Start by marking “Mr Phelps' Fish Truck” as Want to Read:
Mr Phelps' Fish Truck

Mr Phelps' Fish Truck

Mr Phelp’s Fish Truck is a beautifully illustrated children’s story about how Mr Phelps and his trusty dog Ned drive their big white truck from Martinborough to the fishing village of Ngawi to collect freshly caught fish.

Published June 1st 2014 by Martinborough Stories

To ask other readers questions about Mr Phelps' Fish Truck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr Phelps' Fish Truck

Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
Mr Phelp’s Fish Truck is a beautifully illustrated children’s story about Mr Phelps and his trusty dog Ned as they drive their big white truck from Martinborough to the fishing village of Ngawi to collect freshly caught fish.

Multi-coloured bulldozers, huge commercial fishing boats, crates of fresh fish and a rugged coastline are all part of a day’s work. Their trip takes them up through the Wairarapa valley to deliver the fish to the processing factory… and then back home for a well-earned trea
Kendra
Oct 05, 2014 Kendra rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-read
I really enjoyed this book! Any book with rhyming is a winner for me, so song like! The story is a nice every day life experience, not some far-fetched fantasy, and the illustrations are so Kiwiana!

Thanks for sending a first read copy!
Sarah Hurd
Aug 17, 2014 Sarah Hurd rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic book - wonderful illustrations and a beautifully written, quirky story. My children love it too. It is great to see a New Zealand book, about New Zealand people going about their day, all packaged up as such an enjoyable read. Superb.
Mathias Michael
Oct 31, 2014 Mathias Michael rated it it was amazing
Mr Phelps' Fish Truck is a gorgeous hardcover, quality New Zealand book! It has a lovely rhyming story and vibrant illustrations. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it to my son, and would recommend it to other families.
Jenine Flatt
Oct 02, 2014 Jenine Flatt rated it really liked it
Beautifully illustrated in an easy style. The kids were instantly drawn to the pictures. So much for them to see on each page. The text flows smoothly and has a distinct kiwi flavour. A great story about everyday people and the jobs they do.
Saereem
Nov 26, 2015 Saereem rated it liked it
I received this book in a goodreads giveaway

I really enjoyed the unique illustrations as well as the kiwiana used in the book. I like the message that the author(s) tries to send as well.
Joanne Armstrong
Oct 23, 2014 Joanne Armstrong rated it really liked it
A delightful read, fantastic to read aloud. My children loved it! It's always a pleasure to find independent authors and illustrators.
Barbara
Oct 24, 2014 Barbara rated it it was amazing
This is a great story with cool illustrations. Fun book for the whole family. My kids love it. Thank you for the giveaway.
Heather
Dec 10, 2014 Heather rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I’d like to thank the publisher for sending me a copy of this book through First Reads.
This is a wonderful quality hardcover book with a great rhyming story and excellent illustrations.
I liked the message conveyed about everyday people and the jobs they do,as well as the kiwiana aspect.
Children love the pictures - there is so much for them to see on each page.
A superb book that I would recommend to others.
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Oct 16, 2015
Tracey Phelps
Tracey Phelps rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2014
Tina Manuel
Tina Manuel rated it really liked it
Dec 14, 2014
P.J. Bayliss
P.J. Bayliss rated it it was amazing
Oct 04, 2014
Monique
Monique marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Lesley
Lesley marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Kessa
Kessa marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Wendy
Wendy marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
HyeJin
HyeJin marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Sarah Blair
Sarah Blair marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Keith
Keith marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Janet
Janet marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014