Start by marking “Five-Alarm Fudge” as Want to Read:
Five-Alarm Fudge

Five-Alarm Fudge (A Fudge Shop Mystery #3)

In the newest Fudge Shop Mystery from the national bestselling author of Hot Fudge Frame-Up, Ava Oosterling is after a recipe to kill for...

It’s autumn in Fishers’ Harbor, Wisconsin, and fudge shop owner Ava Oosterling is busy preparing for the harvest festival and a visit from some royal relatives who live in Belgium. According to Ava’s grandpa, a famous divinity fudge re
Published April 7th 2015 by NAL

Lisa Kelley
Apr 07, 2015 Lisa Kelley rated it really liked it
FIVE-ALARM FUDGE had my taste buds tingling and the amateur sleuth raring to investigate!

The series had me at the word fudge. I couldn’t wait to get my hands on FIRST-DEGREE FUDGE, book 1 in the Fudge Shop Mysteries. Now here I am, just finished the third book and I’m already looking forward to the next!

Author Christine DeSmet has once again created a tempting concoction of mystery, great characters, and mouthwatering delights. This was a fast paced read with twists and turns, and a strong myste
Janice Liedl
Aug 13, 2015 Janice Liedl rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
Too frenetic for my tastes, this book would definitely benefit from having been read as part of the series. There are many characters, many conflicts and a lot of baggage dragging down our heroine. One of those that most annoyed me was her family's objection to Dillon, her former and renewed boyfriend. It felt forced to have an adult woman be treated like a teenager at the same time she's running a business (delicious fudge!) and investigating crimes. There were other juvenile-level character ...more
Kate
Sep 29, 2015 Kate rated it really liked it
A fun read that kept me turning the pages. I learned a lot about making fudge which was neat!
LORI CASWELL
Nov 14, 2016 LORI CASWELL rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2016
Dollycas’s Thoughts

There is something to do in Door County, Wisconsin year round but the fall when the leaves are changing is one of my favorite times.

In the fictional Fishers’ Harbor everyone is getting ready for the Harvest Festival and this year is extra special because some royal relatives are coming to town. Ava’S grandfather has promised the special guestS some Divinity Fudge made from a very old recipe. The problem is no one has the recipe but he believes it is hidden in an old church, so
Vivian
Oct 19, 2016 Vivian rated it liked it
It was a pleasure reading a mystery involving a lost divinity recipe - it brought back fond memories of when my grandmother used to make it...and, yes, it is very hard to make! Anyway, the search for this lost recipe leads to a bloody knife found in the church choir loft, and then to the church basement where a body is found. The mystery is quite complex and a bit difficult to follow unless you are concentrating because it involves a lot more than just a lost recipe. I wasn't particularly into ...more
OpenBookSociety.com
Jun 01, 2015 OpenBookSociety.com rated it really liked it
Shelves: daniele

Brought to you by OBS Reviewer Daniele

Ava and her grandfather, affectionately called Gilpa, run Oosterlings’ Live Bait, Bobbers and Belgian Fudge and Beer in Door County, Wisconsin. The area has a long Belgian history, and its residents are busy preparing for the annual kermis (fall festival) and the arrival of some very special guests, Prince Arnaud Van Damme and his mother Princess Amandine from Belgium. In an effort to mutually boost tourism, Gilpa has
Tina at A COZY GIRL READS AND WRITES Blog

Royalty is coming to Fishers Harbor, Wisconsin for the kermis, a summer fair, It is home of Oosterlings' Live Bait,Bobbers,& Beligan Fudge and Beer and Fudge Shop owner, Ave Oosterling and her family. The royalty happens to be relations to Ava's grandmother, Sophie, Prince Arnaud Van Damme and his mother Princess Amandine but Ava's grandmother is harboring a deep dark secret that she does not wish to reveal.

Ava's Grandfather, who she affectionately calls,Gilpa knows there's a recipe for "div
Anne
Dec 16, 2015 Anne rated it it was ok
Diana
Aug 14, 2015 Diana rated it it was amazing
Ava is, and probably will remain, my absolute favorite part of this series, she is so unique and refreshing. I know if I knew someone like her we would be fast and forever friends. She has such a sweet and yet daring personality. My husband has not read the series, but his favorite part is the fudge. He always wants to know what the new flavors are in each part. As you can see from my pictures, he made a shopping list and I made fudge!

All of the characters are fabulous and the setting is charmin
Donna
Sep 10, 2015 Donna rated it really liked it
Fudge maker Ava Oosterling and her Grandpa co-own Oosterling's Live Bait, Bobbers & Belgian Fudge and Beer in Fisher's Harbor, Wisconsin. Ava is busy looking for a famous divinity fudge recipe her Grandpa says is hidden in the historic local church. A dead body gets in her way. Several fires break out around Ava's business and she's convinced someone wants to stop her from finding the recipe. When a friend is put in jail for the murder, she is determined to find the real killer.

I love fudge

Jun 08, 2015 Grey853 rated it it was ok
Daniele
Apr 16, 2015 Daniele rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2015

I will have to go back and read the previous books in the series. I think my newness to the series make this a slow go in the beginning. I had a hard time keeping the characters straight and had questions throughout about some characters' behavior. The mystery was well plotted but I found Ava somewhat annoying. Why do so many people perpetually lie? My favorite parts were scenes with Lucky Harbor.
Doward Wilson
May 21, 2015 Doward Wilson rated it it was amazing
FUDGE, FUDGE, FUDGE!!! Christine DeSmet's A Fudge Shop Mystery series set in Wisconsin is mouth watering delicious. A bait and tackle shop on the lake with a a fudge making kitchen and sales shop are unique. Ava, her friend and family pull you in and don't let go until the murder is solved. This is Book#3 and each one continues to get better. Start with Book #1, First-Degree Fudge and keep going. Have plenty of chocolate snacks on hand!
Peggy Clayton
Feb 25, 2016 Peggy Clayton rated it really liked it
I liked this book I hadn't read any of the previous Fudge Shop Mysteries so I read it as a stand alone. The first several pages were so slow I almost put it down but that isn't me so I kept reading and it picked up. This was a hit to 2nd base!
Abby Fabian
May 10, 2016 Abby Fabian rated it liked it
I really loved this book. I always love how the fudge making process is always explained and showed. The mystery was great. Can't wait to read the next book!
Amanda
Jan 22, 2016 Amanda rated it it was amazing
This was a fantastic read, I loved all the little twists and turns and the little bits of history that were woven into the story.

I look forward to reading more of Ava's adventures soon.
Jenni Schell
Oct 12, 2015 Jenni Schell rated it really liked it
I just love this series. The characters are so endearing and the story is always fantastic. Plus, how can you go wrong with fudge recipes?
Judith Felts
Judith Felts rated it it was amazing
Nov 08, 2015
Jennifer Burtch
Jennifer Burtch rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2015
Pam
Pam rated it liked it
May 17, 2015
Cyndi
Cyndi rated it really liked it
Sep 09, 2015
Cherene
Cherene rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2016
Laura rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2015
Stacey
Stacey rated it it was amazing
Jul 07, 2015
Deb Saunders
Deb Saunders rated it really liked it
Sep 28, 2016
Noelle Fandel
Noelle Fandel rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2016
 Czekolada Hope
Czekolada Hope rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2016
Kim Kasanic
Kim Kasanic rated it it was amazing
Jun 09, 2015
Christine
Christine rated it liked it
May 22, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
  • To Fudge or Not to Fudge  (Candy-Coated, #2)
  • A Sticky Situation (Sugar Grove Mystery, #3)
  • Dangerously Dark
  • Town in a Cinnamon Toast (A Candy Holliday Mystery, #7)
  • Beewitched (Queen Bee Mystery, #5)
  • Fillet of Murder (Deep Fried Mystery #1)
  • Guilty as Cinnamon (Spice Shop Mystery, #2)
  • Murder Hooks a Mermaid (A Haunted Souvenir Shop Mystery #2)
  • Revenge of the Chili Queens
  • Paws for Murder (Pet Boutique #1)
  • It's a Wonderful Knife (A Comfort Food Mystery, #5)
  • The Iced Princess (Snow Globe Shop Mystery, #2)
  • For Cheddar or Worse (A Cheese Shop Mystery #7)
  • Hiss and Tell
  • Dead Men Don't Eat Cookies (Cookie Cutter Shop Mystery, #6)
  • Death of A Bad Apple (A Food Festival Mystery #3)
  • Truffled to Death
  • Horse of a Different Killer (Call of the Wilde #3)
Christine is a novelist, screenwriter, short story writer, and playwright.

She teaches writing in the Continuing Studies division of University of Wisconsin-Madison. She’s the director of the annual June “Write-by-the-Lake Writer’s Workshop & Retreat” and the fall “Weekend with Your Novel.”

She is a member of Mystery Writers of America, Sisters in Crime, Romance Writers of America, and Jewels of
More about Christine DeSmet...

A Fudge Shop Mystery (3 books)
  • First-Degree Fudge (A Fudge Shop Mystery #1)
  • Hot Fudge Frame-Up (A Fudge Shop Mystery #2)