Start by marking “The Devil and Ms. Johnson” as Want to Read:
The Devil and Ms. Johnson

The Devil and Ms. Johnson (Series #2)

3.64  ·  Rating Details  ·  102 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
A government agent, Devon Bannion is burnt out. He just wants to retire and join his best friend and ex-partner Ian in his Chicago security business, but Uncle Sam demands he complete one last job. He gets to Chicago too late to be best man at Ian's wedding but just in time to discover the maid of honor asleep in his borrowed bed.

Lacey Johnson, a web designer and hacking
Published September 30th 2009 by Ellora's Cave (first published November 30th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Devil and Ms. Johnson, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Devil and Ms. Johnson

Dina
Check out AgentScully's review. All I have to say about this book is there, with the exception that I'm less lenient than her and can't muster the will to give this read more than 3 stars. The suspense plot was ridiculous and drove me nuts. I don't read romantica for the mystery either, but if the author decides to include it in the story, they'd better make it work. The suspense plot should have been removed from the story altogether, IMHO.
Auntee
Jul 25, 2008 Auntee rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Erotic romance fans
Recommended to Auntee by: Julie (jj)
Shelves: erotic-romance
Another winner by the author of "Jane & the Sneaky Dom"! This one is about the best friends of the H/H from "Jane", web designer and part-time hacking consultant for the FBI, Lacey Johnson, and government agent and all around 'super spy', Devon Bannion. If you're a fan of sexy, witty dialogue, then you'll love this book. If you love to read about explosive, inventive sexual encounters (some without the use of a bed), then you'll love this book. If you like to read about a hero and heroine wh ...more
Christa
Sep 21, 2008 Christa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: booksfree-com
I found The Devil & Ms. Johnson to be a completely delightful book. I really enjoyed the author's previous book, Jane and the Sneaky Dom, but I liked this second book even better. I loved both the hero and the heroine, and their interaction with one another was wonderful. I enjoyed the way in which they accepted one another from the start, and it was refreshing to see both of them engage wholeheartedly in their relationship from the beginning without trying to deny their feelings. There was ...more
AgentScully
Sep 22, 2009 AgentScully rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-smut
Although a sequel to Jane & the Sneaky Dom, this book is quite different. It is longer and has more of a plot, and the sex scenes are more vanilla. That said, the romance is just as pleasing. Devon is a hot hunk and Lacey is very likable. It's cute how Devon is attracted to her the first time he sees her passed out semi-drunk and snoring. They have some very nice banter going on. And the sex scenes sizzle!

My problem was with the suspense plot. Devon didn't seem to do much investigating and
Ladiibbug
Feb 28, 2009 Ladiibbug rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Romantic Suspense Fans: Steamy / Erotica Fans
Recommended to Ladiibbug by: Laura Stamps
Romantic Suspense *very steamy* - Sequel to Jane and the Sneaky Dom, either can easily be read as stand-alones

Perfect! Rollicking belly laugh humor from the first pages with a solid suspense plot. Five stars isn't enough for The Devil and Ms. Johnson - can I give it a couple more?

Devon thinks he's retired from an off-the-books gov't. intelligence agency, till he's called back for just one more job - involving a bad guy he's got experience with.

Lacey is a web designer with hacker abilities, which
Julie (jjmachshev)
Jun 14, 2008 Julie (jjmachshev) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2008-reads, erotica
I really loved this book. The story had me laughing out loud and the love scenes, oh baby they were HOT! The first Hannah Murray book I read was "Jane and the Sneaky Dom" which I enjoyed tremendously so I ordered "The Devil and Ms Johnson". I'm so glad I did. The heroine is smart and spunky, the hero is sexy and daring, and their relationship starts with a bet. If you enjoy humor with your erotica, don't miss this author!
Julianna
Mar 26, 2010 Julianna rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Erotic Romance or Light Romantic Suspense
Recommended to Julianna by: Auntee, Laura, Christa, Julie (jjmachshev)
The Devil and Ms. Johnson was a fun bit of escapist reading, but I have to say that I enjoyed the first book in this duet, Jane and the Sneaky Dom a little more. The Devil and Ms. Johnson continues the series with the story of Devon and Lacey, the best friends of the hero and heroine of Jane and the Sneaky Dom. Woven in between bouts of hot, steamy sex was a romantic suspense plot that had Devon and Lacey trying to outwit an international terrorist and an FBI mole. This part added some action, l ...more
Blackbook
Aug 12, 2008 Blackbook rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica, 2008
Her books make you laugh like Susan Elizabeth Phillips. They are however quite a bit naughtier. Her books are charming, easy to read and easy on the heart. I might put her in my old friends category.

BB
Adis
Nice and easy read. Delightful with witty dialogue and had me laugh out loud. Not as good as the first book Jane and the Sneaky Dom(the suspense was awful!!!). Ms.Murray should have kept this one as ordinary contemporary romance, because the suspense element kind of ridiculous. Their action toward the bad guy/girl was unbelievable stupid. I used to read serious and "real" romantic suspense, so this one was a disappointment. But the romance was wonderful without any denial and trust issue.
ൠSinful
Better than book one. Written a few years later, this book is still fun and light reading. No heavy character development here. But it has a stronger plot and sub plot woven throughout.

Spoiler:
I thought the only thing that was unbelievabe was how quick he proposed and then I remembered that my husband of 18 years also proposed after a month. Laugh is on me.
Lindy
Nov 06, 2011 Lindy rated it it was amazing
I'd say 4 1/2 stars for this one -- it was really good. The chemistry is great, the drama/suspense is well done & doesn't detract from the romance, and the sex is SCORCHING hot. I zipped right through this one & was left feeling very satisfied. Another winner from Ellora's Cave!
~Steph~Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
Really enjoyed this book - the conversations between Devon & Lacey were so funny, they both have the greatest personalities. Not much in suspense, but the sex and bantor between the two made it a great lighter read.
Irene
Feb 13, 2011 Irene added it
maybe one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read in my life. Not counting that vampire atrociousness tooth and nailed.
IDEK.
Pamela(AllHoney)
Fun and delightful and definitely sexy.
Mitzi
Book 2 in series. Very good.
Nikel27
Good read
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2016
Julie
Julie rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2016
Emi
Emi rated it liked it
Apr 18, 2016
Vinu Premlal
Vinu Premlal rated it it was amazing
Apr 17, 2016
Janet Olson
Janet Olson marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
Zachary
Zachary rated it it was amazing
Mar 31, 2016
Elisa Martinez
Elisa Martinez marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2016
Haz
Haz marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2016
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2016
  • Coming in Last
  • Waiting for It
  • Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off (Country Music Collection, #1)
  • More than a Bargain (Leashed #2)
  • Dangerous Cravings (Dangerous Cravings, #1)
  • Finding Strength
  • Friends With Benefits (The Boulevard, #2)
  • Maverick's Black Cat (The Boulevard, #1)
  • Slave To Love
  • Satisfaction Guaranteed
  • Passionate Realities
  • Cocked And Loaded
  • Mating Games (Halle Pumas, #1-3)
  • Tigress by the Tail (Maxey Wizards, #1)
  • The Twelve Quickies of Christmas (Volume 2)
  • The Spy Who Saved Christmas (SDDU, #10)
  • Cady's Cowboy (Crime Tells, #2)
  • Stud Finders Incorporated