Start by marking “Wolfsbane: A Novel” as Want to Read:
Wolfsbane: A Novel

Wolfsbane: A Novel (Rebel Angels #3)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  80 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
It's tough being the foretold savior of your race. Rory MacGregor, kept a virtual prisoner in his own father's dun and hunted by the Sithe queen, needs a break now and then—and what better fun than tearing the Veil no one else can tear and escaping to the Otherworld?

In that dangerous Otherworld, Hannah Falconer is as trapped by circumstance as the strange wild Sithe boy wh
Published June 2nd 2015 by Tor Fantasy (first published August 10th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Wolfsbane, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wolfsbane

Vanessa
May 06, 2015 Vanessa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
After the gripping events of book 2, BLOODSTONE, it's now fifteen years later and Seth is the dun captain--a responsibility he never expected, knowing his brother Conal would inherit. Now Conal is gone, but Seth has his son Rory, whose ability to manipulate the Viel--the barrier between the Sithe world and the human world--makes him the prophesied Bloodstone, and the very person Queen Kate NicNiven wants for her own purposes.

Unfortunately teenagers will chafe under restrictions, even knowing it'
Liviania
Jul 28, 2014 Liviania rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a little hard for me to accept that there's only one more Rebel Angels book to go. I've been enjoying the hell out of this series. It's sprawling and twisted and based on characters who make mistakes because they can't be anything but themselves. And, of course, the villain who takes advantage of that.

WOLFSBANE did feel a bit like a holding pattern before the end. The stakes weren't quite as high, the protagonists didn't lose quite as much - but the antagonist didn't win as much either.

The
Small Review
This series gets better and better! Full review to come.

Originally posted on Small Review

Gosh do I love this series. I don't know what it is about it, but Gillian Philip's books are like crack. I can't get enough of them and each installment in this series is unwaveringly solid.

Seth has grown up a lot and is firmly in the "awesome characters to root for" column, which makes it even better that his romance here just overwhelms me with happiness for all parties involved.

Like the previous books, e
Wayne
Oct 30, 2015 Wayne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-favs
After really loving the last one in the series this one did not disappoint. Plenty of action, great characters, twists and turns, drama ~ this had it all. After taking a while to warm to it I am hooked now. The plot is just so good and the writing just draws you in and really makes the characters burst off the pages. Really looking forward to the last in the series, Icefall. I will also have to invest in the .5 prequel to Firebrand, Frost child as well I think. Overall a great read in a very enj ...more
Chris Curran
Sep 14, 2012 Chris Curran rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Rebel Angels series just gets better and better. Gillian Phillip has created an absolutely compelling world full of drama and violence and in the third instalment, Wolfsbane, the civil war between the rival Sithe factions becomes ever more deadly. Seth McGregor, now Captain of his clann, continues the fight against the evil Queen, Kate NicNiven, as she attempts to destroy the Veil that separates the Sithe world from our own. But Seth has enemies even amongst his own fighters and as he strugg ...more
Sera Lewis
Oct 12, 2014 Sera Lewis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm leaping in mid-season and really wasn't sure I was going to get caught up, but somewhere around the hundredth page, it had me. Contemporary faery fantasy with a land that reads like 9th century Scotland, only with CD players.
Neile
Sep 16, 2012 Neile rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Despite the harsh, violent world of this series, I find it utterly compelling. It's the passion of these characters, for each other, for their pain, for their world, and their need to do the right thing, however damaged they are.
Ruth Long
Sep 07, 2012 Ruth Long rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love love love this series so much. Utterly shameless, especially when it comes to Seth of course!

Goes firmly on the list of books that made me late for work and stay up too late because I simply couldn't put it down. :D
Adele
Dec 15, 2014 Adele rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm torn. There were parts I loved and I wanted to give this four stars, but there were also parts that I found written in an unnecessarily confusing way and a few parts that were a little boring. Overall, a satisfying read, though.
scarlettraces
(3.5) I liked it, but the middle section lost me & I didn't get back to it for ages. I should probably wait a while before tackling Icefall.
Gemma
I'm still reelling from the ending!!!

Review to follow soon!
Christy
Nov 21, 2014 Christy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
twist and turns abound in those book now the dreaded wait for the next one. the end killed me.
Mary
Aug 23, 2012 Mary rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Another stunner from Gillian Philip. Full review soon on Our Book Reviews Blog
Paula Marlene
Paula Marlene rated it liked it
Aug 09, 2015
Oscar Flynn
Oscar Flynn rated it it was amazing
May 14, 2014
Gavin Grimm
Gavin Grimm rated it it was ok
Apr 05, 2014
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2014
Catherine
Catherine rated it really liked it
Sep 29, 2015
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Feb 27, 2015
Kerry
Kerry rated it did not like it
Sep 16, 2014
Dimkis2
Dimkis2 rated it liked it
May 22, 2013
Krysty
Krysty rated it liked it
Feb 16, 2014
Brant Reif
Brant Reif rated it liked it
Oct 30, 2016
Kim
Kim rated it it was amazing
Sep 16, 2013
Heather
Heather rated it it was amazing
Jan 22, 2015
J.R. Sparlin
J.R. Sparlin rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2016
Erin
Erin rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2015
Kathryn Evans
Kathryn Evans rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2016
Chet Tata
Chet Tata rated it liked it
May 09, 2015
Froukje
Froukje rated it liked it
Dec 17, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
  • The Shadowed Throne (The Risen Sun, #2)
  • Robert Asprin's Dragons Run
  • The Guild (Guardians of Destiny, #3)
  • Mind Games (Cassie Scot #3)
  • Ward Against Disaster (Chronicles of a Reluctant Necromancer #3)
  • The Cat, the Devil, the Last Escape
  • Magic and Loss (Golgotham #3)
  • The Boy who Wept Blood (Erebus Sequence, #2)
  • TimeBomb (Timebomb Trilogy #1)
  • 1066: What Fates Impose
  • Hunter Deceived (Wild Hunt #1)
  • Swords and Scoundrels (Duelists Trilogy, #1)
  • The Bloodbound (Bloodbound, #1)
  • Sold for Endless Rue
  • The Woken Gods
  • Jane
  • Beyond the Pale
  • The Red Lily Crown: A Novel of Medici Florence
Gillian Philip is the author of more than 20 books for adults, young adults and children, including the Rebel Angels series (Firebrand, Bloodstone, Wolfsbane and Icefall). Her debut novel, the dystopian mystery Bad Faith, was published in 2008.

As well as fantasy she writes crime: Crossing The Line and The Opposite Of Amber are published by Bloomsbury. She is one of the Erin Hunters, working on th
More about Gillian Philip...

Rebel Angels (4 books)
  • Firebrand (Rebel Angels, #1)
  • Bloodstone (Rebel Angels, #2)
  • Icefall (Rebel Angels, #4)