figure it is way out of reach. When I ask what you want out of life, I am not talking about selfish desire; I am talking about heart desire. There is something deep in your heart God has planted there.” 0 likes